Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 15.0%

[QUOTE=symbiance:31502]I tried Epst but it isn't able to be edited.I went to ##778 and clicked edit, typed msl, went to security and it shows it I can't edit it.
    In cdma workshop I have rium as NV only, I wrote NV items from whiterabbit, 7 wrote instead of 12?
    I went to qpst and changed there NV only. Nothing..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

What version of software 2.2.1 or 2.3.X? R u on the $45 plan or 6oz?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

Try using ##7764726# youll be able to edit the evdo settings (some at least) at the very bottom.

Phone
    Droid x

I'm on 55 a month plan,

In qpst I set m.IP and ppp how its supposed to be (how I did my Droid x).

I'm on 2.2.1 I don't want to flash a rom (infected rom eternity) until I get everything working.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sinewaves View Post
    REALLY IMPORTANT PUT THE BACK COVER ON THE PHONE AFTER YOU PULL THE BATTERY THE PLASTIC CASE HAS GROUNDING TABS FOR THE ANTENNA, IT WILL NOT HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH SIGNAL TO GET 3G ONLY 1X.

These are the settings that i used after i manually provisioned with qpst i found that qpst or nore cdma work shop wrote in some of the setttings it says it does but when i ##778# and look some of the settings dont stick.. Like REv A which is important for 3g (evdo ) so i edited it manually through the phones settings.

Try using the cricket 45513 prl, its what im using, I'm almost certain that if your experiencing 1x and you have tried everything, its either your battery cover is off, the tabs on the battery cover which are part of the antenna are bent down or broken, or the nam/mip/pppconfg settings aren't edited correctly.
    Thank you for that info I followed you advice to get 3g and no luck :\
    Here is what I did:
    Have all settings correct and wrote using qpst
    Have revA enabled and autoprl on
    Tried all the hybrid and regular prls including the one you mentioned (42513 is actually in the phone now)
    Made sure the tabs on the battery cover are in good condition and on cover on the phone

Here are some options I could try but I'm unsure:
    *Install a custom rom
    *Install a different radio (this one concerns me the most)

Also the phone tells me that there is no sim card and that I can only make emergency calls, although I can use everything on the phone but I was wondering if there is a way to disable that message for aesthetic purposes.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Using a custom Rom [most of them] well take off the message on the lock screen.

Make a shortcut using anycut "Phone Info"

Change preffered network type to
    Cdma (auto) press home then reboot

If you did the qpst correct on the phone and simcard(9k port) then data will show.
    Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G using Tapatalk
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Using a custom Rom [most of them] well take off the message on the lock screen.

Make a shortcut using anycut "Phone Info"

Change preffered network type to
    Cdma (auto) press home then reboot

If you did the qpst correct on the phone and simcard(9k port) then data will show.
    The data is showing but its only 1x but thank you for your fast response I will try anycut and report back!

Edit***
    Tried anycut and nothing but I noticed that after the first time I used qpst to get the 1x the 9k port stopped showing even though I have the sim inside. Is there a way i can make it show?
    Last edited by edderr; 11-20-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: update

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Has anyone tried anycut to get MMS working on this phone? Found a cheap one on craigslist and I wanna flash it for an xmas gift.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    Has anyone tried anycut to get MMS working on this phone? Found a cheap one on craigslist and I wanna flash it for an xmas gift.
    Havent got mms to work on gingerbread. But prolly can get it to work like in the Froyo full flash in the first post. Anycut only makes shortcuts.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

So is the issue that you can't modify APNs in Gingerbread? Strange that it would work in 2.2, but not 2.3. Haven't had an issue with that on other phones.

Another question: does this phone require the Verizon SIM card to be installed to be activated on CricKet? I know some of the "global" phones are weird like that.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    So is the issue that you can't modify APNs in Gingerbread? Strange that it would work in 2.2, but not 2.3. Haven't had an issue with that on other phones.

Another question: does this phone require the Verizon SIM card to be installed to be activated on CricKet? I know some of the "global" phones are weird like that.
    The apns can be altred either using apnbackup or anycut shortcut. Also could use Cricket Settings.apk , but its not that. Even if we changed the settings it wouldnt send or receive.

The sim card doesnt have to be in the phone in order it to work. Some roms will give you a lockscreen error but still work. Others wont show any problems

So what I am reading is that Verizon's HTC Thunderbolt is successfully flashed to Cricket with working web (3g), mms, text and talk? I am on metro pcs...wouldn't much of the process be the same for metro that you have posted here? Yet I keep getting from flash shops that a thunderbolt can't be flashed to another carrier because of Verizon's sim card. Thinking about switching to cricket with my tbolt.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It has been flashed before. Some people have problems adding the ESN onto their account. This problem is more recent (last 6 months or so).
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 1.0%

here are are the drivers for the high tech computer (HTC thunderbolt) in case someone is looking for it .the zip file has it for every windows platform possible .. i couldnt get sim 9K to come up before installing this.. another tip ##786# the meid dec always works for me to get a meid added to cricket network... i just list it under the ascend II ... this worked for the evo and the thunderbolt cause i noticed people asking about meid calculations .... im just having issues getting my data to work now.. long sleepless night..

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Htc Thunderbolt Full Flash

This is how i flashed my Thunderbolt 4G to Cricket.

Everything will work except receiving mms. if anyone finds it please post the fix!

-Lovehatehero123
    aka
    Oriax123 in other Forums

Quick Notes:

Cdma workshop 2.7 will work but if you have 3.5 or later is better.
    Qpst DOES work if you dont read from the phone. Just write.

PRL:*228 will not work for the Thunderbolt. (at least for me)

Codes i know:
    ##778# send
    ##PROGRAM# send
    ##DIAG# send for Diag mode i use "GScript" because it doesnt require you to reboot your phone everytime.
    ##3242#send

You can use the Cricket Data Flasher i uploaded in this forum
    , Also youll either need either Cricketsettings or Greenk45 for the proxy tunnel (market)

How To: Basic

Enable debugging mode and diagmode(##778#)

1.First connect the phone to cdma workshop but do not read.
    (i used gscript for diag mode, itll only show the cdma port)

2.Send Spc code to the Phone.

3.Go to the "Other" tab and navigate to "R-UIM" then click read.

4.Change it to "NV Only" and write to phone. It should say Successful

5.Now you can pick the Prl you want to use and write it.

Reboot.

How to: Full on Gingerbread

1.Now you all already know how to write everything else to the phone,

User:MDN@mycricket.com
    Pass:cricket
    MIP
    UM
    AN

and so on and so forth.

2.Do a ##778# send then to Modem settings.
    Go down to Modem Settings and pick Rev A
    Choose enable , hit the menu button and then Commit Modifications.
    and Reboot!

3.For MMS, go to the default messaging app and then into settings. Go to MMS then change the mmsc to

http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

Then go to Camera app and change the resolution to 640x480!

4.Open voice dialer to open "Proxy Settings"
    Proxy:wap.mycricket.com
    Port:8080

then click ok.

5.Last step (may not be required if you get 3G after restart)

Dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone info, then set preferred network type to CDMA auto (PRL)

Thanks if i helped.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

How to: Full on Froyo

Originally posted by sinewaves ^^

"This is how i successfully managed to get mms sending and receiving on stock 2.2.1.

1) you have to have the Verizon Lte card installed.
    2) go to apn back/restore ( android market)
    3) back up your stock APN
    4) mount your phone on to your cpu ( computer ), and go to the sd card and look for Apn back up and restore there you will find your factory Apn back up drag it to your desktop.
    5) Next take that Apn back up and right click and then edit ( notepad ) and copy and paste this >

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Remember when u install the apn back up in ( above, step 5 ) it may not load all this information just follow the steps below on how to manually set up the apn.

6) Unmount phone, go applications, to Apn backup/restore, delete apns, load your newly edited Apn.
    7) Now go to applications and open voice dialer, and speak into your phone and "Say" open apns.
    8) open apn settings and edit your configurations with these settings >

Name: Cricket
    APN: Internet
    Proxy: Wap.mycricket.com
    Port: 8080
    Username: your10digitnumber@mycricket.com
    Password: cricket
    mmc: 310
    mnc: 00

MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS protocol: wap 2.0

This is how i got everything working, Im still having issues with 1x not working all the time when i first flashed the phone is was working here and there, i will be working on it until i find a resolution to this annoying problem, i have read around seems the radio sticks so im gonna try updating the radio to see if it may fix it..

EDITED: Dont forget to pull the Lte 4g card out when your finished and make sure you menu, settings, wireless networks and make sure your network is enabled..
    "[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    here are are the drivers for the high tech computer (HTC thunderbolt) in case someone is looking for it .the zip file has it for every windows platform possible .. i couldnt get sim 9K to come up before installing this.. another tip ##786# the meid dec always works for me to get a meid added to cricket network... i just list it under the ascend II ... this worked for the evo and the thunderbolt cause i noticed people asking about meid calculations .... im just having issues getting my data to work now.. long sleepless night..

Built-in wired tethering drivers and how-to - xda-developers

Overall activity: 15.0%

I have gotten the mms to work 2.3 I used a custom rom ( one that has the cricket settings cooked into it), nothing different when Provisioning then each method explained on the first thread except i that I used a custom rom instead of a stock rom thats it. And then you still need to mess with the Apnz, and make sure that all your Profiles ( nam settings ) are correct.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Awesome ^^ which Rom would that be?

Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information