Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%

oh, i didnt take any offense... its just the only tutorial I could find... if theres a link to another, ill take my troubles there and try not to a noob so obviously lol...

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

this is the best tutorial i could find that says how to fully flash this phone.....and as they said before don't f*** with the MEID or you are probably going to brick the phone

Im not offended, no worries... hate to be a pain though, is there an easier tutorial? this is the only one i could find... Im trying to flash my verizon tbolt over and use my buddies old number... Ive rooted and flashed roms, so I thought i could tackle this with just a LITTLE resistance, lol... guess I was wrong... I dont have the $50 to get it flashed, im broke as a joke, lost everything recently... Just lookin for a cheap fix, Im not afraid to work for it...

*edit* just saw your post about this being only tutorial...
    Last edited by hammerdroid; 02-29-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Phone
    Droid RAZR

well first of all are your drivers installed correctly?

should be... how should I check?

Phone
    Droid RAZR

start->right click my computer-> properties-> hardware and the go to ports you should see an HTC diag and a 9k port

Quote Originally Posted by natan12 View Post
    start->right click my computer-> properties-> hardware and the go to ports you should see an HTC diag and a 9k port
    nope... but I just uninstalled drivers so htc sync wouldnt be an issue... Ive got drivers needed for root via adb... just cant remember how to install them... Do you know whaere I can find these drivers w/ 9k?

Phone
    Droid RAZR

search on google, remember goolge is your friend even bing......you can find them for sure on xda-developers I would share but i dont have my flashing computer at hand sorry

im fried. i cant try anymore tonight... thanks everyone, see yall tomorrow lol

Full flash in AWS market

Ok first of all Oriax123 is a genius. Thanks for the tutorial. I have amazing 3G data speed, talk, text, and can send and receive MMS on my Thunderbolt in Oklahoma City, which is a tri-band market. I also have voice and data simultaneously on Cricket with my SIM card. So I'd have to say this is a full flash! Right now I'm running Verizon stock 2.2.1 ROM until I can figure out how to access the 9k modem without using ##3424# since Gscript won't give access. If there is a workaround I haven't seen it yet. Maybe flashing a custom ROM minus the CDMA radio?

I'm new to this forum, but have been flashing Android since the HTC XV6900. This is by far the best phone flash, and the best tutorial yet. Thanks again to Oriax123 and the rest who contributed. I'll add my two cents if/when I can be of any help.

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by 1anitarussell1 View Post
    Ok first of all Oriax123 is a genius. Thanks for the tutorial. I have amazing 3G data speed, talk, text, and can send and receive MMS on my Thunderbolt in Oklahoma City, which is a tri-band market. I also have voice and data simultaneously on Cricket with my SIM card. So I'd have to say this is a full flash! Right now I'm running Verizon stock 2.2.1 ROM until I can figure out how to access the 9k modem without using ##3424# since Gscript won't give access. If there is a workaround I haven't seen it yet. Maybe flashing a custom ROM minus the CDMA radio?

I'm new to this forum, but have been flashing Android since the HTC XV6900. This is by far the best phone flash, and the best tutorial yet. Thanks again to Oriax123 and the rest who contributed. I'll add my two cents if/when I can be of any help.
    HTC xv6900...GREAT PHONE! I started my flashing back when the xv6700 Apache was the big dog. I bought a thunderbolt and just put my xv6800 to rest (another GREAT phone by HTC.)

Okay, sounds like you've got it all up and running. I could use some help here. I've got talk and text but no internet, or mms. I have cdmaws2.7, dfs, qpst 2.7. Running build # 2.11.605.0. android version 2.3.4, htc sense version 2.1.

Your post says you've can't access 9k modem... It's mentioned many times here. You seem to have everything up and running. Does that mean you don't need to access the 9k? Thanks.

I do have access to the 9k using the stock 2.2.1 ROM. I haven't been able to find a custom ROM that will allow me to enter diag mode using ##3424#. As mentioned in the post, Gscript only gives access to the diag port, not the modem port. In order to get data and mms working you have to flash your prl to both NAMs on the modem port. If you can't use ##3424# to enter diag mode on your current ROM, flash a stock ROM and follow the tutorial step by step. Once you get the 1x signal, do *#*#4636#*#* to access phone information and switch the radio setting to CDMA auto(prl). You should see 3G within a minute.

Phone
    Droid RAZR

do you have all the drivers intstalled?

r-uim

do I have to have cdma workshop to access r-uim? cant find it in dfs...

every cdma tool or workshop program i download gets quarintined as a trojan... normal?
    Last edited by hammerdroid; 03-02-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Phone
    Droid RAZR

yea its because of the activator, careful isome of them will infect your computer. best way to go

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information