Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since

All Cricket phones to go 4g?

I walked into a Cricket store yesterday and I was asking an employee which cricket phones use 4g. The employee stated that December of this year, ALL Cricket phones will be 4g. Has anyone else heard this?

I was going to purchase the Admire 2 because it uses 4g and less expensive than the S3 or S4, but if ALL cricket phones will be 4g this coming December than I'll buy the ZTE Engage and wait for it to go 4g soon.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by FunkySpaceMan View Post
    I walked into a Cricket store yesterday and I was asking an employee which cricket phones use 4g. The employee stated that December of this year, ALL Cricket phones will be 4g. Has anyone else heard this?

I was going to purchase the Admire 2 because it uses 4g and less expensive than the S3 or S4, but if ALL cricket phones will be 4g this coming December than I'll buy the ZTE Engage and wait for it to go 4g soon.
    that cricket dealer must know something i do not. . he probably meant to say all new cricket phones will all support 4g. i highly recommend the admire2.

Overall activity: 0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

A phone can't just "go" 4g... It needs to be made with a 4g capable radio (antenna), so believe me when I say that if the Engage was 4g capable even if your market doesn't have LTE up yet, they would still advertise the phone as LTE capable...

Customer Since
    06/2013

I know that cricket does need to expand cause in my area as we speak metro PCs is popping up like wow fire and they offer 4g lte now on there network and at the same price as cricket if not better. I live in the DC area and cricket is still on 3g here plus just this pass summer when I want to Richmond va I could not get any internet service just barely got talk and text crazy I hope they do go 4g in this area and soon. Before I switch carriers I want what I'm paying for.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

As time goes by, LTE will be the norm and 3G & 1X will be the fall back signals.

sent from SP's vanilla 1.1 ROM

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by alexmo4less View Post
    A phone can't just "go" 4g... It needs to be made with a 4g capable radio (antenna), so believe me when I say that if the Engage was 4g capable even if your market doesn't have LTE up yet, they would still advertise the phone as LTE capable...

So if the phone specs don't mention 4g capable, that particular phone will not be able to use 4g? Sorry if I sound like a noob but I'm not too tech savy when it comes to talking about 4g. Also, I just found out (based on the cricket "4g" coverage map) that 4g is not offered in my area, but yet all the Cricket stores sell the Samsung Galaxy S3 & 4 that say they are 4g phones. What gives?

Thanks all for the info I do appreciate it.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkySpaceMan View Post
    So if the phone specs don't mention 4g capable, that particular phone will not be able to use 4g? Sorry if I sound like a noob but I'm not too tech savy when it comes to talking about 4g. Also, I just found out (based on the cricket "4g" coverage map) that 4g is not offered in my area, but yet all the Cricket stores sell the Samsung Galaxy S3 & 4 that say they are 4g phones. What gives?

Thanks all for the info I do appreciate it.
    That is not surprising about your 4G coverage. With the pending AT&T acquisition, all network improvements have been suspended. Cricket is simply maintaining what they have until the acquisition is completed and then it will be AT&T's problem to fix. Which they won't touch until ALL Cricket customers have been moved over to the much larger GSM/LTE network provided by AT&T. Then Cricket's spectrum will be refarmed and changed over to match AT&T.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Thread Information