Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2010

Ya, I did both of those steps. I even called Cricket to ask customer service about the ESN and MIN settings and they are correct. I've flashed this phone to use on a different Cricket number than what I'm trying now so I know it'll work. Just gotta figure out where the error is.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2010

I figured it out. I had to manually program the MIN number. QSPT didn't overwrite the value I placed in earlier.

Overall activity: 0%

I need to point this out. I have done this on...

2 Razr Maxx's Stock and Eclipse 1.5.1
    1 Bionic Stock and Eclipse 1.2

After flashing each phone 3g is on. Upon restart each phone Bionic and Razr Maxx's both start cycling 3g.

This has been a long testing period over a month now of re-flashes to verify results. Something in ICS or the equivalent of what we used to call tsp "flex's" is reverting to other internet settings or equipment captivation.

Does anyone know what is rewriting settings or redirecting upon reboot?

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ezeuba View Post
    Data working well now. It was a b*tch to get this to work. For everyone having this problem, it's caused by the phone not forwarding the correct ppp username during login authentication. In my case the phone was sending only my mdn as username login string. That was never going to work. Not until I downloaded this
    http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/d...dio_unlock.zip

, unzipped it and wrote the NV item in it using whichever version of CDMA Workshop you have. What this does is to blank and unlock the NV item controlling the M.IP section and thus allows one to write any value during programming with QPST and it will stick. Please Original Poster, take note and substitute this solution for the one where one generates the NV items to be written, because this solution is newer and works better. In any case, I still want to send my deepest appreciation to the Original Poster without whom I would never have made any headway. Thanks also to the guy who wrote and hosted these solutions on
    android - whiterabbit.org

Cheers all.
    This whole thread from Howards discusses in detail how this is very specific to a854 and a855. Did you do this on a razr or razr maxx?

The whiterabbit.org solution seems to work on many Motorola Droid phones. I've used it successfully on Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, Droid X, and the original Motorola Droid, all with good results. I guess the NV item overwritten is the same for all the devices I tried it on. Go ahead and try and see how it works for you.

I am ah.. bit of nazi when its comes to touching low level. As a dev myself ( I made it possible to run php on windows webservers) I will manually confirm the MIP Profile enabled NV Ram item is where it is stated on howards and checked it on the Razr Maxx. Google my uname Im a bit of an advanced coder =) I will post the results back and tell you what I find.

Checking NV item 8035 on droid razr maxx (rom ver doesnt matter were talking nv here right?)

Please Standby.
    Last edited by Rockdrala; 02-25-2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Im drunk

That would help a lot to really delve in and find out how this really works. There is some background info on the whiterabbit.org site about this hack. However, since it works for me so far I never bothered to know how or why it works on other Motorola Droid phones. I gave this info just today to a colleague who was trying to flash a Droid X. He got voice and text OK, but no data. Once he implemented this hack he got data. If you noticed, in the text file containing the nv items details, it's all zeroed out. This makes me believe strongly that the hack mainly is to wipe the nv item that holds the data parameters, in preparation to be overwritten with new data. I could be wrong, just my thinking.

bleh.jpg

The dump in NV item manager kept frying out HW virtual port so I had to use my RadioComm

blreh2.jpg

Seem 8035 is not present however there are other seems that maybe of interest to ppp configs.

NV_DATA_QNC_ENABLED_I seem # 240

NV_PRL_ENABLED_I seem # 256

NV_DS_MIP_ACTIVE_PROF_I seem # 464

NV_PPP_PASSWORD_I seem # 906

NV_PPP_USER_ID_I seem # 910

NV_HDR_AN_PPP_USER_ID_I seem # 919

and a whole bunch more than I have time to go through. This phone can work on nearly every band in the world. Too may seems to sort through. "Rubs burning eyes"
    Last edited by Rockdrala; 02-25-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Customer Since

Kyocera phone

Dina,
    i have a question please. i need your help on Kyocera.
    the kyocera web site only offers drivers for a 64 bit machine on my phone
    do you know how one can mod the 64 bit driver to work on 32 bit machine.
    thanks
    jc

Overall activity: 6.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksolid View Post
    Has anyone updated to jb? I have the update downloaded on my phone ready to install before it was pulled.. If i update will i lose flash? And if i use recovery menu to flash my friends RAZR will they lose flash?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry for the late response but updating to any version shouldn't affect your flash from my past experiences. If you are forced to use a file like FXZ or pretty much bring the phone back to factory settings with RSD or some other tool then the flash will be gone because the system has been restored not the data. Anyone correct me if I am wrong please.
    What I would do is install a rom if you are afraid to update that way you can always go back to your original settings in case of a malfunction.

I wish I knew what android.clients.google updates maybe its playing with nv items somehow. Everytime I do a flash the first thing the phone wants to do is upgrade this file. I need the internal workings of this update and see what it changes on the razr maxx.

Question will updates from android.clients.google will cause rewrites to build.prop and are we will looking at a build.prop vs nvram issue.
    Last edited by Rockdrala; 02-28-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: additional info

The voices in my head told me to...............................................

I got it to stop cycling.
    First thing First.

Factory wipe.
    Bypass activation (Sim in), Pain in the butt on Maxx but doable youtube it.
    Build.prop mods ( I didnt use the three 3g twaks)

Enable the ti enhancement mod posted earlier by avail87.
    add the other settings like cdma subscription=0 (added a line for it in the maxx build.prop)
    and the lte on cdma=0, ro.telephony.numeric
    reboot.
    Go to Mobile Networks on Phone, Make sure Global and NVRAM is selected

##Program selected
    3g sim
    TEST CDMA and EVDO
    *#*3646#*#*
    Select CDMA (Auto Prl)

HW Virtual serial port flash over 192.168.137.2:11008
    First thing First.

CDMA WS First

Select RUIM NV RAM only - Write
    Write Droid Radio Unlock (Did anyway even though Seem#8035 Didnt exist.) Wont hurt to write over open space.

Write the Standard NV from whiterabbit write. (12 items successfully written)

No need to reboot phone. Wait for it to come back online, then close CDMA Workshop. (Disconnect in Main Tab releasing port) Send Reset to phone when closing cdma ws, won't reboot anyway (from CDMA WS 2.7)

QPST Configuration, Grab the HW virtual serial port.

QPST

Write QPST configurations and upload decent prl as well to STANDARD NV ITEMS.

WRITE QPST Configurations duplicated like NVRAM Settings and upload decent prl to SIM 1 ITEMS

Duplicate your NVRAM settings from NV standard Items to SIM 1 using QPST.

Just like when you select STANDARD NV RAM ITEMS when you open up service programming, and put your settings in, select SIM 1 instead of STANDARD NV RAM Items when you open up Service programming. Write Same Values as before and upload the same .prl to your SIM 1.

NOTE: I PUT IN THE PERFECT NID/SID Values for my Market. THEY SAY ITS NOT NECASSERY BUT IT ONLY HELP IF ANYTHING. nid/sid 4857/63353 for Nashville market under system tab and I put 04857 in the Amps Tab. Both Nvram configuration and Sim 1.

Factory Wipe to Deactivate phone.

Do not bypass activation wizard it will say it activated your cricket number.
    Select English (Unless your a mexican) then click Next and BAM. Ubah Phone never have reboot issues with 3g cycling.

It pulls your cricket settings from the SIM you duplicated settings to in QPST and fixes the internal activation and phione setup registration in android.clients.google. and uses a decent faking prl file. It also fixed all the about phone info.

3g shows within 15 seconds of droid fully booting for now on. No cycling (as long as you dont try to use magic jack over three g)

Flawless 3g by duplicating QPST NVRAM Settings to QPST SIM 1. Just click the drop down arrow under STANDARD NVRAM ITEMS when you open

Im using the prl 45657 I think its a evo or a iphone 5 prl. Works Fine.

Its all about the SIM baby. Even though your running off Nvram, there is scripts that pull your sim info no matter what. Duplicate your NVRAM settings from NV standard Items to SIM 1 and go through the factory wipe and reset and click Next activate, restore apps, contacts. Ready to Rock Baby.

screenshot_2013-03-03-12-19-50.pngscreenshot_2013-03-03-12-19-57.pngscreenshot_2013-03-03-12-27-03.png
    Last edited by Rockdrala; 03-03-2013 at 01:04 PM.

I also been using safestrap because I switch from Stock to Eclipse 1.5.1

I also did factory wipe on Stock and confirm solid 3g after reactivating.

Cant BP Tools with safestrap so HW Virtual Serial Port is only approach.
    Last edited by Rockdrala; 03-03-2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Added Notes

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdrala View Post
    I also been using safestrap because I switch from Stock to Eclipse 1.5.1

I also did factory wipe on Stock and confirm solid 3g after reactivating.

Cant BP Tools with safestrap so HW Virtual Serial Port is only approach.
    U can always remove safestrap and reinstall it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 15.0%

This is a MMS 3 party app work around for those of you that don't have the experiences or just want a fast fix until you do get your Stock MMS working.. HERE . Post # 185

Customer Since
    bongyeu26

Quote Originally Posted by asuddendeath View Post
    I have a bionic that is fully flashed. What do I need to change to get 3g working on the 45 dollar plan?
    I cant figure it out. The greenk45 does not make it work too.
    thanks
    R?t dáng quan tâm, mình cung dang tìm hi?u cái n*y.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information