Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    samsung epic 4g

HTC

And last but not least the mms recieving
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cap201201252305.jpg  

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    samsung epic 4g

htc

Now if anyone wants some more screenies let me know ok and yes you have to have the sim in to make calls. You CANNOT make calls without it

Overall activity: 15.0%

Mms

That's lovely that those setting work for you but IM sure there are a fair share of people that this won't work and will be forced the manually program for mms.

Hey sinewaves, what program did you provision your TB with. Brian here says it has to be DFS with a donor license, others say workshop 3.7, I dont know what to think. My TB is on 1x, I dl the newest demo workshop, and it says evdo is registered version only. GRRR I'm about to put this thing on Ebay I think, since there is no TB flashed to cricket there now, and just buy and Evo 3D

Mms

All Im saying is i have a fully functional SMS/mms apk available for the not so techy...

my MMS works great, but 1x sucks!!! just configure your apn and thats it. every how to adroid guide can tell you how to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimemcc:45296
    Hey sinewaves, what program did you provision your TB with. Brian here says it has to be DFS with a donor license, others say workshop 3.7, I dont know what to think. My TB is on 1x, I dl the newest demo workshop, and it says evdo is registered version only. GRRR I'm about to put this thing on Ebay I think, since there is no TB flashed to cricket there now, and just buy and Evo 3D
    I use qpst 366, cdma ws 2.7, cdma 3.7 above they all seem to do the job I mainly do remote flashing so I use ws 2.7 and qpst 366, it's really important which plan your phone is on as well, I can check for u 2Maro if you pm me your MDN, you should use the zio android plan, I have DFS, with all the bells in whistles IM sure it will work, you want a copy to try it?

Phone
    samsung epic 4g

htc

Hey sinewaves I absolutely apologize and your right. There is a lot of people that is having problems with flashing the thunderbolt I'm here if anyone else has any problems as well as sinewaves everyone

Im on the $45 plan and have zero issues on my Incredible. Thanks PM sent

@bigtimemmc
    The most important thing is getting the nai settings to stick on the 9k modem... i did manage to clear out the imei to all zeroz but i left it this way for testing and it its had no affect on my 3g what so ever, so im assuming that the problem its getting the nai'z to stick to the 9k modem once this is established then your phone will utilize the data packets effectively and the 3g will jump.. As i show in diagrams below you can clearly see that i have the 9k modem zeroed and its not effecting my 3g at all. So the conclusion i came up with is the 9k modem is doing nothing but transfering data packets, once the phones been provisioned correctly (QPST) for me or cdma ws 3.7 or above, also if you dont have a 4g data plan on your account then it will use the default setttings which is 3g.. all the 1x evdo modem is used for is talk n text.... And the most important thing is to enable RevA in the ##778# settings this is what will get the data packets moving slow, but moving the 3g inevitably, and pulling the phone off the account and back on this is what OTA is ... were just doing it manually until myself or another can design an app that will hand free or *228. peace. My thoughts are designing an app like sprints hands free activation along with a the epst app that will allow us to RTN ##786# on verizon phones, its in testing stages, i have tested it on eclipse emulator and it works its now building a rom with the apps all cooked in. could be a lil bit before its done..

Last edited by sinewaves; 01-26-2012 at 02:48 PM.

The other thing that needs to be clear is if your on the $45 cricket plan then your configurations will be a bit different which is stated on the first page of the thread from the original authors (oriax123) write up. Also where he made a really lovely tool for setting up your phone to these liking's..
    If your on a android plan then follow in behind and will try and help resolve your issues.. below is the 2.11.605.5 update radio load it thru hboot. power off device then hold down the vol and press power button.. load in fast-boot .. do this after you provision I did this and after Swaping out the esn three times before i started getting these speeds..
    I have successfully flashed the thunderbolt to cricket, metropcs, pageplus, ntelos ( not offically but same as all the rest mvno), now attempting boost mobile with the info based here.

2.3.4 UPDATE: PG05IMG mecha 2.11.605.5

PG05IMG.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

PAGEPLUS

Last edited by sinewaves; 01-27-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Im already on 2.11.605.5. I had to downgrade to that to get s-off and root. Is there any need in me flashing this radio?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimemcc View Post
    Im already on 2.11.605.5. I had to downgrade to that to get s-off and root. Is there any need in me flashing this radio?
    yA, If your having issues with data or calling/texting. I had a TB have hang ups with roaming and this fixed it as well. Your flashing to the radio/modem to gain control of the data, 99.9 of the time its gonna be your on the wrong Android plan, or your on the $45 plan and you don't have the phone provisioning right or the Data is hung up and you need to either find a prl that will *228 or *22804 or esn swap it..

what sucks with cricket unless you know someone with cID or access to cID then $15 is way to much if you cant find a prl that will *228 cuz doing the esn swap is the only way to refresh the account, i know cuz i use to work at cricket, Im finding all MVNO services have to OTA most of the phone are older so this system works. with Lte you cant do this feature because they run the account thru Lte.. So the only way is to add the esn on the account play with it then swap it until the data works correctly.. If your phone is having troubles connecting to 1x or 3g im almost certain that its not the provisioning if your positive your programming is right then 9 out of 10 its the data packets needing to be pushed because there is no way to OTA with Lte, u have to manually get your phones data refreshed by working with it...
    Last edited by sinewaves; 01-26-2012 at 05:59 PM.

the new radio didnt get 3g. I thing the problem is I cannot access the NVM folder on the 9k because it is locked. I used the opensesame trick on the other modem to open it but it doesnt work on the 9k. I have access to change everything on the first modem, but the 9k wont let me change much. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimemcc View Post
    the new radio didnt get 3g. I thing the problem is I cannot access the NVM folder on the 9k because it is locked. I used the opensesame trick on the other modem to open it but it doesnt work on the 9k. I have access to change everything on the first modem, but the 9k wont let me change much. Any ideas?
    yeah that modem is locked up all you can do is root and write to the modem using cdma ws 3.7 or above.. and cdma ws is HWID so theres no way of sharing. Im willing to bet that DFS will work.. just need the bolt files, let me see if i can find someone with the files.
    Last edited by sinewaves; 01-26-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information