Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

HTC Thunderbolt 3G FULL FLASH INSTRUCTIONS FREE

To whoever was selling this, SHAME ON YOU! I work in the cell phone/tech industry too (
    http://www.benjamincomputerrepair.com

) but if someone is competent enough to do it on their own, why not let them instead of being a jerk?
    note to admins: THIS IS NOT INSTRUCTIONS ON MEID CLONING, They are using noones meid except their own so this is not considered cloning by any means!!!!!

nn708w.jpg
    First of all, be sure to write value "01" to NV ITEM 0855 (I used DFS CDMATOOL) on both modems to enable QPST.)

Follow the directions in this post to change your MEID to the 9900 MEID that appears on your 9k modem (in nv_only mode, NOT the A100 meid in ruim mode). I used DFS's write button (after zeroing out and rebooting) instead of the "requestnvitemwrite meid 0x00#####" method. This post describes the A0XXXX MEID for some reason, but I used my 9900 meid.
    POST#29426 in the Full Flash thunderbolt thread
    How to Full Flash Htc Thunderbolt (Almost)!!!!!

You can skip the QXDM part and just use DFS to write 0 as your meid first, then write 9900 MEID (from your 9k modem) to the phone's normal diag port.
    Quote Originally Posted by amft
    If you connect to the 9K diag port in CDMA WS 3.5+ and read you should get an actual MEID, this can then be used as the MEID on the account.

I would suggest doing this before the Data settings above.

The problem comes in because the Thunderbolt has two radios (hence the two ports) and the 1X and/or Voice radio only has an IMEI.

If you use QPST EFS Explorer you can add a directory named 'opensesamedoor' and it will unlock the NVM folder, this allows you to copy NV item 0 and 1943 to your desktop (drag & drop) and then delete them from the phone.

Use a hex editor to edit the two files changing any numbers or letters to zeros. After editing the files you can right click in the folder and add them back from the computer.

After a manual reboot, open QXDM and type 'RequestNvItemRead Meid' if it shows zeros type 'RequestNvItemWrite Meid 0x009900xxxxxxxxxxxxx' <-your Meid.

Reboot manually and your Thunderbolt should have it's actual Meid under the About Phone menu.....

I'm not responsible for any damages to your device.

I haven't tried the conversion method but I'm sure it works too.
    Then dial *#*#4636#*#* and set your mode to CDMA/LTE EvDo auto (settings may vary for different roms/people), and under wireless and networks, your mode to CDMA Only and roaming to Automatic.

I'm using 45722.prl
    You must set your APN's correctly! And to remove Verizon's restrictions on your APNs, I deleted "mandatoryapnlist.txt" in the EFS, I also deleted the LTE folders in my EFS.

BE SURE TO WRITE ALL SETTINGS TO BOTH MODEMS, and put your 9k modem in HDR mode, and the normal modem in CDMA IS2000 mode.

(use

www.cdmatool.com

DFS CDMATOOL and QPST EFS Browser

www.mediafire.com/?lose5645k566wcv

From there you follow the any normal flashing tutorial, except for the changes I mentioned above.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU
    BRICK YOUR PHONE, OK?! FOR ALL I KNOW YOU MIGHT BRICK YOUR PHONE BUT YOU BETTER NOT BLAME ME.

edit: I know your MEID may have appeared the same/similar before, but for some reason doing this stops your 9k meid from switching.....

Heres a little treat, MR2.5 MDM9K Patched for 3g, I patched it myself with a hex editor, but credits go to either some chinese dude who posted this fix or the guy who posted this in the thunderbolt thread.

http://www.benjamincomputerrepair.co...9K PG05IMG.zip

For the modified modem, set 9k modem to HDR LTE mode.

If this guide helped you flash your HTC Thunderbolt with 3g, if you want to help me out you can click this link to donate to my business:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=2UYFHRQTANPEL

Last edited by bbacc021; 07-11-2012 at 06:01 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Hey i just tried to flash a thunderbolt to cicket. I managed to get it to register on their network but the cricket store will not take the esn/ meid. where should i find the correct one i need to use to activate it? Thanks

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Take the 9900 meid and plug it in at meidconverter.com u will get a 256 meid that's the meid you use. If the store won't take it my buddy who works for cricket can put it onto your account

Also the modem I posted should be used in hdr LTE mode. With rev a set to enabled in the ##778# menu
    Last edited by bbacc021; 02-27-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

I've discovered that if you go to the data tab on dfs for the 9k modem and click the revA button (should check some boxes on the right) it will force the modem to connect to evdo aka 3g.

Sent from my BAMF HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 15.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Solution

Wtf, who r u speaking for? Lmao, I wrote this solution months ago your just now posting sum high jacked thread. I have solutions for most of the LTE phones, there are a cpl like the stratosphere, and charge that have been a little more difficult to program, do to the tools used to program most of the phones are designed for a Qualcom chipset and these two phones and several others are telecom chip phones, which use different protocols , but i think i may have a way just not complete yet..
    Last edited by sinewaves; 05-20-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

I never claimed to come up with this........ I was just sharing information.

And hijacking a thread means posting off topic.... Flashing phones is easy bro, who are u trying to impress?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bbacc021; 03-04-2012 at 01:37 AM.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

My MEID for the DIAG port is 99xx (25xx) and the MDM9600 (9k) is A1xxx (27xx). I'd check with cricket it is accepting both MEIDs.. I've my line activated on the 99xx MEID. currently getting 1x only..

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

If you're getting a A1xxxx MEID for the 9k diag port, then you havent switched it to NV_ONLY mode.

derrickblogs

Well someone explain how to get my mms working.. please my Thunderbolt is flashed to Cricket Wireless and I am just having that one problem, just my mms not working.. I am trying to configure Gosms Pro settings..
    User Agent?
    User Profile URL?
    MMSC?
    MMS Proxy?
    MMS port 8080
    i am lost with this part..

CW shows NV only in R-UIM for both ports, if thats what you mean.

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by derrickblogs View Post
    Well someone explain how to get my mms working.. please my Thunderbolt is flashed to Cricket Wireless and I am just having that one problem, just my mms not working.. I am trying to configure Gosms Pro settings..
    User Agent?
    User Profile URL?
    MMSC?
    MMS Proxy?
    MMS port 8080
    i am lost with this part..
    http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...d-devices.html

Quote Originally Posted by bbacc021 View Post
    I never claimed to come up with this........ I was just sharing information.

And hijacking a thread means posting off topic.... Flashing phones is easy bro, who are u trying to impress?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    whatever, then don't post imature crap like "you should be ashamed" just post your own meaningful findings, its hard enough for people to navigate around the same info thats just re written, let the people that write up the solutions worry about it, cool? Just trying to keep the thread UN-cluttered

Wrecked Johnson

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

You are terrible, you have no ethics and no respect. It's one thing to release your solution, its another thing to run your mouth bashing people who put in time and effort to make this even available be it paid or free. People put time and effort into figuring this out and try to make a living hence the reason they offer a paid solution and this is what helps supplement their income. Good for you on figuring it out but shame on you for your tone. I wish you nothing but the worst.

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked Johnson View Post
    You are terrible, you have no ethics and no respect. It's one thing to release your solution, its another thing to run your mouth bashing people who put in time and effort to make this even available be it paid or free. People put time and effort into figuring this out and try to make a living hence the reason they offer a paid solution and this is what helps supplement their income. Good for you on figuring it out but shame on you for your tone. I wish you nothing but the worst.
    No ethics and respect? Would you like to explain how you came to this conclusion?
    I get business just because people respect that I am willing to share, and when they can't do it on their own I am the first person they call because they can see the way I operate.

I make my living doing stuff like this and have for over a year, so maybe you should just find a new idea you can charge for.

And I wish you nothing but the best my friend. May you and your family be blessed with happiness. Humanity would never get anywhere without sharing knowledge.

@Bbacc021, the reason flashing is so easy to you is because of sites like these handing you the information and so many otherz to name doing all the work, if you were Mr Flasher like u claim why are you out trolling around for mms solutions make one yourself.

That little 9k modem patch you made with hex, I got from a Chinese site, so stop acting all cool cuz you followed sum instructions people like you is why I
    don't share and start putting price tags on my shit

Btw, that patch doesnt matter I have flashed several other TBZ,Razrs,bionics,nexsus s2 ICS, and have a way faster solution now...good luck !

To bad you ruined the FREE for everyone else.
    Last edited by sinewaves; 05-20-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information