Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Receiving calls

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Evo 4G on Mik3D

Receiving calls

Ok here we go. Got a Thunderbolt and check it out. The only thing it won't do is get 3g to stay. It'll flash on for a second & then go away and 1x stays. I got data, mms, text incoming calls but the only thing it won't do is receive phones except once in. Blue moon and then it does it once and then it when called you get 1 ring and Voicemail.

Called support and since *228 doesn't work they suggested *720 and amazingly enough it changes the prl. It's not your standard programming like *228. 2 beeps and call ends but prl changed. Market works, mms, internet. Everything except incoming calls works.

ANY IDEAS ABOUT WHY A PHONE WON'T RECEIVE CALLS BUT CAN DO EVERYTHING ELSE?

Well I don't know what caused it or really how I did it but it seems that now the Thunderbolt is fine. Working completely. Everything works including 3g. I hooked it back up to the computer and went through the flash again using CDMAtool, Qpst, & QXDM. Never could unlock the NVM folder but just kept making sure all the settings were right. I think I might have missed writing the PRL to 1 of the NAMs on the phone and that is what caused it to not receive calls. Granted its only been about 24 hours since I did this but it is the longest it has received calls. It must have to do with the LTE card and the 2 radios. My guess it receives calls on 1 and makes calls on the other or switches somehow between them cause it worked sometimes before but so far so good.
    Last edited by n0b0di; 03-10-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Fixed?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Who flashed your phone?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Evo 4G on Mik3D

I did. I followed the tutorial on this site. Its not actually mine. I have an EVO but my friend showed up with the TB so I flashed it for him and thought all was good. Then a day later he wasn't getting calls just voicemails. So I hooked it up and thought I had it good last night but then again today same thing. Everything works except for incoming calls. How can outgoing & everything else work but incoming calls don't?

NOT SURE HOW BUT I JUST REDID IT AND IT WORKED. 3G MMS EVERYTHING INCLUDING INCOMING CALLS
    Last edited by n0b0di; 04-10-2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: FIXED

Overall activity: 2.0%

Im having the same problem! except i dont even get voicemails, or data. data only works for me when the verizon sim card is out, but at the same time when the card is out i cant make any calls.

I've been trying to find a solution to this for the last 3 days.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsphaxer93 View Post
    Im having the same problem! except i dont even get voicemails, or data. data only works for me when the verizon sim card is out, but at the same time when the card is out i cant make any calls.

I've been trying to find a solution to this for the last 3 days.
    Get a non 4g Sim card from verizon. One of those oldies that used to be black and red. Your problem will be solved.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

I will. Ill let you know if it works or not when I get it. and thank you for the suggestion.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Get a non 4g Sim card from verizon. One of those oldies that used to be black and red. Your problem will be solved.

is this the sim that you are referring to?

New Verizon Vodafone Global GSM 3G Sim Card by Devices Now | eBay

Im pretty new at this so, I apologize for my ignorance.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Yeah, that's the one
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

This actually worked I now have incoming calls, and texts thank you Dina. Now time to figure out how I can get MMS and at least 1x data speeds lol

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

This actually worked I now have incoming calls, and texts thank you Dina. Now time to figure out how I can get MMS and at least 1x data speeds lol
    I have no issues with getting 3g. I do use CDMA workshop though, and write all the settings to both NAMs.

I have no issues with getting 3g. I do use CDMA workshop though, and write all the settings to both NAMs.
    I have cdma ws. And I write everything to both nams but I haven't had any luck as far as mms or 3g. Could you tell me exactly what it is that you do to get everything working right.
    I tried doing that last night but every time I would do it something would go wrong and id lose my incoming calls and texts.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

I have cdma ws. And I write everything to both nams but I haven't had any luck as far as mms or 3g. Could you tell me exactly what it is that you do to get everything working right.
    I tried doing that last night but every time I would do it something would go wrong and id lose my incoming calls and texts.
    Nothing special to be honest. Just write everything: MDN, MIN and EVDO. Write to both nams, and to both Diag and Modem ports.

Nothing special to be honest. Just write everything: MDN, MIN and EVDO. Write to both nams, and to both Diag and Modem ports.
    To both diags and modem ports? You lost me there. Could you explain that to Me. I'm a noob lol

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

When you connect tbolt, it creates 2 ports. One is 9k, the other is diag.

When you connect tbolt, it creates 2 ports. One is 9k, the other is diag.
    Ohhhhk I understand. Don't you have to do something special to unlock the 9k so you can write on it?

And also for the evdo you use vzw for the pass right?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Ohhhhk I understand. Don't you have to do something special to unlock the 9k so you can write on it?

And also for the evdo you use vzw for the pass right?
    From my experience, if you boot into Modem and Diag, both ports should let you write.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information