Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

Thumbs up How to(OFFICIAL) Full Flash HTC Thunderbolt to Cricket Wireless

Htc Thunderbolt Full Flash

-Lovehatehero123
    aka
    Oriax123 in other Forums

Quick Notes:

Cdma workshop 2.7 will work but if you have 3.5 or later is better.
    Qpst DOES work if you dont read from the phone. Just write.

PRL:*228 will not work for the Thunderbolt. (at least for me)

Codes i know:
    ##778# send
    ##PROGRAM# send
    ##DIAG# send for Diag mode i use "GScript" because it doesnt require you to reboot your phone everytime.
    ##3242#send

How To: Basic

Enable debugging mode and diagmode(##778#)

1.First connect the phone to cdma workshop but do not read.
    (i used gscript for diag mode, itll only show the cdma port)

2.Send Spc code to the Phone.

3.Go to the "Other" tab and navigate to "R-UIM" then click read.

4.Change it to "NV Only" and write to phone. It should say Successful

5.Now you can pick the Prl you want to use and write it.

Reboot.

How to: Full on Stock

1.Complete Basic flash and follow the QPST GUIDE (search)

2.Do a ##778# send then to Modem settings.
    Go down to Modem Settings and pick Rev A
    Choose enable , hit the menu button and then Commit Modifications.
    and Reboot!

3.For MMS, go to the default messaging app and then into settings. Go to MMS then change the mmsc to

http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

Then go to Camera app and change the resolution to 640x480!

Last step (may not be required if you get 3G after restart)

Dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone info, then set preferred network type to CDMA auto (PRL)

MMS (if above doesnt work)

Originally posted by sinewaves ^^

[/QUOTE]"This is how i successfully managed to get mms sending and receiving on stock 2.2.1.

1) you have to have the Verizon Lte card installed.
    2) go to apn back/restore ( android market)
    3) back up your stock APN
    4) mount your phone on to your cpu ( computer ), and go to the sd card and look for Apn back up and restore there you will find your factory Apn back up drag it to your desktop.
    5) Next take that Apn back up and right click and then edit ( notepad ) and copy and paste this >

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Remember when u install the apn back up in ( above, step 5 ) it may not load all this information just follow the steps below on how to manually set up the apn.

6) Unmount phone, go applications, to Apn backup/restore, delete apns, load your newly edited Apn.
    7) Now go to applications and open voice dialer, and speak into your phone and "Say" open apns.
    8) open apn settings and edit your configurations with these settings >

Name: Cricket
    APN: Internet
    Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
    Port: 8080
    Username: your10digitnumber@mycricket.com
    Password: cricket
    mmc: 310
    mnc: 00

MMSC:

MMS protocol: wap 2.0

This is how i got everything working, Im still having issues with 1x not working all the time when i first flashed the phone is was working here and there, i will be working on it until i find a resolution to this annoying problem, i have read around seems the radio sticks so im gonna try updating the radio to see if it may fix it..

EDITED: Dont forget to pull the Lte 4g card out when your finished and make sure you menu, settings, wireless networks and make sure your network is enabled.."[/QUOTE]

Last edited by oriax123; 03-07-2012 at 05:15 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Ah I see that you found your forum. Thanks for the post... Stickied and prefixed.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Ah I see that you found your forum. Thanks for the post... Stickied and prefixed.
    Thanks a bunch for making it

keep in mind cricket will not accept the esn, at least out here in my market

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by ownmart View Post
    keep in mind cricket will not accept the esn, at least out here in my market
    After converting it from Meid(Hex) 99XX to Meid (Dec) 2XX as i have 25 as the beginning i WAS able to get it activated without the system giving me an error. Im guessing the 26 is the one being restricted. Maybe trying a different meid calculator.

EDIT:

I used this calculator for the meid.

http://www.meidconverter.net/index.php

Last edited by oriax123; 10-28-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Cool Heh

If you connect to the 9K diag port in CDMA WS 3.5+ and read you should get an actual MEID, this can then be used as the MEID on the account.

I would suggest doing this before the Data settings above.

The problem comes in because the Thunderbolt has two radios (hence the two ports) and the 1X and/or Voice radio only has an IMEI.

If you use QPST EFS Explorer you can add a directory named 'opensesamedoor' and it will unlock the NVM folder, this allows you to copy NV item 0 and 1943 to your desktop (drag & drop) and then delete them from the phone.

Use a hex editor to edit the two files changing any numbers or letters to zeros. After editing the files you can right click in the folder and add them back from the computer.

After a manual reboot, open QXDM and type 'RequestNvItemRead Meid' if it shows zeros type 'RequestNvItemWrite Meid 0xAxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <-your Meid.

Reboot manually and your Thunderbolt should have it's actual Meid under the About Phone menu.....

I'm not responsible for any damages to your device.

I haven't tried the conversion method but I'm sure it works too.

Everything will work except receiving mms. if anyone finds it please post the fix!
    I just used APN Backup & Restorecom.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore.apk and changed vtext to mycricket. worked fine for me in and out even without changing the camera settings ...dunno if it'll work for everyone though. :/
    Last edited by amft; 10-28-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by amft View Post
    If you connect to the 9K diag port in CDMA WS 3.5+ and read you should get an actual MEID, this can then be used as the MEID on the account.

I would suggest doing this before the Data settings above.

The problem comes in because the Thunderbolt has two radios (hence the two ports) and the 1X and/or Voice radio only has an IMEI.

If you use QPST EFS Explorer you can add a directory named 'opensesamedoor' and it will unlock the NVM folder, this allows you to copy NV item 0 and 1943 to your desktop (drag & drop) and then delete them from the phone.

Use a hex editor to edit the two files changing any numbers or letters to zeros. After editing the files you can right click in the folder and add them back from the computer.

After a manual reboot, open QXDM and type 'RequestNvItemRead Meid' if it shows zeros type 'RequestNvItemWrite Meid 0xAxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <-your Meid.

Reboot manually and your Thunderbolt should have it's actual Meid under the About Phone menu.....

I'm not responsible for any damages to your device.

I haven't tried the conversion method but I'm sure it works too.
    Havent tried it that way since it takes awhile. The meidconverter will give you the actual meid(dec) in few seconds ^^ so no editing any files and risking a bricked thunderbolt lol.

I'm getting a thunderbolt and I am really good at getting mms to work so I will see if I can fix it! Will let you know my progress and maybe I can see what I can do without a thunderbolt for the time being!

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha199990 View Post
    I'm getting a thunderbolt and I am really good at getting mms to work so I will see if I can fix it! Will let you know my progress and maybe I can see what I can do without a thunderbolt for the time being!

That'd be awesome ^^

For now a mms workaround is using Go sms and setting up the settings.

Waiting for the native mms to work on the Thunderbolt. People have had it working but they charge a pretty penny for it.

Overall activity: 4.0%

I'm wanting to try to flash a thunderbolt. I know someone who wants to trade my evo 4g for a thunderbolt. I'm tempted but seems a bit trucker than flashing the evo 4g. It seems like the thunderbolt has better hardware and newer gen processor. Do you think its worth the swap? How does your thunderbolt perform on cricket? Aside from the mms issue any other limitations?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    I'm wanting to try to flash a thunderbolt. I know someone who wants to trade my evo 4g for a thunderbolt. I'm tempted but seems a bit trucker than flashing the evo 4g. It seems like the thunderbolt has better hardware and newer gen processor. Do you think its worth the swap? How does your thunderbolt perform on cricket? Aside from the mms issue any other limitations?

The thunderbolt is alot better than the Evo 4G ^^ in everything basically. Even though its a hassle to full flash its worth every penny (or trade). Ram is alot better as well so it wont be slowing down as fast as the Evo. So far it works with no problems on cricket. Best phone ive had in my opinion. Using a custom rom makes it even better> should check the phone out first ^^

Yes I am. They guy is coming over. Says its new and never been connected to any service. Will that make any difference? I am going to go for it. If I run into trouble I will be asking questions on here. The meid converter, I just put in the hex and it spits out the dec? The spc should be 000000 right? Verizon. The mms is no big deal to me. I can take my time with that.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    Yes I am. They guy is coming over. Says its new and never been connected to any service. Will that make any difference? I am going to go for it. If I run into trouble I will be asking questions on here. The meid converter, I just put in the hex and it spits out the dec? The spc should be 000000 right? Verizon. The mms is no big deal to me. I can take my time with that.
    Yes Verizon SPC's are always all zero's. ^^ and MMS works using Go sms Pro using the tutorial posted in the forums. Just input the Meid Hex that starts with "99" and itll give you the Dec Meid.

That's sounds good. Thanks for the tips. I will keep you posted with my progress when I get the device.

Overall activity: 15.0%

READ EVERY STEP DO NOT DEVIATE FROM EITHER ONE OF THE GUIDES.

I Have noticed in the later post a lot of people Not reading or following the very simple guides here. If you cant load the prl and get talk n text with the guides above then you need to go back and read the basics of flashing then come back here and attempt this. These solutions cannot be explained any better, this is an advanced flash so we expect nothing less.
    thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Htc Thunderbolt Full Flash (Almost)

This is how i flashed my Thunderbolt 4G to Cricket.

Everything will work except receiving mms. if anyone finds it please post the fix!

-Lovehatehero123
    aka
    Oriax123 in other Forums

Quick Notes:

Cdma workshop 2.7 will work but if you have 3.5 or later is better.
    Qpst DOES work if you dont read from the phone. Just write.

PRL:*228 will not work for the Thunderbolt. (at least for me)

Codes i know:
    ##778# send
    ##PROGRAM# send
    ##DIAG# send for Diag mode i use "GScript" because it doesnt require you to reboot your phone everytime.
    ##3242#send

You can use the Cricket Data Flasher i uploaded in this forum
    , Also youll either need either Cricketsettings or Greenk45 for the proxy tunnel (market)

How To: Basic

Enable debugging mode and diagmode(##778#)

1.First connect the phone to cdma workshop but do not read.
    (i used gscript for diag mode, itll only show the cdma port)

2.Send Spc code to the Phone.

3.Go to the "Other" tab and navigate to "R-UIM" then click read.

4.Change it to "NV Only" and write to phone. It should say Successful

5.Now you can pick the Prl you want to use and write it.

Reboot.

How to: Full

1.Now you all already know how to write everything else to the phone,

User:MDN@mycricket.com
    Pass:cricket
    MIP
    UM
    AN

and so on and so forth.

2.Do a ##778# send then to Modem settings.
    Go down to Modem Settings and pick “Rev A“
    Choose enable , hit the menu button and then “Commit Modifications.”
    and Reboot!

3.For MMS, go to the default messaging app and then into settings. Go to MMS then change the mmsc to

Then go to Camera app and change the resolution to 640x480!

4.Open voice dialer to open "Proxy Settings"
    Proxy:wap.mycricket.com
    Port:8080

then click ok.

5.Last step (may not be required if you get 3G after restart)

Dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone info, then set preferred network type to CDMA auto (PRL)

Thanks if i helped.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Why pay for something when you can do it for free?

This is how i successfully managed to get mms sending and receiving on stock 2.2.1.

1) you have to have the Verizon Lte card installed to set up Apns.
    2) go to apn back/restore ( android market)
    3) back up your stock APN
    4) mount your phone to your computer, go to the sd card and look for Apn back up and restore, there you will find your factory Apn back up drag it to your desktop.
    5) Next take that Apn back up and right click and then edit (notepad) and copy and paste this >

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Remember when u install the apn back up in (step 5) it may not load all this information just follow the steps below on how to manually set up the apn.

6) Unmount phone, go applications, to Apn backup/restore, delete apns, load your newly edited Apn.
    7) Now go to applications and open voice dialer, and instruct your phone to open apns.
    8) open apn settings and edit your configurations with these settings >

Name: Cricket
    APN: Internet
    Proxy: Wap.mycricket.com
    Port: 8080
    Username: your10digitnumber@mycricket.com
    Password: cricket
    mmc: 310
    mnc: 00

MMSC:

MMS protocol: wap 2.0

This is how i got everything working, Im still having issues with 1x not working all the time when i first flashed the phone is was working here and there, i will be working on it until i find a resolution to this annoying problem, i have read around seems the radio sticks so im gonna try updating the radio to see if it may fix it..

EDITED: Dont forget to pull the Lte 4g card out when your finished and make sure you menu, settings, wireless networks and make sure your network is enabled..

Edited: I have successfully ran the phone with the sim inserted or not, it really doesn't make a difference that i noticed after successfully provisioning the phone, the only thing you need the sim card for is to edit the apns manually on the phone as a user. And that the LTE card is needed so you can use 3g for data and 1x for talk n text.. surf and talk ..

Last edited by sinewaves; 01-27-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information