Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Hands On With the ZTE Chorus - PC Magazine

chorus.jpg

Last night at the CES preview in New York City, PCMag got to take a look at the ZTE Chorus for Cricket Wireless. The Chrous is an Android-based feature phone with built-in support for Cricket's
    Muve Music

service.
    Like the
    Motorola i886

for Sprint, the ZTE Chorus runs on Android. Exactly what version of Android that is, I don't know. I poked around in the Settings menu, but couldn't find any clues that gave away what's going on beneath the hood. It shouldn't really matter, though, because the Chorus is being marketed as a feature phone. Albeit a smart one.
    There's a full HTML Android Web browser, which is a pleasant upgrade from the much less capable browsers found on many other feature phones. But there's no Android Market, so you can't use the plethora of apps designed for Android smartphones. There's a Storefront app on the phone, but it's more like a standard feature phone app store. There's also no Wi-Fi, so you'll need to do all of your browsing over 3G. Oddly, there's no built-in email support, which is one of Android's strongest features, though you can access it within the browser.

The Chorus also features a 2-megapixel camera and a camcorder. There's a 3.5mm headphone jack, so you shouldn't have any trouble using a standard pair of headphones, and the phone supports both music and video playback, though we don't yet know for which file formats.
    Whereas the Motorola i886 had a full, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, the Chorus drops that in favor of a 3.2-inch, 800-by-480 pixel touch screen. Problem is, it's a resistive touch screen, and it didn't feel particularly responsive. It looks relatively bright and sharp, but I repeatedly had to give a few extra taps to navigate my way around the phone.
    Aside from the screen, the phone has a somewhat flimsy build. It's made entirely of shiny black plastic, and shrinks Android's typical four function keys into two, plus a music button.
    Build and Android curiosities aside, the biggest feature here is the support for Muve Music. We've taken a look at Muve before, in our review of the
    Samsung Suede

. Muve is an affordable, unlimited mobile plan that includes millions of tracks from Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, Sony Music, and EMI. We found it to be a bit buggy, but promising.
    The ZTE Chorus is an interesting phone, to be sure. There is no official release date yet, but check back with PCMag for a full review when it becomes available.

Source:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817...id=9YUxnFMXliC

Last edited by avenue; 11-09-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Cricket Users' Free Android App - Read, post, and more from your Android device!

Find a phone to flash to Cricket!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

It's nice to get some more information regarding this handset.

This is the probably the first "Android feature phone".

Thread Information