Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Can't send texts (SMS) but can recieve SMS and send only MM

HELP! I have a huawei mercury

KK so I have CWM + Revokster, rooted with FastRoot, with the v6 supercharger scripts, everything was working great.

I didn't change anything, and then last night, sending SMS just stopped working. It just keeps saying Sending... forever. I can still recieve SMS just fine.

Thing is tho, MMS works, so I have to include a picture with every text message I write if I want it to come through. Kinda a pain in the ass.

I was thinking about calling Cricket and asking if they can help, but I dont want them to screw my phone up or ask me to do a factory reset or something. Can anyone give me any pointers as to where I should look? I've tried searching the forums yesterday night and tonight but I can't find anything relevant.

I did try to update my PRL *228 but im still having the same problem. i hope i dont have to reflash because it took me a loooooooong time to get all my apps set up again!!!

thanks

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Skimmed your post. Not sure why you can't send SMS.

If you're worried about losing stuff, start backing up using Titanium Backup. That works really well. I stayed away form it for a long time, but it's pretty good.

MMS is completely different from SMS from what I know.

SMS:

wiki -
    SMS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Short Message Service (SMS) is a
    text messaging

service component of phone, web, or mobile communication systems, using standardized
    communications protocols

that allow the exchange of short text messages between
    fixed line

or
    mobile phone

devices.

SMS text messaging is the most widely used data application in the world, with over 5 billion active users,
    [1]

or 74% of all mobile phone subscribers.[
    citation needed

]
    The term SMS is used as a synonym for all types of short text messaging as well as the user activity itself in many parts of the world. SMS is also being used as a form of
    direct marketing

known as
    SMS marketing

[2]

SMS as used on modern handsets was originated from
    radio telegraphy

in radio memo pagers using standardized phone protocols and later defined as part of the
    Global System for Mobile Communications

(GSM) series of standards in 1985
    [3]

as a means of sending messages of up to 160 characters,
    [4]

[5]

to and from GSM mobile handsets.
    [6]

Since then, support for the service has expanded to include other mobile technologies such as
    ANSI CDMA networks

and
    Digital AMPS

, as well as
    satellite

and
    landline

networks.[
    citation needed

]
    Most SMS messages are mobile-to-mobile text messages though the standard supports other types of broadcast messaging as well.
    MMS uses data and is probably more like an e-mail. Hey wow, I'm right...

wiki -
    Multimedia Messaging Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MMS messages are delivered in a completely different way from SMS. The first step is for the sending device to encode the multimedia content in a fashion similar to sending a
    MIME

e-mail (MIME content formats are defined in the MMS Message Encapsulation specification). The message is then forwarded to the
    carrier's

MMS
    store and forward

server, known as the MMSC. If the receiver is on another carrier, the relay forwards the message to the recipient's carrier using the Internet.
    [5]

Once the MMSC has received a message, it first determines whether the receiver's handset is "MMS capable", that it supports the standards for receiving MMS. If so, the content is extracted and sent to a temporary storage server with an
    HTTP

front-end. An SMS "control message" containing the
    URL

of the content is then sent to the recipient's handset to trigger the receiver's
    WAP

browser to open and receive the content from the embedded URL. Several other messages are exchanged to indicate status of the delivery attempt.
    [6]

Before delivering content, some MMSCs also include a conversion service that will attempt to modify the multimedia content into a format suitable for the receiver. This is known as "content adaptation".

If the receiver's handset is not MMS capable, the message is usually delivered to a web based service from where the content can be viewed from a normal internet browser. The URL for the content is usually sent to the receiver's phone in a normal text message. This behaviour is usually known as the "legacy experience" since content can still be received by a phone number, even if the phone itself does not support MMS.

The method for determining whether a handset is MMS capable is not specified by the standards. A database is usually maintained by the operator, and in it each
    mobile phone number

is marked as being associated with a legacy handset or not. It can be a bit hit and miss since customers can change their handset at will and this database is not usually updated dynamically.

E-mail and web-based gateways to the MMS (and SMS) system are common. On the reception side, the content servers can typically receive service requests both from WAP and normal
    HTTP

browsers, so delivery via the web is simple. For sending from external sources to handsets, most carriers allow MIME encoded message to be sent to the receiver's phone number with a special domain. An example of this would be PTN@messaging.carrier.com, where PTN is the public telephone number. Typically the special domain name is carrier specific.
    This is a long explanation of why one can work and the other will not. MMS has the basic requirement of data.

Do you know if anyone else in your area is having problems?

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 0%

same problem and then some

I'm having the exact same problem with my zte score, which I recently rooted then suddenly found myself very confused as to how to flash a custom rom. I called cricket 611 they weren't able help or offer any explanation. Were you able to find a solution to the sms situation? And if anyone can offer step by step instructions on flashing roms on the zte score it would be greatly appreciated, I'm new to the whole process and could really use some help on what to do next.

Thread Information