Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

Re: Fully Flash Your Droid Razr To Cricket Wireless

Has anyone updated to jb? I have the update downloaded on my phone ready to install before it was pulled.. If i update will i lose flash? And if i use recovery menu to flash my friends RAZR will they lose flash?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Just enter bootloader mode and select bp tools. You get to bootloader by putting the phone off then hold vol up and vol down then press the power button until you see bootloader options. Choose bp tools.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

Bptools to update? Ive never used that..

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksolid View Post
    If i update will i lose flash? And if i use recovery menu to flash my friends RAZR will they lose flash?

Yes, you will lose your flash.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Bptools to update? Ive never used that..

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy93 View Post
    I do not have the option for pc mode, tried every thing I have read, booting phone in different modes none of it works. When I try to connect using the HW under lan it says error, and on the work shop it says no answer from phone.
    Some dude said he can't find pc tools and cannot get a COM port. I answered with the bp tools method.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

Oohok yeah. Has anyone tried upgrading to the ota jellybean?

Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Oohok yeah. Has anyone tried upgrading to the ota jellybean?

I'm 99% sure it could be flashed, but I don't want to try it right now. lol I just got MMS working and I really am not in the mood to fight MMS again right now.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

Yeah that's exactly the same dilemma I'm in took me says to get stock running mms Outgoing and auto pull mms

I updated to the JB OTA yesterday from my external sd card. I successfully flashed using the ics method. Make sure to reference the old guide for the workshop config and to apply the white rabbit text. I used version 2.7 of cdma ws. Also to retain root read the proper way to upgrade to the ota jb on droidrzr forums. Hope this helps. Data speeds seem quicker on the update and using the speed net app i got over 1700 kbps download. Everything works except not sure about mms. How did you get mms to work on ics?

Followed every instruction and it works perfect on my Droid Razr xt912! Talk,text,mms,3g all working flawless! Only thing i did different was use the bp tools method to get the phone in diag mode. And i did use a sim

P.S. IM STOCK NONROOTED RUNNING 2.3.6
    Last edited by cdmaexpert; 01-07-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdmaexpert View Post
    Followed every instruction and it works perfect on my Droid Razr xt912! Talk,text,mms,3g all working flawless! Only thing i did different was use the bp tools method to get the phone in diag mode. And i did use a sim

P.S. IM STOCK NONROOTED RUNNING 2.3.6
    please help me where can i get the cdma 2.7 is no longer on the official cdma workshop site

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Nice Job! It might get the sticky when Chris is back. He is the boss

This tutorial is different in some ways than the other one compiled. Hopefully it works for everybody else.
    website and i don't wanna get a virus for getting a pirate version please

can you help me find cdma workshop is no longer on the official

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

hey man where can i get cdma workshop 2.7 without gettig a virus can you help i can't seem to find the 2.7 on the official cdmaa workshop website no more

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ezeuba View Post
    Data working well now. It was a b*tch to get this to work. For everyone having this problem, it's caused by the phone not forwarding the correct ppp username during login authentication. In my case the phone was sending only my mdn as username login string. That was never going to work. Not until I downloaded this
    http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/d...dio_unlock.zip

, unzipped it and wrote the NV item in it using whichever version of CDMA Workshop you have. What this does is to blank and unlock the NV item controlling the M.IP section and thus allows one to write any value during programming with QPST and it will stick. Please Original Poster, take note and substitute this solution for the one where one generates the NV items to be written, because this solution is newer and works better. In any case, I still want to send my deepest appreciation to the Original Poster without whom I would never have made any headway. Thanks also to the guy who wrote and hosted these solutions on
    android - whiterabbit.org

Cheers all.
    excuse i know what you are talking about the .zip
    but.................. you said that would work with any cdma workshop cause the white rabbit site only has 2.7 and 3.5 options also how do i get cdma workshop everytime i get a downloaded demo it tellls me my trial has expired please answer and help me and should i buy the newer version of cdma 3.9 i think it is and would it work cause based on your comment you said it would work with any cdma workshop please help me i would appreciate this a lot thanks in advance and for the info on your post 17.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nudelovin View Post
    Thanks.. works awsome, web and all. except mms.. im on $45 plan under cpe smartphone.. i use greenk45 for web ..
    how do you get into the 45 dollar plan with greenk45?

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Profecias de Bolgrot View Post
    Any idea how to convert IMEI to MEID? I try
    Online MEID & ESN Converter - Converts to and from HEX/DEX and Caluclates MetroPCS SPC

but the meid it gives me does not work on CID (for the ESN Change)

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I took out the last number and its working

Data does not work without the SIM card and still showing the previous ower's number, MIN and PRL.. I dont really mind it does not bother me

I took me a while but now reviewing everything its quite easy
    so how do you use this again i have a htc evo 3d from sprint flashed to cricket now trying to flash verizon droid razr hd to cricket

Confirmed replacing HW virtual port steps with a boot into bp tools for a diag com port worked beautifully to work around no pcmode on razr maxx

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

However I didnt use the radio unlock stuff from whiterabbit just the plain script for 2.7 cdma ws. Phone works, 3g worked instantly solid with appropiate prl. Noticed the about phone is all kinds of wrong. Has old number etc. Must be pulling info from old sim.

Wink

i finally got the flash on my Droid razr hd from verizon with no sim card on it i got current ics 4.0.4 -----------

i'm not very skilled on this matters so it took a long time to figure this one out.
    i have no 3g yet but that's ok cause i got talk on it now i gotta figure out how to get the 3g i'll re-read the posts again something about using an update .zip from white rabbit into qpst while progamming the phone.

a couple details that i wanna mention is i work under a linux distro ubuntu 12.04^^^^^^ now this is the cool part, i installed the latest version of virtual box 4.2.6 for linux from the official oracle website downloaded the VirtualBox 4.2.6 Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack
    so the os installed on the virtual box is able to read usb devices otherwise without the extension pack it would not be able to read usb devices in this case i used windows 7.

so i installed windows 7 on it through virtual box now once fully installed i went in to the internet and look for all the files that i needed.
    long story short you can progam any phones that use cdma ws and qpst under virtual box.

one important thing is you have to go under devices on the little menu from virtual box and look for your phone name in my case droid razr hd click on it so your os
    [on this case windows 7] can mount it.

there were a couple things that you need and don't need from the tutorial. as from when the original tutorial was made there are a couple things that have changed in this case for instance the os from ginger bread {gb] to ics.

so let's begin i'm under ics this is what i did and what you need

1. QPST BUILD 355

2. CDMA WORKSHOP

3. CRICKET PRL FOR YOUR AREA

MOTOROLA

DEVICE MANAGER

under ics you don't need ''HW VIRTUAL SERIAL PORT''

why because all you gotta do is this get the motorola device manager from the official motorola site install it and then '''''this is the tricky part''''' i figure it out after hours of trys.

when you run the motorola device manager you gotta have your phone plugged to the computer so the motorola device manager can extract the necessary files from the phone itself '''''''otherwise it will not give you the so valuable and needed diag port that you are gonna need later'''''''
    so turn off the phone all the way then hold the 2 volume buttons together at the same time that you are also holding the power button then you get into a white menu, scroll down all the way with volume- and select bptools
    with volume+ button that's it you are into bp tools

run the motorola device manager and then windows will get all the drivers that it needs to recognize your device properly.

hit the windows key type device manager click on it once in that menu look for ports on that menu and look for motorola qc diag port plus it will tell the com port that it is on mine was on com port 5 that's it that's the com that you need to connect to cdma workshop.....-that's why on ics you don't need the hw virtual port because with the motorola device manager extracting the drivers from your phone [again phone needs to be plugged while motorola device manager is runnig for this to work] it creates the com that you need to connect to
    cdma workshop.
    most people on this tutorial including myself post that they cannot connect with hw virtual port you won't be able just do the above and then follow the rest of the instructions on the tutorial first post with cdma and so on till the end and you will get the phone working.
    one more thing when you do the esn swap you are gonna need to adjust certain things one get the imei or meid from the new phone that you are activating use esn meid converter google it and adjust it this is what i mean:
    my imei is 15 digits when you use the esn meid converter you need to remove the last digit in other words just use the first 14 numbers and don't use the last one otherwise you are gonna screw your results. that's all i can say and summarise to make this tutorial easy to follow on ics.

so if you have linux install vbox latest version from official oracle website install also vbox extension pack if under ubuntu 12.04 you gotta add yourself to vbox users in order to use usb devices google it how to do it, install windows and go ahead use the progams it does work under linux under vbox of course.

p.s. i repeated many times that the phone needs to be plug in while running motorola device manager because while i was running windows 7 on virtual box a lot of times i forgot to select my phone from the menu on virtual box usb devices ran the motorola device manager and i will not get the necessary drivers extracted from the phone, so that the phone will be able to connect to cdma and qpst.

Last edited by vicente1; 02-15-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2010

Curious, I do the steps above but when I go to do the final write to the phone with QPST I get an error of NW ITEM "NV_PPP_PASSWORD_I" and STATUS "NV_FAIL_S". Anyone seen this before? What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I have 3G bars and data but when placing a call I get an automated message asking me if I want to make a collect call, press 1. Text doesn't work.

well i can ask you a few thigs did you go to cdma ws and unlocked your device by sending the spc? on a verizon phone the spc is 000000.
    if the answer is no then do it first, but if you did it already my other question is this did you request the esn swap?
    do that convert the imei with imei to esn converter 'remenber you gotta take the last number off the imei before you convert to get the right esn'.

That's all i can think off also you are not reading from the phone from qpst and then trying to write right. cause on the tutorial it says not to read from the phone only to write to the phone.

i just mention the thing about the esn swap beacause until i didn' t do the swap i would hear the thing you mention about the test call or they would say something like your device is not activated.
    let me know what happens and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sc0rp View Post
    Curious, I do the steps above but when I go to do the final write to the phone with QPST I get an error of NW ITEM "NV_PPP_PASSWORD_I" and STATUS "NV_FAIL_S". Anyone seen this before? What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I have 3G bars and data but when placing a call I get an automated message asking me if I want to make a collect call, press 1. Text doesn't work.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information