Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Galaxy S3

No data after ics update???

I updated my phone to ics and i had to reflash the phone. I sent the droid unlock nv items and this time instead of 12 items being written it was just 1 this time. I continued thru qpst setings and everything is correct but the phone will not show 3g or any type of data connection. Furthermore, i thru away my old lte sim card so any help would be greatly appreciated. Talk and text are working, just no data. I also follow the tutorial by disabling lte settings and also i set the phone to cmda/evdo in the test settings.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Do you have a sim card in it at all? None of the ones I have flashed on ICS have been able to function correctly without a sim. That may change in the future, but that is where it is at now from my experience.

Overall activity: 1.0%

bionic or razr? I have a bionic and no data on ICS.

Quote Originally Posted by asuddendeath View Post
    bionic or razr? I have a bionic and no data on ICS.

with ics u have to have a sim card in the phone for the data to work there no way around it if u have an old att/tmobile/ sim card u can cut it down to a micro sim card
    google how to make micro sim card

i use a RAZR on ics. I've been able to get data to with without sim, not sure exactly the steps i took to do so.

If it helps, i am using koa aokp ROM, made a couple changes to build prop that was posted in another thread here. Before installing ROM i flashed using the steps in the ics program thread not the stickies but the recent one

The phone actually lists my phone number and min and prl under status.

The data is still intermittent, but it works nonetheless. I am beginning to think my data issue is the prl cuz i am in Los Angeles area for the summer

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Putting a Sim card in might fix your data issues. Mine works flawlessly in 3g and so do the other two I've flashed. But all 3 have Sim cards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    Galaxy S3

i guess ill have to google a solution for cutting my old t-mobile sim card.. but yeh im using a razor @assuden.. I did a factory reset and the damn phone loads ics not the old gingerbread..... People have also posted mms solutions on the other threads so im anxious to try it out =) Im thinking of updating my droid 4 to ics but im not so sure now cause all my settings work just fine on it.

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

WHen you factory reset it isn't going to load a lower version of the OS after update. IT loads the current loaded version.

I haven't seen the MMS solutions yet, but I will look them up.

Unhappy

Just noticed something strange. I have a wifi network in the office and its only when I connect to this wifi that 1x appears to work, but then the aim is defeated because if I choose to forget the wifi network and use only 1x, even with wifi still turned on in the phone, I lose 1x. What gives? Any workaround? I had perfect 1x on 2.3.6 before updating to ICS 4.0.4
    NB. This is a false positive. The 1x icon appears, but there is no connection. Just cheked in phone tools and there is no connection. Checked in Settings, About phone, Status, Mobile network state and there is no connection. Why does the 1x icon appear? What gives?
    Last edited by ezeuba; 07-08-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: False positive

haoleflip719

Quote Originally Posted by cooltownaz View Post
    I updated my phone to ics and i had to reflash the phone. I sent the droid unlock nv items and this time instead of 12 items being written it was just 1 this time. I continued thru qpst setings and everything is correct but the phone will not show 3g or any type of data connection. Furthermore, i thru away my old lte sim card so any help would be greatly appreciated. Talk and text are working, just no data. I also follow the tutorial by disabling lte settings and also i set the phone to cmda/evdo in the test settings.
    Are you on a custom ICS rom?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC on 6.7.230 ICS Leak using Tapatalk 2
    Flashed to Cricket Wireless*Talk/Text/MMS/3G

Quote Originally Posted by ezeuba View Post
    Just noticed something strange. I have a wifi network in the office and its only when I connect to this wifi that 1x appears to work, but then the aim is defeated because if I choose to forget the wifi network and use only 1x, even with wifi still turned on in the phone, I lose 1x. What gives? Any workaround? I had perfect 1x on 2.3.6 before updating to ICS 4.0.4
    NB. This is a false positive. The 1x icon appears, but there is no connection. Just cheked in phone tools and there is no connection. Checked in Settings, About phone, Status, Mobile network state and there is no connection. Why does the 1x icon appear? What gives?
    I've got the same issue! but instead of 1x it shows 3g...anyone know whats up?

haoleflip719

Solution for you guys to try:

1. Dial *#*#4636#*#*
    2. Go to Phone Information.
    3. Change network type to WCDMA preferred. Wait about 15 seconds then change it to CDMA Only. Wait another 15 seconds until you see 1x pop up on your notification bar. If 1x does not pop up, repeat step 3 over and over until it does.
    4. If you see 1x, change network type again to EVDO Only. This should instantly change your 1x to 3G.
    5. Once you see 3G, change network type one more time to CDMA auto prl. The signal bars should blink and come back and you should have a solid 3G signal.

These steps should work considering you have a SIM card in and the phone is properly flashed for data. I had to repeat these steps a few times to get my data to stick with no issues whether wifi is on or not. Just keep tinkering!

By the way, on the new official ICS your 1x/3G/4G will show in grey next to your WiFi icon when your WiFi is connected. I don't know why it does that. I think it's just a feature to show that if your WiFi should disconnect, you have data to back you up.

Last edited by haoleflip719; 07-14-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by haoleflip719 View Post
    Solution for you guys to try:

1. Dial *#*#4636#*#*
    2. Go to Phone Information.
    3. Change network type to WCDMA preferred. Wait about 15 seconds then change it to CDMA Only. Wait another 15 seconds until you see 1x pop up on your notification bar. If 1x does not pop up, repeat step 3 over and over until it does.
    4. If you see 1x, change network type again to EVDO Only. This should instantly change your 1x to 3G.
    5. Once you see 3G, change network type one more time to CDMA auto prl. The signal bars should blink and come back and you should have a solid 3G signal.

These steps should work considering you have a SIM card in and the phone is properly flashed for data. I had to repeat these steps a few times to get my data to stick with no issues whether wifi is on or not. Just keep tinkering!

By the way, on the new official ICS your 1x/3G/4G will show in grey next to your WiFi icon when your WiFi is connected. I don't know why it does that. I think it's just a feature to show that if your WiFi should disconnect, you have data to back you up.

Thanks gonna give this a run tonight i think.

Let me ask do u need a sim or a verizon sim to make it work?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

haoleflip719

Quote Originally Posted by asuddendeath View Post
    Thanks gonna give this a run tonight i think.

Let me ask do u need a sim or a verizon sim to make it work?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    As of right now (until they find a way around it), you do need a VZW SIM in the phone. I've taken the SIM out and have tried different settings to get data and it just doesn't want to show.

Overall activity: 63.0%

so its will work only with verizon sim card. what about others micro sim card?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information