Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Quote Originally Posted by J305 View Post
    I got only text and talk i know i am missing the nv????? How do i do that ???? Thanks
    The nv items are written in when you provision with Qpst or Cdma ws 3.7. XX. What part of the flash you having troubles with? If you can be more specific on what your doing and where your having troubles so that we can narrow down the trouble shoot. thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Stuck on step 3...lol When i read the R-UIM nothing is populated but when i change to nv only and hit write it does indicate that it has change successfully... I write the prl after but its still on verizon when i hit 611...? Is something supposed to populate in the R-UIM when i read? Any advice will be appreciated thanks.

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Kane View Post
    Stuck on step 3...lol When i read the R-UIM nothing is populated but when i change to nv only and hit write it does indicate that it has change successfully... I write the prl after but its still on verizon when i hit 611...? Is something supposed to populate in the R-UIM when i read? Any advice will be appreciated thanks.
    It will say successful, its normal. Try using a different prl

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G using Tapatalk
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Has anyone gotten 3G to work without using the MEID for activation?

Quote Originally Posted by mpeg3s View Post
    Has anyone gotten 3G to work without using the MEID for activation?
    What exactly are you referring to? The MEID is absent on the second radio, it's the one that authenticates for 3G Data. The MEID is only presented to the tower by the first radio and it is required to place a call or receive sms, so you have to have it active on your account.

My problem is I can't get either 1x or 3G data to work with stock root ROM. I'm using the Radio A1x HEX for phone activation which works for calls talk and text. The TB seems not to attempt to authenticate data login. It's like the 1x and 3G data presently is not activated. Seeking a solution!

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by amft View Post
    What exactly are you referring to? The MEID is absent on the second radio, it's the one that authenticates for 3G Data. The MEID is only presented to the tower by the first radio and it is required to place a call or receive sms, so you have to have it active on your account.

Well it sounds to me like you don't have the correct user and password in the phone. It should catch 1X on the first radio when talk and text work. Getting 3G is just putting the user and password into the second radio, I would suggest double checking all the settings to make sure that you put the right information in. Another thing worth noting is that the Thunderbolt won't get 3G unless the back is on...as for the 1X it has to be a provisioning error.

Also if the wap code is missing from your account it would still get a 1X and 3G icon but wouldn't allow web browsing past the cricket page. This means it's going to be a setting in the phone that has been missed.

With active service no data connections icons here at any time, but on Verizon they both worked good.

How do I provision phone security login account settings when QPST will not stick the written changes? Do I have to buy CDMATools?

Quote Originally Posted by amft View Post
    Well it sounds to me like you don't have the correct user and password in the phone. It should catch 1X on the first radio when talk and text work. Getting 3G is just putting the user and password into the second radio, I would suggest double checking all the settings to make sure that you put the right information in. Another thing worth noting is that the Thunderbolt won't get 3G unless the back is on...as for the 1X it has to be a provisioning error.

Also if the wap code is missing from your account it would still get a 1X and 3G icon but wouldn't allow web browsing past the cricket page. This means it's going to be a setting in the phone that has been missed.
    Last edited by mpeg3s; 01-14-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpeg3s View Post
    With active service no data connections icons here at any time, but on Verizon they both worked good.

How do I provision phone security login account settings when QPST will not stick the written changes? Do I have to buy CDMATools?
    Did u set up the proxy ? I have flashed several tbz both froyo and ginger and have had 0 errors except one of the phones on ginger, i was getting 1x/3g in and out i changed the prl and manually edited the proxy thru voice dialer and it fixed it, also find out what data plan your on with cricket, the only cricket plan i use is the Cricket Zio plan, it is a different plan then the rest of the android plans if they tell you other wise hang up and try a different customer service rep, or go into your local cricket store.. Then if your still having issues start from scratch and don't miss any steps. What QPST you using. Your going to want the 366 build or CDMA WS 3.7. XX above..

I have QSPT 366 and it doesn't change the phone settings.

Quote Originally Posted by sinewaves View Post
    Did u set up the proxy ? I have flashed several tbz both froyo and ginger and have had 0 errors except one of the phones on ginger, i was getting 1x/3g in and out i changed the prl and manually edited the proxy thru voice dialer and it fixed it, also find out what data plan your on with cricket, the only cricket plan i use is the Cricket Zio plan, it is a different plan then the rest of the android plans if they tell you other wise hang up and try a different customer service rep, or go into your local cricket store.. Then if your still having issues start from scratch and don't miss any steps. What QPST you using. Your going to want the 366 build or CDMA WS 3.7. XX above..

ok, r u trying 2 write settings to the 9k modem? If so try and only write them with QPST "dont" read.. If you write the settings to the 1x/ evdo modem u should have 1x..

This method worked for me when i bought the phone it was stuck in roaming no evdo with the a exclamation point, this fixed the radios..In hex, the radios can be moved with in the memory and it frees up the bugs, i have read many threads where peps been having issues with Lte/Evdo modems.

This is just the radios !!

Mr2_PG051.img.zip
    HERE

!!

If you have either one of the following problems this worked for me.

1. Small triangle next to cell phone signal (roaming symbol)
    2. Use of telecommunications 3G card, the default data connection for the CDMA 1X

download win hex, pulled the link cracked version sorry ..

LTE Radio needs to be modified:
    In binary mode, open mdm9k.img
    Find 257f ffff 5a6f 257f , replaced 257f ffff 306f 257f (a total change and found time to remove space)
    Find 257f ffff 306f 257f , replaced 257f ffff 5a6f 257f (a total change)
    Mdm9k.img modified version, re-compressed PG05IMG.zip

Go to File, open your .IMG file, View make sure you check the " in Hex view only" then go to search and " find Hex Values " type in the following 306F257F leave everything un-checked in this window. Press ok, it will populate the data and then put you on the spot. Next type in the the second address. example what it will look like below. Be sure that you have all the characters visible before editing so you know your in the correct place.

hope this helps someone.

original author : Haichen Electronic
    as the easy s shot and how to with hex. i did that, just a lil flavor for the less experienced.

Last edited by sinewaves; 01-14-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Yes,

Neither modems will write with QPST after read.

If you suggest write only, I require a backup so I can return as all settings may be lost.

ok, r u trying 2 write settings to the 9k modem? If so try and only write them with QPST "dont" read.. If you write the settings to the 1x/ evdo modem u should have 1x..

This method worked for me when i bought the phone it was stuck in roaming no evdo with the a exclamation point, this fixed the radios..In hex, the radios can be moved with in the memory and it frees up the bugs, i have read many threads where peps been having issues with Lte/Evdo modems.

This is just the radios !!

Mr2_PG051.img.zip
    HERE

!!

If you have either one of the following problems this worked for me.

1. Small triangle next to cell phone signal (roaming symbol)
    2. Use of telecommunications 3G card, the default data connection for the CDMA 1X

download win hex, pulled the link cracked version sorry ..

LTE Radio needs to be modified:
    In binary mode, open mdm9k.img
    Find 257f ffff 5a6f 257f , replaced 257f ffff 306f 257f (a total change and found time to remove space)
    Find 257f ffff 306f 257f , replaced 257f ffff 5a6f 257f (a total change)
    Mdm9k.img modified version, re-compressed PG05IMG.zip

Go to File, open your .IMG file, View make sure you check the " in Hex view only" then go to search and " find Hex Values " type in the following 306F257F leave everything un-checked in this window. Press ok, it will populate the data and then put you on the spot. Next type in the the second address. example what it will look like below. Be sure that you have all the characters visible before editing so you know your in the correct place.

hope this helps someone.

humm, Do you have a different computer you can try to write the settings so at least you can rule out bad comp ?? or have you determined that scenario's already?
    Last edited by sinewaves; 01-14-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Same PC used to provision EVO 4G without problems. Note, this phone is stock and not unlocked or rooted.

Rom used is GB 2.34

humm, Do you have a different computer you can try to write the settings so at least you can rule out bad comp ?? or have you determined that scenario's already?
    Last edited by mpeg3s; 01-14-2012 at 11:00 PM.

So i started messing around with this t-bolt i got a cpl days ago, its got a clean esn so i didnt wanna mess with it but this thread got me inspired so i thought i would get hands on while i got a phone. So I rooted, su, and i can write to the regular modem using cdma ws 3.7 XX and Qpst with no problems. I managed to get 1x & 3G after provisioning the 1x/evdo modem, LOL but when i write to 9k modem same deal it will not stick but the 9k modem is for LTE only and will have no effect to the evdo modem..

Edited: So after messing around with the 2.3.5 only issues is MMs receiving..
    Last edited by sinewaves; 01-14-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information