Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 4

I can send thru GO SMS Pro without the cricket APN in APNs. I can receive pictures on stock msg app and GO SMS Pro with having do anything period. I talked to someone in person the other day he was saying sometimes we all have correct settings when enter in the phone meaning when we add the APN. It just cricket end most of the time because of old phones or prior settings that havent been changed in the system. What he said made a little sense. But who knows??????

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Phone
    Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by einar_k88 View Post
    Dont break it. Hold on let me try and remeber this. One thing though... remember these settings and MMS were on a Bionic. They might be the same or not I trully dont know because I am not familiar with any of the Razr stuff/specs/etc.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Okay... I will try and explain everything and see if any of you can get this working. If you find something please share so all the other people can get different ideas/insight on what might or not work.
    I don't want people to get mad if something goes wrong because I was experimenting with it as well. It is your responsibility to go ahead and go for it but you also have the right to keep your arms crossed and live with the doubt.
    I do not intend in any way to damage or to give false information to anyone. I have found most of the help I need in places like this for free and I am really thankful. Sorry for any misspellings or mistakes in grammar but I do have homework and a work to go to in the morning.
    I will try also to remember every single detail. If I do forget something I will try and edit to eliminate a chance for error.
    First you will need a couple apps.
    I tried downloading Anycut from the Play Store and apparently it doesn't allow the download when you are on ICS. It gave me some kind of error. Google anycut apk and you should find it. Remember to allow 3rd party applications on your phone so that you can install it. The second app you need is called APN Backup and Restore. The third app will be GoSMSPro.

I used the paid version of Rom Toolbox so that I could make these apps system apps instead of user apps. Anycut will allow you create shortcuts to whatever you want in your phone including APN settings which are locked on ICS. Usually you can access them inputing ##PROGRAM but on my rom it never worked.

APN Backup and restore lets you do so jajaja. Back up and restore your APNs in case you need to go back or forward in time.

Before you tweak your APNs go ahead and make a back up of your stock APNs. You might have to create a folder on your sdcard (I didn't try on the sdcard-ext) and call it "ApnBackupRestore" without quotes.
    On my Bionic when I backed up my APNs the app said it backed up about 57 APNs I believe.
    Once you make a backup of your stock APNs (just in case something goes wrong) go to Anycut and select Make a Shortcut. Select Activity. Scroll down and you should see APNs. Select it and your phone should make a shortcut for APNs automatically.

Go to the new shortcut and it should take you to the APNs menu. There you should see all your Verizon stock APNs.
    This is the part where I really don't know if I left untouched at the beginning or if I deleted from ApnBackupRestore.
    Any way, if you hit your option menu on the capacitive buttons you should see New APN. Select it. You will be taken to a menu where you can input all kinds of values.
    These are the settings that worked for my phone! Note that some people say that you don't need some of these values if you are on the $55 plan. I am on the $55 plan and I filled every single line and it worked so I don't know.

Name: Cricket
    APN: internet
    Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
    Port: 8080
    Username: xxxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com (here you will replace the x's with your phone number)
    Password: cricket
    Server: wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 004
    Authentification Type: Pap or Chap (you will not enter value but rather select it on this option)
    APN type: default,mms (write this with no space)

Once you have these setting then hit your menu again and save them.
    I didn't have to restart the phone though.

I went to the GoSMSPro app... under settings go to Advanced. Select MMS Settings. Under Fill User Agent Manually highlight the option and enter XT875 (Bionic Model). Scroll down... highlight Fill User Profile URL Manually and enter "/servlets/mms" with no quotes. Then under Fill APN configuration manually highlight it and fill the spaces below. For MMSC type
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

Under MMS Proxy type wap.mycricket.com then finally under MMS Port type 8080.

After you do all this you should be able to send pictures. I tried sending pictures through GoSMS and stock app and it did work. I uninstalled GoSMS because I think it is annoying to get double notifications plus my Messaging App looks neat on my phone even though it is stock.
    Even after uninstalling this app the MMS still worked.
    Here is where I got in trouble. I restarted the phone without making a back up of my settings and after reboot I lost my MMS
    I could never test receiving pictures but it never did download them.
    After my loss I was able to send pictures through GoSMSPro again but not through the stock app.
    I hope I don't miss anything and I hope you guys can make use of this and make your phone work.

For now all I can do is just wait for the official ICS update for my phone and then I can try again.
    i gues mine wasnt meant to have mms,,, it didnt work for me

Overall activity: 6.0%

Quote Originally Posted by nudelovin22 View Post
    i gues mine wasnt meant to have mms,,, it didnt work for me
    I guess yours was meant to have MMS!!!

I managed to get my phone working with MMS. Wasn't much of a task just a lot of here-there testing and trying.
    All I did was download this app (not stock)
    www.tinyurl.com/fttblackapp

. (You do need to allow 3rd party app installation on your phone) Install and run. No need to reboot or change settings. Once your app starts working just freeze or uninstall stock app to avoid double notifications. This worked flawlessly for me and now I have a 100% working Bionic with Cricket.
    Only downside is that this app looks to be Gingerbread based and it doesn't look as cool as the stock ICS app but who cares!!
    Hope this solves your problems and finally resolves everyones' issues.

Overall activity: 99.5%
    Phone
    HTC EVO 4G LTE

So im trying to do my wifes Motorola Razr 4g LTE (XT912) and it doesnt show PC mode. I tried BP tools and it goes to port 45, too high for CDMA Tools. Any help? Thanks!

Banned

Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Go to device manger find your device click advance and change your port

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Aguilar View Post
    So im trying to do my wifes Motorola Razr 4g LTE (XT912) and it doesnt show PC mode. I tried BP tools and it goes to port 45, too high for CDMA Tools. Any help? Thanks!

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by nudelovin View Post

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Did that and all the ports are taken, up to 44! Unreal right?

Has anyone SUCCESFULLY Flashed this model?

Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Aguilar View Post
    Did that and all the ports are taken, up to 44! Unreal right?

Has anyone SUCCESFULLY Flashed this model?
    Change the port to 5 or 6 even though the port says is being used it will work

Customer Since
    Oct 2012
    Phone
    HTC One V

Thank you. It worked for flashing my Droid Bionic. The only thing I did differently is leaving the SIM card in. The Bionic won't allow you to modify anything without it installed. Wonderful tutorial as I am more of a visual learner. I will point all my friends to this post should they ever switch to cricket and want to flash their bionics.

Best,

YoYo

Overall activity: 5.0%

MMS can be done on GB with root using this TUT
    http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...ternet-18.html

Thats right, as of last night I sent and received my first MMS's on my droid razr maxx running ICS!

I did a lot of tweaks and got help from availla87..

After I figure out what I did and test it out , I will just like i did with mms on GB Do a nice little write up for everyone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Anyone ever figure out a way to get away from the Verizon Sim

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G LTE

I did the tutorial, but when I wrote with QPST, it came error: NV_PPP_PASSWORD_I NV_FAIL_S

WHERE AM i going wrong?

Did you read first or write? I tried both ways and mest with it till I got it to work..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hljerdee; 10-17-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Sound likes a problem in the ppp config tab. U can restart ur pc, reboot ur phone and retry ur phone. Different USB port and that all i can think of.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    HTC EVO 4G LTE

So I read the phone and it looks like everything was written, I will go to Cricket this weekend, and see if they can switch over, HOWEVER ...lol..
    when I press *228 it blinks and doesn't dial, nothing....so if I did tranfer dont they still need to press *228 to program the phone? Anyone? Thanks! Tut worked by the way.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information