Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

4 out of 5 members liked this post.

Full Flash Verizon Motorola RAZR to Cricket Wireless (talk, text, MMS, and Internet)

At the moment this is a placeholder for notes. The tutorial might have to be finished by someone who has more time than me to work on this device. Mine is on Verizon now. I will probably poke at it a little bit more when I get home and back to a normal schedule, but throughout December, it's going to be hectic for me. I'm going to try and add pictures so someone will have some knowledge going into this where I had none. If someone can get a hold of a Bionic tutorial, this might be similar.

Currently talk and text works but 3g data drops out. It works when it's connected but wants to cycle off and on A LOT.

As a good rule of thumb, always try to backup your settings before modifying them.

DIAG MODE

http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...-mode-how.html

NOTES (semi based off Thunderbolt tutorial)

CDMA WS 3.5 or later will give you more options and another method of writing data profiles to the device.

QPST does work HOWEVER you cannot read and then write the original settings to the phone (after modification of course). You have to start fresh and write ONLY.

CDMA AUTO (PRL) MODE (info from RLockwich)

Go into *#*#4636#*#* - Went into phone information (Set to CDMA Only PRL, DNS check allowed, Query CFU enabled).

QPST

Add the port for the device if required under QPST configuration. It's going to be the DIAG port. Just check device manager to see what port that is.

Use the Service Programming application under the QPST folder to access the phone. Connect to it but don't read.

Now follow this tutorial to write the proper information:

http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...s-cricket.html

Write to the phone. Reboot it once all the writing is done and catch the boot to put it back in DIAG mode. If you don't it's no big deal, but you will have to power it down and get it back in DIAG mode before continuing.

CDMA WS

Open up CDMA WS and connect to the port with the RAZR. Go to the security tab and send the SPC 000000. Then go to the memory tab and send the DROID NV items which can be found at whiterabbit.org. It should write the NV items and fix the data.

UPDATE: The following might be required

Go to the "Other" tab and navigate to "R-UIM" then click read.

Change it to "NV Only" and write to phone. It should say Successful

Close out CDMA WS and reboot the phone.

Phone Settings (info from RLockwich)

Go into the ##PROGRAM select option 14 for LTE I turned off LTE bppanic, LTE Movement detection, and disabled Class 1,2,2 APNS

Additional Instructions (info from RLockwich)

Just went through all the settings again, I hope everyone can have as much luck as I just did. I was thinking, and I remember seeing the end of the thunderbolt tutorial says the last step is to remove the 4G LTE microSIM. I had tried that before early on when I first flashed it, but when I removed the card, it showed No Sim, no network connection and a SIM symbol with a exclamation point. I just tried it again a hour ago...Pulled the SIM, showed no network and then I rebooted the phone... FIVE times on and off all with immediate and STABLE 3G at 10 minutes a time between rebooting. FIXED. Done messing with it.

UPDATE 12/19 - After this last post it's been 4 days since we cracked the 3G cycling issue, and my phone is working excellent! I'm very glad I was able to be a part of this and get credit work any work I put into this.

Dina's Notes:

Got everything working THANKS to Chris and RLokwich! Oh, and for those of you that are not yet successful with this flash, just re-read the entire thread. Everything you need is HERE!

It was not all smooth in the beginning.
    Insights:
    1) No need for BP tools. If your phone is on the homescreen, just connect it to the cable, choose PC mode and set up the port in HW.
    2) Mine took like 5 master resets before 3g showed up. So in case you are pulling your hair as to why 3g not showing up, master reset the phone. Turn on wifi. Bypass activation screen (backwards C method works if you keep trying for like 2 minutes), go through the set up pages and 3g will be there.
    Everything is stable so far. 3g working like a charm.

Discovered a secret!
    If you do not get 3g up, make sure to Enable at least one APNs in the LTE settings (##PROGRAM menu)

Now time for some icecream

MMS (needs to be tested)

The only thing I've realized now that is wrong, is no MMS. I have MMS through the tutorial on bypassing the apn through GoSMS, but I would very much like to not have it to be that way. I thought early on in this flash that I did have MMS, I think I was just being a smart ass so I changed some settings in ##PROGRAM for the SMS/MMS part that I copied from the Thunderbolt tutorial. I don't know if I messed something up. I was also thinking I've seen people having two Cricket apns? One for internet and one for MMS, does anyone know if that may fix it? I was thinking it may be that, but in my apn for cricket already, I edited it and filled in all the MMS settings for that APN. Maybe that's something I did wrong, I don't know.

If anyone does have working MMS on their flashed Razr, please post anything that might help us. Please post all your settings in SMS/MMS in ##PROGRAM and into your APN edit settings for Cricket APN you have for MMS (if you have anything filled out in the MMS blanks)

##Program
    Enter SPC "000000"
    SMS/MMS Settings

MML Server Name
    mdn@pix.vtext.com > wap.mycricket.com

Address for Upload to Online Album
    438749 > 111111

Maximum MMS message size (Byte)
    1228800 > 228800

SMS to Email Gateway
    Anyone? Currently set at 6245

Try adding an APN for Cricket's settings or modifying the existing APNs to reflect Cricket's MMS settings.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 01-18-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

*** MOTOROLA Droid RAZR*** Need Help Flashing to CRICKET !!!

Just got a Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR and Need to get it fully flashed to cricket.

If there is anyone local in San Diego California or if anyone can help from the online community, it would be truly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Luis

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Admin, I believe I posted in the wrong section. Sorry.

Please move to the appropriate forum section.

Thank you

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

We are working on flashing this device ourself. This is why we haven't gotten back with you on the matter.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Any progress flashing the RAZR??

how do you activate this phone with cricket... are they taking these esn's yet
    because i am getting 19 numbers of the meid and customer service told me it is only 18 numbers
    then someone with a cricket dealer added this esn and i am not getting any service
    i checked the esn like 3 times and it was correct and all i got was a busy tone.

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

I am trying so hard to flash this phone. I can't get it to connect to CDMA or through QPST Config...cdma keeps telling me the port is busy and qpst tells me there was a error enabling COM The port may not be working properly or may be buys. Somebody please help me!!!

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

When I go to write to phone it shows up with a error I've never seen on any phone i've ever flashed. not the NV error but one that says "The phone returned a failure status during the read or write operation."

Please help! Until I get this flashed I am without a phone
    Last edited by RLockwich; 12-11-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

I finally got it flashed. It was already set to my phone which was strange. The phone isn't capable of doing *228, i don't understand how it was already activated for my account, i did the esn swap at work yesterday in anticipation that i would have it flashed today. lol oh well, and your right it cycles 3G on and off every other minute.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

What I think I actually had to do in able to write the software, I took a piece of the thunderbolt's tutorial and where in CDMA

3.Go to the "Other" tab and navigate to "R-UIM" then click read.

4.Change it to "NV Only" and write to phone. It should say Successful

After I did this step I was able to write to the phone. Strange I know.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Okay well at least someone has gotten to where I have.

It's still cycling. More testing people! :-)

I hope we get a full working tutorial together. Good job so far.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

I'm thinking it might be something inside the phone's ##PROGRAM menu? Very strange indeed, I thought I read somewhere I can't find it, but somebody said it cycles the 3G because it want's to reject the APN?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Maybe this phone behaves differently than others. I work on a few different phones and after a while everything becomes a blur. I think this was the phone that wouldn't connect at all when I deleted all the APNs.

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

This is going to be tough. I don't understand why the thunderbolt doesn't have a problem and this does. Something is definitely up this phone. Guess we'll keep working at it, you have experience, I've only flashed 6 phones so far so I'm new at this. My brain was burning out even flashing this phone with your tutorial, I don't know if it was really that easy for you, but It seemed like I added a couple things to the way I flashed mine. Are you using the Razr as your personal phone?

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

OKay maybe i did something different or this is how yours is....my 3G has been on for 20 min now.......

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

The RAZR is now on Verizon and has great LTE :-).

I will add your notes to the main tutorial which is just a set of notes really at this point. I tried a million different things just to get it that far so I couldn't tell what exactly worked and what didn't. I know I played around with the other tab too. In fact I probably did exactly what you did. Overall I played with the device for a good day. I didn't even know how to get it into DIAG mode in the very beginning.

OH and MMS doesn't even work on Verizon despite the fact that I've completely reset the device and put it back to what I think is stock. I can't wait for an SBF.

I had some luck with 3G on a few occasions. Make a phone call and see if it can regain a STABLE 3G connection.

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Okay I will try that. I actually loaded a friend's facebook profile with 3,00 friends and just kept scrolling through, now I'm watching a youtube video that's 15 min long and there's no problem 10 min into it. I don't know if it's something with the data consitantly being retrieved so it won't shut off or what...I had 2 calls in between this and it went straight back to a 3G symbol locked into google sunc (blue 3g symbol) and hasn't gone off since. I messed with the settings in ##PROGRAM for the LTE so i don't know if that made a difference. Maybe I did it!!! (lol 5 min later posts back like MUTHER ****ER!)

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

When you go into the ##PROGRAM select option 14 for LTE I turned off LTE bppanic, LTE Movement detection, and disabled Class 1,2,2 APNS

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I had played with the LTE settings also for a big. I don't think I hit disable APNs BUT I had put it in CDMA mode only.

I'll post this up top. Please continue to let us know the status. Thanks.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information