Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since

So, I was able to bypass the initial factory restored set-up with the four corner trick--the hack only works during the first step (language selection screen). But, due to my LTE sim card being inactivate, I can't access the mobile network settings. I've searched everywhere for a solution, but this doesn't seem to be a "hot topic" in any ICS/flashing forums. Since I was able to access the phone's settings and whatnot, I tried repeated times to follow this tutorial (to the "T") with no success. When I go to QPST the port my phone is located in reads "Busy" (along with some other fancy mumbo jumbo). A Verizon rep. told me to flash back to GB, but she is a moron, considering I can't! I think I am screwed and phoneless until someone who is tech-savvy encounters this problem as well. Any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated and I will even go as far as groveling--if someone can help me!!
    Last edited by LyzieAnn; 10-27-2012 at 02:57 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

Just ask a friend or someone at Verizon to give or let you buy a micro sim the sim i think is needed i still have my sim and I'm on Cricket everything working I'm working on a way to use Cricket 4g my friends got access now I'm going off his work but he isn't in town so adding info from a non techy is not a way to get work done. But one you have that sim it should work. Bypass and all

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since

Several tutorials say you don't need the sim card and others say you do--and that a blank one is fine. I have a blank sim, and because it is void of any information (phone number, etc.) that is why I am having problems.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

I switched over from Verizon to Cricket i used my Sim with number on it to bypass all that hassle

Customer Since

Well the techs at Cricket threw mine away when I first flashed over. Actually they broke it in half. They said I didn't need it anymore. Little did they know..

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

Techs not knowing what they are doing the greatest "techs"

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 4

The SIM card is need not for cellular service. No info is actually written to the SIM card rather to phone. Just changing of the PRL and having a Cricket account is need only for Talk n Text. Internet and MMS are a different story.

I am trying to get the MMS working on official ICS on Droid Razr (non root). Talk, text and 3G all work perfect. I've been poking around in the apn's and changing all of the Verizon internet ones over to Cricket. These are the settings I'm at right now:

Name: Cricket
    APN: Internet
    Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
    Port:8080
    Username: "xxxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com" (I've tried this with and without quotes)
    Password: cricket
    Server: wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 004
    Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
    APN Type: default,mms
    APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    APN Roaming Protocol:IPv4
    APN Enable/Disable (is grayed out and set to) APN Disabled (wont let me select it)
    Bearer: eHRPD

I've tried the same settings on my girlfriends flashed Droid Bionic. No picture messaging at all. I also cannot reply or send group texts. Any help on this issue would be great.

Customer Since
    Jan 2013

I have a Verizon RAZR Maxx Jellybean flashed to cricket and rooted....mainly using the Evolution ROM, but have tried CM10, Eclipse and Revolution. All works great except pic messages....I can receive, but when I send it always just says "sending". I also have tried almost every messaging app out there. So is there a solution yet or should I just go pay double to Verizon??

raymondrbowman,
    I will fix your pix mail.
    Contact me via PM

Customer Since
    Jan 2013

***** "I will need two things.
    I need the MEID or IMEI found in Menu->Settings->About

I will also need your MDN

Once I have that I will set you up and you can download a Mms app that will work with this phone. All i ask in return is feedback in my thread. Where i'm handing out 10 free tests."*****

So I'm aware that my MDN is my phone number so if someone wants this info to help does it seem to good to be true???

It's used to validate who you are and if you are able to run the app or not.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

raymondrbowman,
    Please check your pm

I live in chicago, i installed 4200 but have no data. Sometimes it gets 1x but its rare.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    april 05

Droid razr mms

My brother flashed my verizon motorola droid razr with jelly bean to cricket for me, so far everything works great with the exception of receiving mms, the stock messaging app doesn't work at all to send or receive mms, I have to use gosms app, I can send them but when I receive one and click download it shows a message saying download was unsuccessful. I had fully working mms on my old flashed phone.
    Another thing is that I have to use a verizon sim card to get the 3g working, (bought from ebay for $6.49, verizon won't sell me one LOL) a minute after inserting the sim card, the 3g icon showed up blue and strong, it works amazingly fast, almost like using wireles internet. It's really stable but once in a while it goes away but if I go to a browser or anything requiring internet it comes back right away. 3g does not work without the verizon sim card, sometimes if I remove it I'm not able to do anything on the phone, no calls, texts, nothing till I put it back. That is weird, I know.
    Somehow when I switched my micro sd card to from the old phone (droid x) to the new razr it didn't recognize any of my apps stored in it, they were all gone!!! Music, pictures and everything else are still there but I had to download all the apps again, but I'm not concerned about that.
    He also flashed the same kind of phone to cricket for a friend, everything works on hers as well, the funny thing is that she can receive mms but she can't send them!!!, mine is the other way around. There is local people who flashes phones and they claim mms will fully work, but I don't wanna pay $50.00 when all I need is figure out how to make it receive mms.
    What I have modified on gosms mms settings is this, If I change even the size of the mms or uncheck a box it will not send the mms:

maximum size: 1 m

fill user agent manually: box is checked

user agent: motoa855

fill user profile Url manually: box is checked

user profile Url: /servlets/mms

fill APN configuration manually: box is checked

MMSC: http//mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms?x-cricket-mdn=XXX_XXX_XXXX (replacing X's for the phone number)

MMS PROXY: wap.mycricket.com

MMS PORT: 8080

I haven't looked at the APN settings, If anyone has any information about modifying the settings either on gosms or APN to have fully working mms please let me know. So far phone is working fine except downloading mms.
    I'll mess with the settings later and I'll post back if any success. Thanks to everyone in advance..

So I saw this issue addressed afew times but not a solution. I read the entire 26 page thread. I can't get QPST 2 write 2 the phone. I tried just writing with build 355 & writing & read writing with 366 I always get "The phone Returned a failure status during the read write operation" I'm guessing it may have something 2 do with the R-UIM unlock but I'm running CDWS 3.9 & I can't find the R-UIM NEwhere. It's a TX912 & I'm not even getting a partial flash on it...

NM I found the R-Uim & thats what it was... Finally got it on the network @least
    Last edited by Tannus; 04-06-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information