Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Customer Since
    may 1999
    Phone
    Droid Razr

[5-8-2013!!!!fully flash razr to cricket video step by step plus flashable mms fix!!!

(UPDATE 5-13-2013)

Hey so the cricket jig fix zip has been causing some SMS issues so I'm taking it down till I can figure out and try to fix the problem .

hey i know others have posted about this but i figured id make it a bit easier by making a video i encurage you to stop by my youtube and check it out currently its in three videos but i plan to make it into one whole, also i will post links to the cricket mms fix as well. if you watch the videos first and than fallow the steps it will make the flash super easy

youtube:
    random self-made videos - YouTube

now depending on if your running ICS or Jellybean you can flash in recovery and it will automatically install the right stuff however the messangers that are installed with it gives you two inbox messages at the same time.. i got around this my installing this mms app also in the list of attachments below and disabling the new one that came with the flashable zip. you can also just go in and remove it from the zip if you want just make sure you have more than one copy.

I did not make any of these files and assume no responsability for what you do to it much love respect and thanks to all the developers of programs

FILES U WILL NEED
    all files inclueded in the utility zip
    RAZR XT912 JellybeanAll.N.1 Utility V 1.2 - Download - 4shared

1. QPST BUILD 355

2. CDMA WORKSHOP

3. CRICKET PRL FOR YOUR AREA

4. MOTOROLA DEVICE MANAGER

5. HW VIRTUAL SERIAL PORT

OK LETS GET THIS GOING. JUST FOLLOW EACH STEP

PLEASE NOTE U CAN NOT HAVE THE SIM CARD IN THE PHONE WHEN DOING THIS. NO SIM CARD AT ALL U DO NOT NEED IT EVEN AFTER THE FLASH U DO NOT NEED IT

STEP 1. INSTALL HW VIRTUAL SERIAL PORT

STEP 2. INSTALL MOTOROLA DEVICE MANAGER

STEP 3. INSTALL QPST BUILD 355

STEP 4. FIND CDMA WORKSHOP 2.7 ON GOOGLE

STEP 5. ONCE U HAVE DONE ALL THESE STEPS ABOVE GO TO
    whiterabbit.org

CDMA WORKSHOP
    1. Power down your phone and remove your vrzn sim card.

2. press and hold the vol up/down and power button untill you inter bootloader menu.

3. scroll down to BPtools and press up to select. wait until phone reboots

4. now go to where you extracted the zip and find the QPST folder and open QPST configuration to find the port your phone is on press the add new port botton. now at the bottom left corner uncheck the box that say "show serial and usb.... now you should see a list of ports select one at a time and press ok untill you see the one that shows your device serial number. example "COM5" and for now disable it.

5. now exit QPST and open cdma workshop the yellow circle once opened in the main tab select your port than go to the bottom and press connect it should now say conncted to COM.

6. now go to the secrity tab and in the box labled "SPC" type 0 six times and than press SPC than send it should say its currect and phone unlocked.

7. now go to the tab called other and in the box labled "R-UIM" go to config and select NV only than press the WRITE button to write it to your phone it should say succes 3 times.

8. now in the same tab go to the box labled PRL and press write nevigate to where the prl is located in this cdma folder "works for me" or have one downloaded "link provided " and write ot to the phone.

9. now select the memory tab and find the NV items box and write to phone " link provided" it should comferm that 12 items are seccesful.

10. now back in the main tab select mode than reset however you will have to do it manually. power down and reboot back into bootloader and back to bptools.
    QPST

1.open the QPST configuration enable your COM and select start clients at the top of the screen and than service programming, you should see your phone select ok.

2." CDMA tab" enter your phone number in the directory# box than go to the IMSI_S box and enter your MIN "mobile identification number" this is not your phone number if you dont know it get it from cricket.

3. arrow right til you see the "M.IP" tab" select add under the user profile box. now working from top to bottom in the NAI and Tethered NAI boxes enter yournumber@mycticket.com copy so ypu can paste it in next steps. now to HA and AAA shared section mark enter text string than type cricket in both. to your right make sure the box is checked "rev tunnel" and that all the below boxes are zeroed out than press ok. now that your back in the M.IP tab go to active user select 0 next mobile IP behavior and select Mob+Simp f/back. than go to where it say Pre-lifetime and enter 0.

4. "PPP Config tab" select Um go to user ID and paste your yournumber@mycricket.com and password cricket below that check Optimized Dormant and 1XEVDO.
    5. now navigate to write to phone than reboot with the sim card in if for some reason it says your roaming dont panic redo the cdma workshop steps and your all set.

cricket_JIG_FIX.zip

now that your phone is up and running with cricket service and 3G "if you instelled safestrap "thanks hashcode" go into your apps and install your recovery .

1.using 3G or wifi download root browser and navigate to system/apps/messaging.apk "the green one" and delete it after you flash the zip in step 2 you dont need it the cricket zip supply one that you can send pics with.

2. reboot your phone and press the menu button to inter safestrap on the right in red says install "NEVER INSTALL ANYTHING THAT IS NOT MADE TO FLASH TO YOUR STOCK SLOT!!" press it and navigate to where you placed your Cricket_JIG_FIX.zip select and flash it than reboot.

3. now dail ##7764726 "##PROGRAM" in the programming menu go to option 13 APN Controls and select APN Config Edit now i set up both just because in both cricket apns go to user and enter your number@mycricket.com than go down to MCC and change it to 311 thanMNC 480 press menu than save your 3G will return.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by qblk; 06-13-2013 at 03:26 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 7.0%

i see no mention of how your fixing the MMS

Customer Since
    may 1999
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by truwrxtacy View Post
    sorry its a flashible zip that you flash after you get your phone set with cricket service, root and recovery ill attach it in the post.

are you referring to this?
    Cricket GB, ICS, and JB Fix for Samsung Epic 4G (MMS Working) - xda-developers

have you tested this on a razr JB yet? does it require you to run the phone with no sim?

Customer Since
    may 1999
    Phone
    Droid Razr

are you referring to this?
    Cricket GB, ICS, and JB Fix for Samsung Epic 4G (MMS Working) - xda-developers

have you tested this on a razr JB yet? does it require you to run the phone with no sim?
    it identify which one your on and install it however it has multiple mms apks inside so you have to uninstall one after flashing as well as going into your programming menu "or" voice dail " open apn"s amd add your number to the @mycricket.com and change your MCC to 311 and MNC to 480

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Thanks for letting me know i wouldnt have noticed till i was done modifying this all in one utility is going ti inclued all you need to get flashed rooted recovery and custumized boot logos

Overall activity: 2.0%

hey there just want to start by saying thanks for all this. i flashed to cricket on my xt912 worked great, next did the jig fix and mms worked great, for about 3 days now whenever i send a pic msg i get com.android.mms has stopped. i havent changed any of the settings or anyhting, i even went back and verified they were all still the same. any ideas? cuz i really need my pic messaging. thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 09-08-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Don't need to quote the entire post.

so what do i do when the mms fix just quits working? it says com.android.mms has stopped. it worked great for the first few days now nothing??

Customer Since
    may 1999
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Quote Originally Posted by mr2krazee View Post
    so what do i do when the mms fix just quits working? it says com.android.mms has stopped. it worked great for the first few days now nothing??
    iv had that happen once before when i was running CM10 i just reflashed the "cricket jig fix zip" .... did you delete any mms apks ? stock or in the zip? just wondering about your set up i delete or freeze my stock one because i get dubble messages after flashing

Quote Originally Posted by qblk View Post
    iv had that happen once before when i was running CM10 i just reflashed the "cricket jig fix zip" .... did you delete any mms apks ? stock or in the zip? just wondering about your set up i delete or freeze my stock one because i get dubble messages after flashing
    already tried reflashing the jig fix to no avail. i did delete the factory mms apk out of my device. ive wiped the cache for my mms program also. do you think a factory reset is in order?

Customer Since
    may 1999
    Phone
    Droid Razr

already tried reflashing the jig fix to no avail. i did delete the factory mms apk out of my device. ive wiped the cache for my mms program also. do you think a factory reset is in order?
    i honestly think if you restore the stock app and delete the one that comes with the zip it may work hopefully you dont have to reflash everything all over again just to fix the issue

thats exactly what ive been thinking. im just in the middle of putting my car back together today so ill try tonight and report back with the results.

Customer Since
    may 1999
    Phone
    Droid Razr

thats exactly what ive been thinking. im just in the middle of putting my car back together today so ill try tonight and report back with the results.
    just seen your reply and hope you got it figured out, if not ill switch over to my stock jellybean and see if i can duplicate the same problem and figure it out, i havent really done much messaging from stock im running CM 10.1.1 and so far iv gotten pics but i usually dont use mms i just did the flashing so my phone can be more cricket as far as apn settings iv even went as far as changing the things in the build prop that says verizon to cricket and now my play store is cricket not verizon its no big difference im just always tinkering

have you ever ran into an issue where once you install the zip file the 3g stop coming on? This is bascially the situation, phone is stock, 3g was working, rooted the phone, 3g is working. Installed the Zip file, 3g stopped working.

Kinda odd.

nvm i'm dumbass i re-read your post and it was the last part i missed.

so i did as per the instructions and i'm getting the same message as the poster above me, the .com android process has stopped. it receives MMS without any issues now, just sending MMS gives the android error, but regular SMS is fine.

Maybe its due to the fact that i deleted the MMS APK and its causing this issue?
    Last edited by truwrxtacy; 05-20-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Customer Since
    may 1999
    Phone
    Droid Razr

have you ever ran into an issue where once you install the zip file the 3g stop coming on? This is bascially the situation, phone is stock, 3g was working, rooted the phone, 3g is working. Installed the Zip file, 3g stopped working.

Kinda odd.

nvm i'm dumbass i re-read your post and it was the last part i missed.

so i did as per the instructions and i'm getting the same message as the poster above me, the .com android process has stopped. it receives MMS without any issues now, just sending MMS gives the android error, but regular SMS is fine.

Maybe its due to the fact that i deleted the MMS APK and its causing this issue?
    That could be the issue I never tested it MMS wise never really send pics much but if you have extra copies of the zip rubble click it and navigate to were it has the MMS apps and delete them than try it with the stock MMS app I know the one in the zip works but I didn't like the rubble messages I got when I flash the zip or better yet just delete the one that show up after flashing it and keep the stock than try

Quote Originally Posted by qblk View Post
    just seen your reply and hope you got it figured out, if not ill switch over to my stock jellybean and see if i can duplicate the same problem and figure it out, i havent really done much messaging from stock im running CM 10.1.1 and so far iv gotten pics but i usually dont use mms i just did the flashing so my phone can be more cricket as far as apn settings iv even went as far as changing the things in the build prop that says verizon to cricket and now my play store is cricket not verizon its no big difference im just always tinkering

sorry ive been in the middle of restoring an awd eagle talon for the last few weeks, ive been very busy. i havent reflashed yet but mms works intermittently, if i keep swending the same msg over and over eventually it will send... i just bought my wife an xt912 im going to flash to cricket today for her. any idea how to obtain the min from a phone with no sim?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information