Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kane View Post
    load then write the NV_Thunderbolt_Verizon.txt it will unlock the nv folder so you can write to the 9k modem

I didnt quite get that last point. Where can I get that Verizon.txt file and where should I upload it? Where is it located? I assume its a hidden file that was not accessible before the root. Right?

More info: I tried changing 0855 value using DFS. I wrote it to the phone but after reboot it reverts back to zero and QPST isn't able to write to port 9k. I also tried downloading NV_Thunderbolt_Verizon.txt off the web and then uploading it to the phone using DFS with the same results. It reverts back to zero after reboot. How can I change that 0855 value to 1 permanently???

Last edited by pashlit; 09-06-2012 at 01:30 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

ok dont touch that file all you have to do is get this file
    https://rapidshare.com/#!download|13...izon.txt|0|0|0

then import it in dfs write select that file and hit write selected item that will fix ur problem it should reboot ur phone and show 3g if not u didnt follow the steps if u have anymore questions let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kane View Post
    ok dont touch that file all you have to do is get this file
    https://rapidshare.com/#!download|13...izon.txt|0|0|0

then import it in dfs write select that file and hit write selected item that will fix ur problem it should reboot ur phone and show 3g if not u didnt follow the steps if u have anymore questions let me know
    Well, I flashed my T-Bolt long time ago and MMS, calls and the rest work just fine. 1x data works just fine. The phone passes root check, so no problems there also. The only issue I have right now is 3g. Your file looks like the one I used I think. I am quite confused why the phone reverts NV item 0855 to 0 after reboot.
    I will try again I get home and post here with the results.

hey guys,
    just wondering if anyone can help me....
    i have my thunderbolt, install roms all the time...bought the TB with intentions of flashing it to cricket at some point..
    been reading up on all this have used cdma ws,dfs, ...etc!!
    called CS and they did take my mied number,had to tell them i was in lawrence PA, i figured out that after my first call they said i wasnt in right zone where phone was first activated...? i figured out the home roam thing...dont know but whatever...
    so i did everything in the video,and some more from other threads,so got my phome # from cricket,new PRL shows in phone as does my new cricket number,when i dial 611 i get a guy telling me im not autherized to call...when i call *2 i get a woman saying welcom to sprint now,so i know im close!!so now i keep trying to do the *228 thing,but cant..and when i do i get "this sim is not regognized" error
    i have been using a TMOBILE sim card along with my original lte sim card.
    i have flashed several prl's
    i have added latest APN settings
    I WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY IF I COULD JUST GET TALK TEXT TO WORK...lol
    im using cdma ws 2.7 so the cdma 2 thing is messing me up
    i read somewhere about flashing different settings from different programs ,so i did do that,
    flashed back to a clean 2.3.4 to run in diag
    prl 42900 im in hartford ct,cant find one yet....
    just rebooted phone with lte sim and
    now my phone nuber is gone.......
    any help would be great!!,i have been here for a min,helped get flash working on the score..,and i do hackintosh's
    so would be more than happy to help you too!! one hand washes the other!!
    thanks,and i hope i can count on my brothers/sisters!!!
    Last edited by kashmere01; 10-21-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Overall activity: 15.0%

Quote Originally Posted by kashmere01 View Post
    hey guys,
    just wondering if anyone can help me....
    i have my thunderbolt, install roms all the time...bought the TB with intentions of flashing it to cricket at some point..
    been reading up on all this have used cdma ws,dfs, ...etc!!
    called CS and they did take my mied number,had to tell them i was in lawrence PA, i figured out that after my first call they said i wasnt in right zone where phone was first activated...? i figured out the home roam thing...dont know but whatever...
    so i did everything in the video,and some more from other threads,so got my phome # from cricket,new PRL shows in phone as does my new cricket number,when i dial 611 i get a guy telling me im not autherized to call...when i call *2 i get a woman saying welcom to sprint now,so i know im close!!so now i keep trying to do the *228 thing,but cant..and when i do i get "this sim is not regognized" error
    i have been using a TMOBILE sim card along with my original lte sim card.
    i have flashed several prl's
    i have added latest APN settings
    I WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY IF I COULD JUST GET TALK TEXT TO WORK...lol
    im using cdma ws 2.7 so the cdma 2 thing is messing me up
    i read somewhere about flashing different settings from different programs ,so i did do that,
    flashed back to a clean 2.3.4 to run in diag
    prl 42900 im in hartford ct,cant find one yet....
    just rebooted phone with lte sim and
    now my phone nuber is gone.......
    any help would be great!!,i have been here for a min,helped get flash working on the score..,and i do hackintosh's
    so would be more than happy to help you too!! one hand washes the other!!
    thanks,and i hope i can count on my brothers/sisters!!!
    Pm me I can help u get it fully flashed, with my solution you can voice n surf same time..

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

does sim card have to be lte?or can i use a regular verizon sim?

No need for any SIM if its programmed correctly. Unlock uim flash both radios..

Overall activity: 2.0%

flashing TB

Hi, Im new to this please bare with me.

I flashed my TB a few days ago and I was able to get incoming calls and text messages working when the 4g SIM is in the phone, however my incoming calls dont work? When the SIM is out, the 1x works but my calls dont work.

I have read this whole forum and I dont understand what I need to do. I used the basic flash and then the full, by oriax 123. Also I am a pageplus user, but i figured that the steps should be similar, if not identical except for the values that you change.

I do have QPST and CDMA WS.

If someone could break it down for me, so I can at least get my incoming calls working I would greatly appreciate it. And plan to make tutorials on how to do this for Users once i understand this.

Thanks.

I can fully flash the TB without even needing a SIM card in. this is a solution for pageplus, and that may also work with cricket. I have talk, text, mms, and 3g speeds. Will not take the credit for it, but its definitely a good solution and will leave many of you pleased. Contact me if you would like your phone flashed. Unfortunately it took alot of development for this solution and there is a fee for my flashing service. and trust me theres not alot of people that can do this. PM me if youd like to know more.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Quote Originally Posted by jpsphaxer93 View Post
    I can fully flash the TB without even needing a SIM card in. this is a solution for pageplus, and that may also work with cricket. I have talk, text, mms, and 3g speeds. Will not take the credit for it, but its definitely a good solution and will leave many of you pleased. Contact me if you would like your phone flashed. Unfortunately it took alot of development for this solution and there is a fee for my flashing service. and trust me theres not alot of people that can do this. PM me if youd like to know more.
    Isnt there a sales section and doesnt cricketusers do flashing for the site members. Wrong location and stepping on toes this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    Isnt there a sales section and doesnt cricketusers do flashing for the site members. Wrong location and stepping on toes this is.
    unless a moderator tells me I cant publish my advertisement Ill keep it up here. I dont see anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinewaves View Post
    No need for any SIM if its programmed correctly. Unlock uim flash both radios..
    I have read all twenty pages and I'm missing something still. I'm trying to flash to Page Plus. I'm getting 1x data only. I've tried the txt file in DFS to write 1 to NV item 0855. I've tried several radios. I've tried QPST, CDMA WS, and DFS. I'm not able to unlock the NVM folder for the 9k modem no matter what.

I have noticed that my pESN for the 9k modem is 0's. CDMA WS isn't letting me write the ESN back. MEID is the same on the SURF modem.

I think a lot of issues could have been avoided if the OP could have put their android version, radio, etc on the first post to make sure we're all starting from the same page. In a thread that spans over a year and several android upgrades, this is bound to cause issues.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. If not, then can anyone who has gotten this working please post what version of android and what radio you're using?

Fixed 0855 value change on reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by pashlit View Post
    I didnt quite get that last point. Where can I get that Verizon.txt file and where should I upload it? Where is it located? I assume its a hidden file that was not accessible before the root. Right?

More info: I tried changing 0855 value using DFS. I wrote it to the phone but after reboot it reverts back to zero and QPST isn't able to write to port 9k. I also tried downloading NV_Thunderbolt_Verizon.txt off the web and then uploading it to the phone using DFS with the same results. It reverts back to zero after reboot. How can I change that 0855 value to 1 permanently???

The fix is quite simple. Once you have used DFS to change the RUIM / NV value, reboot into recovery, re-flash and reboot. The 0855 setting must be stored in the system as well as the radio. When you reflash, it must read the radios and set the 0855 value. I don't know what it does internally but it works. I didn't bother trying to find the memory cell since there are buttons on the screen to change the ruim value. After this is done, you can pull the battery no problem.

Banned

Customer Since
    Spet 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by jpsphaxer93 View Post
    unless a moderator tells me I cant publish my advertisement Ill keep it up here. I dont see anything wrong with it.
    Actually your soliciting services to other people and it has been reported. This forum is to help each other not to make a quick buck.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwall816 View Post
    Actually your soliciting services to other people and it has been reported. This forum is to help each other not to make a quick buck.
    If anyone needs help with the tbolt i have a solution, it's not free but it's available for a small price and i am the original author.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information