Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Cricket Deadzones

My experience with Crickets coverage has been fairly good overall, but sometimes when I travel I notice some major dead zones. Sometimes when I'm inside of buildings I notice I don't have any bars, and when I go outside of the building the bars come back. Since I live in Central California, there are times I like to go to Yosemite National Park, and I noticed the whole park is a dead zone for me. So I think Cricket should expand its coverage in that area since its a very popular spot.
    Have any of you noticed any dead zones in your area or having service problems when inside of buildings?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I don't have any problems with signal where I'm at. It's great, actually.

I highly recommend adding $10 to your Flex Bucket account. After you do that, dial *228 on your phone. This will allow you to roam. If Verizon works at the park, your phone should too.

Now, if you're inside a building and your phone has zero bars but is still holding on to a signal, you won't roam. Even if your phone has no bars but is still connected to a Cricket tower your phone won't roam. If you do lose a signal and go to "Searching" your phone should roam on Verizon without a problem.

I see you have the Samsung JetSet. I have that phone too! I'm currently using the Huawei Ascend though. You should think about upgrading to an Android phone. It's awesome.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Fantastic Frank View Post
    My experience with Crickets coverage has been fairly good overall, but sometimes when I travel I notice some major dead zones. Sometimes when I'm inside of buildings I notice I don't have any bars, and when I go outside of the building the bars come back. Since I live in Central California, there are times I like to go to Yosemite National Park, and I noticed the whole park is a dead zone for me. So I think Cricket should expand its coverage in that area since its a very popular spot.
    Have any of you noticed any dead zones in your area or having service problems when inside of buildings?
    I understand your frustration Frank but let me explain something.
    Cell towers in today's world cost about 250K, maybe more. While it would be nice to have service in Yosemite, there really isn't any reason for Cricket to do so financially. Redwoods and Sequoias dont use phones so there's no customer base to pay for the build-out. Then there is the matter of cell towers in the park. Would they really do anything for the ascetic beauty of the place. Don't think so. Don't hold your breath on that one.
    In building coverage can usually be addressed by additional sites as well but there again you have the cost limits. Also the composition of the buildings contributes.

In Spokane, my market, we have the number one rated network. Independent drive testing company. I have no complaints. But then too I am a realist. Nothing works everywhere, all the time.
    Welcome to the forum.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Sorry if that sounded snarky. Wasn't meant to. I just ate dinner and I burned it, so I am not happy. Sorry if I directed that at you.

Thread Information