Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

Re: Full Flash to Cricket with ICS

I've heard there are issues with the jb update? Have you run into any issues on it? I'm running it on a Verizon RAZR and it bugs on data

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksolid View Post
    I've heard there are issues with the jb update? Have you run into any issues on it? I'm running it on a Verizon RAZR and it bugs on data

I don't have it yet, but went to update today and found it was taken down. After some research some people are stating it has less bugs than ICS (although I haven't really seen any bugs on ICS). Personally if Verizon "unintentionally" released it and then subsequently pulled it I wouldn't want to install it. Especially when XDA Developers is saying you can update, but can't go back to ICS.

I think only time will tell on this one. I did receive the notifcation Christmas Eve about the update, but choose not to install it. I think I will wait at this point and see what happens on Verizon's end.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksolid View Post
    @GSM
    I'm looking forward to seeing that guide and firefly i can upgrade to jellybean as my other RAZR is running it so smooth I wish my RAZR flashed to Cricket was running it as well. Thank you for putting your personal time into making a detailed guide.

I'm putting off the JB guide until VZW officially launches it. Seems the Christmas Eve thing was a mistake, guess someone at VZW decided to give Razr users a Christmas Present.

Either way, from what XDA says you can't flash back to ICS so if it "Fubars" I'm stuck and I just can't do that on my primary phone at the moment.

Overall activity: 0%

Could you let me know how you got mms working on ics? Also check out the dual kernel boot method on droidrzr.com. You can keep ics and tell any roms which kernel to use. I wish I knew about that before I took the jb plunge but I am having good luck with jb.

Overall activity: 13.0%

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

I will stick with ics for now till official release if you want to test jb flash i have a spare RAZR. Also since i set up my Voicemail on Cricket i lost ability to get Voicemail notifications in my staid bar you know any easy fixes for this?

Overall activity: 6.0%

People shouldn't be afraid of flashing newly released ROMs as long as they are backing up all their data. From what I have used my Bionic on JB 4.2.2 I think data is even more stable than on Official ICS and Gingerbread. Of course there are some minor bugs like stock camera app not working properly but that is the price you pay for running the newest version out there.

Phone
    Wireless Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by steewped View Post
    You don't have to use bp tools. Its sad that no one can think for themselves. You can do it right threw the networking port just like before. its not rocket science people. Done over 200 of them this was on ICS to date.
    What is actually sad, steewped, is that you are virtually illiterate. If you are calling someone out, make sure your stuff is correct.

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

Hi, I have a question...

(I have a Moto Droid X that I am flashing to Cricket & I have an AOKP ICS ROM installed on the phone...which doesn't let me access EPST or any ## Codes at all. The apks are installed in the system apps but are disabled. I have tried to change the permissions on the apks to enable them, but with no luck. I'm pretty experienced with working on Android phones & feel as though I have tried everything I can think of. I've done many searches online as well as searching many forums, & I am still not having any luck. I know I could just go back to a stock rom that allows EPST & ## Codes, but the thing is, is that I want to keep the ICS ROM)

... So my question is: How the heck to I enable EPST/## Codes on the ICS ROM?? If anyone can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by enchantresskye View Post
    Hi, I have a question...

(I have a Moto Droid X that I am flashing to Cricket & I have an AOKP ICS ROM installed on the phone...which doesn't let me access EPST or any ## Codes at all. The apks are installed in the system apps but are disabled. I have tried to change the permissions on the apks to enable them, but with no luck. I'm pretty experienced with working on Android phones & feel as though I have tried everything I can think of. I've done many searches online as well as searching many forums, & I am still not having any luck. I know I could just go back to a stock rom that allows EPST & ## Codes, but the thing is, is that I want to keep the ICS ROM)

... So my question is: How the heck to I enable EPST/## Codes on the ICS ROM?? If anyone can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it
    I read your whole post so don't think I am writing this just for the heck of it but... go back to stock a rom is just a rom and you can always back up, restore and update it. My other option for you is go to Jelly Bean. From personal experience Jelly Bean offers solid data and beautiful and buttery smooth experience.
    The rom will "skin" on your stock OS. I still use my stock rom since Jelly Bean on my phone still doesnt support HDMI out.
    It seems like the hardest way to go but actually it is the easiest. From all the roms Ive tried none offer the options you are looking for except Eclipse if I am not mistaken.
    I hope you fix your issue soon man
    Have a great day

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

Thanks for your quick response to my question, einar_k88, however the phone is not mine, it belongs so someone who is paying me to do this for them since they have no knowledge or experience working on Androids. And they specifically want to keep the ICS ROM I installed after rooting the phone for them, since they have grown to really like the new ROM as opposed to the stock. And, normally I would def. agree with what you said as far as a Rom being just a Rom...but like I said, they specifically requested that I keep the ICS Rom on the phone if possible. & once I do the flash, if I were to install a custom Rom after flashing, I will have to flash all over again & will still be in the same boat I am in now. But since I am very open to suggestions at this point, & now that you mention it, I have personally used JB Roms on my phone & I love JB as well. I did look for any avail for the Droid X but had no luck finding any. Do you happen to know any links to any JB roms? Thanks again, & you have an great day as well

Thanks for your quick response to my question, einar_k88, however the phone is not mine, it belongs so someone who is paying me to do this for them since they have no knowledge or experience working on Androids. And they specifically want to keep the ICS ROM I installed after rooting the phone for them, since they have grown to really like the new ROM as opposed to the stock. And, normally I would def. agree with what you said as far as a Rom being just a Rom...but like I said, they specifically requested that I keep the ICS Rom on the phone if possible. & once I do the flash, if I were to install a custom Rom after flashing, I will have to flash all over again & will still be in the same boat I am in now. But since I am very open to suggestions at this point, & now that you mention it, I have personally used JB Roms on my phone & I love JB as well. I did look for any avail for the Droid X but had no luck finding any. Do you happen to know any links to any JB roms? Thanks again, & you have an great day as well
    Yeah. Okay... back up current rom using Custom Recovery or any other tool you use. Go back to stock. Flash the phone just like you would do it before. Restore current rom and that should be it. As long as you dont do a factory reset on the rom you should be able to keep everything including personal data and sync information.
    If you are successful getting data on the current stock rom then the custom rom should work flawlessly.
    As a good service provider present your customer with the best alternatives to solve their problem. They are paying you so try and make their experience the best Savy?
    I can help you with more instructions if you so desire

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

I wish it were that easy, but it just doesnt work that way. I've never come across a rom that didn't require a data wipe/factory reset. Especially when making such a jump as going from 2.3.3 to 4.0.4. But thanks anyhow. And, I have tried to offer other suggestions to the person, however, some people when they make up their minds as to what they want, they don't wanna do anything other than just that. But, they are open to JB. See here's the thing: they have had a taste of all the cool new improvements in android, after always using stock, & now they are set on having any rom that is not froyo or gingerbread. I just need to find a way to enable EPST on the custom Rom or find a JB rom that has EPST enabled capabilities. But I do thank you for trying to help

I wish it were that easy, but it just doesnt work that way. I've never come across a rom that didn't require a data wipe/factory reset. Especially when making such a jump as going from 2.3.3 to 4.0.4. But thanks anyhow. And, I have tried to offer other suggestions to the person, however, some people when they make up their minds as to what they want, they don't wanna do anything other than just that. But, they are open to JB. See here's the thing: they have had a taste of all the cool new improvements in android, after always using stock, & now they are set on having any rom that is not froyo or gingerbread. I just need to find a way to enable EPST on the custom Rom or find a JB rom that has EPST enabled capabilities. But I do thank you for trying to help
    Well usually the data wipe is required from fresh rom but not for back ups and restores.From my personal experience I dont think you can enable those options. They way I enabled the phone on my computer was to BP Tools but still on a stock rom. Try giving that a shot and see where it takes you.
    Good luck with that man

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

Ok I will go ahead and give it a shot. Thanks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information