Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Huawei Pillar Price Watch

Please feel free to reply to this thread with the latest offers for the Huawei Pillar.

Please post with the following format:

DATE: 11/14/11 (The date in which you saw the price.)

PRICE: $24.99 (The price of the price of the phone. Please include a screenshot if possible.)

Market: Atlantic City, NJ (The zip code or name of market in which you found the price.)

Details: Retail Price: $79.99 - $55 Instant Discount = $24.99.

Name:  pillarpw.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  34.2 KB

Huawei Pillar | Cricket Wireless

Please note offers may vary by market.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    eliment

According to the Cricket website they are $9.99 now with a new account but enter the promo code "newact189" at checkout and get an additional $5 off so they are only $4.99 with free activation.. I just ordered 2 to get my 2 brothers crickets accounts so I can flash their phones over so these are great backup phones.

DATE- 11/27/2011

PRICE- $9.99 ($4.99 with newact189 promo code at checkout)

MARKET- I used 21001 Zip Code but think its available at that price in all markets

DETAILS- Retail Price $79.99 - $70.00 Web Discount = $9.99 (or $4.99 with use of "newact189" promo code at checkout)

pillar.png
    Last edited by eliment; 12-06-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eliment View Post
    According to the Cricket website they are $9.99 now with a new account but enter the promo code "newact189" at checkout and get an additional $5 off so they are only $4.99 with free activation.. I just ordered 2 to get my 2 brothers crickets accounts so I can flash their phones over so these are great backup phones.

DATE- 11/27/2011

PRICE- $9.99 ($4.99 with newact189 promo code at checkout)

MARKET- I used 21001 Zip Code but think its available at that price in all markets

DETAILS- Retail Price $79.99 - $70.00 Web Discount = $9.99 (or $4.99 with use of "newact189" promo code at checkout)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pillar.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	1203
    That's a great deal for those opening a new account and looking for a basic phone.

It's too bad Cricket isn't like Virgin Mobile, where you can purchase the phone without a month of service. Otherwise I'd probably get one.

eliment

Yeah for people without Cricket accounts and wanting to use flashed phones on Cricket buying this to start your account is the way to go.. Thats how I set up my 2 brothers. I got these phones first, setup their accounts then flashed them a htc hero and evo. I just had to use the pillars to activate the accounts so I might toss one on ebay for like $25 and make a couple dollars on it..and save one for a backup if any of them or me need it. Basically my 2 brothers only had to pay the first month bill on cricket and no activation fee and no account setup and if the one phone sells on ebay we actually made some money so this was a great deal.
    Last edited by eliment; 12-09-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Huawei Pillar for cheap?

Anyone selling a Huawei Pillar cheap? I destroyed mine within a few weeks of having the phone and won't pay another $50 for the phone, particularly after the price shot down soon after I purchased it. It's simply not a good enough phone to be paying another $50 for it, especially since I'll mainly be using it to text message. There's an older model Cricket phone I may end up purchasing at my local Dollar General store for $10 but I'd much prefer the Pillar if I can get it for that price. I'm looking for work and want to have my 10-year-old mobile phone number going; I know at least one of my friends called that number today and I don't want to miss any calls from potential employers. I can't even afford the $25/mo payGo account yet but if I get a cheap phone it'll give me some incentive to sell some items on eBay in order to get my account re-started.

Apologies if I'm coming across as a whiner (or a wiener) but I'm one of those perpetually unemployed, disabled and barely able to afford to get by. If I had a little bit of money (rather than an overdrawn bank account) I might be the perfect consumer of Cricket's services. I might have to skip the texting and simply go for one of the even less-expensive services out there. Before my bank account overdrew I'd acquired a Skype phone number so that I may receive voicemails from potential employers, and that's even cheaper than Cricket (if you calculate the cost of 300 minutes per Skype call versus Cricket's payGo). But it's really not ideal: I need a number to be able to be reached at while I'm out pounding the pavement.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Anyone selling a Huawei Pillar cheap? I destroyed mine within a few weeks of having the phone and won't pay another $50 for the phone, particularly after the price shot down soon after I purchased it. It's simply not a good enough phone to be paying another $50 for it, especially since I'll mainly be using it to text message. There's an older model Cricket phone I may end up purchasing at my local Dollar General store for $10 but I'd much prefer the Pillar if I can get it for that price. I'm looking for work and want to have my 10-year-old mobile phone number going; I know at least one of my friends called that number today and I don't want to miss any calls from potential employers. I can't even afford the $25/mo payGo account yet but if I get a cheap phone it'll give me some incentive to sell some items on eBay in order to get my account re-started.

Apologies if I'm coming across as a whiner (or a wiener) but I'm one of those perpetually unemployed, disabled and barely able to afford to get by. If I had a little bit of money (rather than an overdrawn bank account) I might be the perfect consumer of Cricket's services. I might have to skip the texting and simply go for one of the even less-expensive services out there. Before my bank account overdrew I'd acquired a Skype phone number so that I may receive voicemails from potential employers, and that's even cheaper than Cricket (if you calculate the cost of 300 minutes per Skype call versus Cricket's payGo). But it's really not ideal: I need a number to be able to be reached at while I'm out pounding the pavement.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
    Have you tried looking on Craigslist in your area? The phone is $29.99 in my area on Cricket's website, but if you don't have it, you don't have it.. You might need to go with the Dollar General phone. If you need a phone, that's a phone. You might not be happy with it, but at least you'll have one.

Have you looked in to those services that the government supports, such as Assurance Wireless? You might be eligible for that.

Thread Information