Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Flashing Help

Overall activity: 1.0%

Flashing Help

Following the tutorial thats the sticky up above. I;m at the qpst stage where I edit all the SPC stuff and when I go to write to phone it gives me a fail error on the computer. The phone doesnt do anything when I do this. Does the phone need to be rooted or something? I am pretty dead ended here, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I dont have a cricket phone number yet, do I need one? I''m planning on switching over in a couple days to cricket from straight talk, so I am just setting it up with my current straight talk MIN and MDN. Thanks a bunch

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Nv_spc_change nv_fail_s

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

you need to have a current account with cricket.

so first open it up.
    i don't remenber if you have to have a cricket cellphone and then just swap the esn's find that out first.

become a supporting menber here top of the page services and then this guys can help you out with switching the esn {electronic serial number} from the phones.

also you need to be more specific if you want any help, for instance
    provide details did you get the drivers for your os 64 or 32 bit
    what is your os ics or gb on the phone depending on that the instructions may vary a little
    also make sure you don't read from the phone at all.
    which tutorial are you following the one from cricketflash,chrisngod,there is another out there i don't remember the one i followed up was the one from cricketflash.

this would be a dumb question but you are trying to flash the droid razr from verizon to cricket right?
    a word of advice getting 3g to work on cricket is a pain in the ass
    question assuming if this is the razr from verizon that you are trying to flash to cricket how did you get it on straight talk? because as you may know straight talk uses gsm {sim cards} and cricket is cdma {no simcards} i ask for 2 reasons 1 if you are using gsm i think you gotta do something on configuration to make this phone work on gsm mode. the other question how did you managed to get the droid razr from verizon assuming that's the phone you are trying to flash to cricket to work under straight talk.

1 last question why are you switching from straight talk to cricket? cause i can't get data working 3g so that's way i'm considering alternmatives let me know what you think.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Well I have a seperate phone on straight talk. This RAZR used to be on Verizon. I took it up to the nearest cricket coorporate store, and they flashed it for $20. The phone is running ICS btw. Now the only trouble I am having is that it isnt picking up 3g, but I know there is 3G in my area. Should I give it a new prl or something, maybe a universal one?

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

But straight talk uses CDMA as Well as GSM phones. Ex the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim that I have with them that runs from Verizons towers

Thread Information