Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

So how do I write provision to the 3G modem with QPST?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sinewaves View Post
    So i started messing around with this t-bolt i got a cpl days ago, its got a clean esn so i didnt wanna mess with it but this thread got me inspired so i thought i would get hands on while i got a phone. So I rooted, su, and i can write to the regular modem using cdma ws 3.7 XX and Qpst with no problems. I managed to get 1x & 3G after provisioning the 1x/evdo modem, LOL but when i write to 9k modem same deal it will not stick but the 9k modem is for LTE only and will have no effect to the evdo modem..

Edited: So after messing around with the 2.3.5 only issues is MMs receiving..
    Last edited by mpeg3s; 01-14-2012 at 11:25 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Have you rooted/recovery yet ?

No,

What should I flash it to after?

Have you rooted/recovery yet ?
    Last edited by mpeg3s; 01-15-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Overall activity: 15.0%

well after you root and recovery it will not affect the os in any way, you can stay stock or switch to a custom rom.

I think I get it. Right now the stock modem is only 4G and you can't write. You must change the 4G modem to 3G default for the NVRAM changes.

Which modem do I need to provision with QPST for 3G?
    Last edited by mpeg3s; 01-15-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Overall activity: 7.0%

i followed the instructions but it still dont work. When i dont have the LTE card in the phone, it shows 1x and the web works, but the voice and text dont work. But when i have the LTE card in there, the voice and text works but no data. anyone know why?

i also was not able to make a connection to the 9k port via QPST or CDMAWS to change any of the settings. it does not pick up a connection.

Add a com port that is compatible with your PC then dial ##diag then select modem and your app.

Quote Originally Posted by truwrxtacy View Post
    i followed the instructions but it still dont work. When i dont have the LTE card in the phone, it shows 1x and the web works, but the voice and text dont work. But when i have the LTE card in there, the voice and text works but no data. anyone know why?

i also was not able to make a connection to the 9k port via QPST or CDMAWS to change any of the settings. it does not pick up a connection.

Phone
    samsung epic 4g

hey no one is making any sense on how to flash this phone at all im confused so i need a lil help please

I'm on stock android 2.3.4, no root, and have talk, text, and fully working mms but only 1x. I have entered all the settings correctly (I think) same as when flashing apache, titan, vogue, tp2, and incredible. But with the TB it has "HDR AN AUTH User ID (LONG)" but NOT the "HDR AN AUTH Password (LONG)". Whats up with that? Did I do something wrong and leave something out? I dont understand why it doesnt have a spot to enter a PW, PPP user and PW is there... I'm kinda stumped here.

Love the forum btw, I been lurking at HoFo, PPCGeeks, and XDA for years working on my PPC WinMo addiction. Seems like Windows is left the dust...

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Phone
    samsung epic 4g

hey everyone it seems that every htc phone on this forum is turning out to be a bull**** lie. Obviously no one here can flash this thunderbolt, hero, or whatever. and when someone does figure something out they want to sell the ****ing ****. this forum isnt worth two ****s and a flying **** if people want to keep selling this ****.

Still trying to figure the TB out. Until I provision write to the modem I can't help.

There are a few things I'm going to try, but I don't have the time and can't start Cricket until next month.

Quote Originally Posted by brian638039 View Post
    hey everyone it seems that every htc phone on this forum is turning out to be a bull**** lie. Obviously no one here can flash this thunderbolt, hero, or whatever. and when someone does figure something out they want to sell the ****ing ****. this forum isnt worth two ****s and a flying **** if people want to keep selling this ****.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

READ EVERY STEP DO NOT DEVIATE FROM EITHER ONE OF THE GUIDES.

I Have noticed in the later post a lot of people Not reading or following the very simple guides here. If you cant load the prl and get talk n text with the guides above then you need to go back and read the basics of flashing then come back here and attempt this. These solutions cannot be explained any better, this is an advanced flash so we expect nothing less.
    thanks..

This is how i successfully managed to get mms sending and receiving on stock 2.2.1.

1) you have to have the Verizon Lte card installed to set up Apns.
    2) go to apn back/restore ( android market)
    3) back up your stock APN
    4) mount your phone to your computer, go to the sd card and look for Apn back up and restore, there you will find your factory Apn back up drag it to your desktop.
    5) Next take that Apn back up and right click and then edit (notepad) and copy and paste this >

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns count="1">
    <apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Remember when u install the apn back up in (step 5) it may not load all this information just follow the steps below on how to manually set up the apn.

6) Unmount phone, go applications, to Apn backup/restore, delete apns, load your newly edited Apn.
    7) Now go to applications and open voice dialer, and instruct your phone to open apns.
    8) open apn settings and edit your configurations with these settings >

Name: Cricket
    APN: Internet
    Proxy: Wap.mycricket.com
    Port: 8080
    Username: your10digitnumber@mycricket.com
    Password: cricket
    mmc: 310
    mnc: 00

MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS protocol: wap 2.0

This is how i got everything working, Im still having issues with 1x not working all the time when i first flashed the phone is was working here and there, i will be working on it until i find a resolution to this annoying problem, i have read around seems the radio sticks so im gonna try updating the radio to see if it may fix it..

EDITED: Dont forget to pull the Lte 4g card out when your finished and make sure you menu, settings, wireless networks and make sure your network is enabled..

Edited: I have successfully ran the phone with the sim inserted or not, it really doesn't make a difference that i noticed after successfully provisioning the phone, the only thing you need the sim card for is to edit the apns manually on the phone as a user.
    Don't have time to read entire thread, so I dunno if this has been brought up yet, but if you delete the current APNs before restoring the edited APNs won't that eliminate the need to set the edited APN as the default?

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brian638039 View Post
    I think you should give up messing with phones if that's your attitude..

so no solution yet,?

Phone
    samsung epic 4g

HTC thunderbolt

Hey everyone I finally got the HTC thunderbolt fully flashed on my own mms is recieving and sending with gingerbread on stock mms app

Update:

Lastly, not only I can't write provisioning to modem settings, but I can't read present HAA/AAA passwords either.

Quote Originally Posted by J305 View Post
    so no solution yet,?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information