Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by Doninfor View Post
    in silver spring the 3g works in flashed phones...hyattsville where i have my store doesnt...

i have a asecend II that i use for testing and for customers to open accounts that
    does anyone know how to get this on diag mode ive been serching around.. and no luck, i want to get the prl of it
    I think it is ##4357*
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

2. Remove this advertisement.

ok, a small update.. I fired up my ZTE and ZIO that i purchased through Cricket and have always had the 3G working ever since I flashed my EVO and activated it through cricket. Both of the cricket phones have 3G issues.. the 3G icon is shown but trying to actually connect and retrieve data and the 3G fails and shows (connecting) in the settings menu.. Im wondering if its just an issue across the board with Data in my area (near annapolis) ???? Like the comment i said before my wifes ascend seems to work but after further review it also is not acting 100%.. It drops and resets but not nearly as bad as my flashed EVO... Id call Cricket but those people are worthless !!!

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by tjocus View Post
    ok, a small update.. I fired up my ZTE and ZIO that i purchased through Cricket and have always had the 3G working ever since I flashed my EVO and activated it through cricket. Both of the cricket phones have 3G issues.. the 3G icon is shown but trying to actually connect and retrieve data and the 3G fails and shows (connecting) in the settings menu.. Im wondering if its just an issue across the board with Data in my area (near annapolis) ???? Like the comment i said before my wifes ascend seems to work but after further review it also is not acting 100%.. It drops and resets but not nearly as bad as my flashed EVO... Id call Cricket but those people are worthless !!!
    Thank you for letting us know. We need more people to test their original cricket phones and report. This will allow us to understand what exactly is happening.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Supporting Member

@dina ##4357* its info mode
    thanks anyway

like i said i have a
    ascend II for ppl to open account even if i do a phone swap and the phone is out of the account the internet keeps working...
    and ive been testing with it, and internet service its fine (even faster than my sprint iphone) .. its just the flashed phones
    im currently streaming some youtube. and a flashed droid x has no 3g next to it...

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Oh pardon. I do not work with original stuff...

Who here is trying to figure out what is going on with this problem. If this is not fixed soon I am going back to regular cricket phone until iphone comes out in my area

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 1.0%

what if someone *228 in a triband area. with a cricket phone then pull the latest prl than combine it with the latest sprint prl.

Supporting Member

ive tried *228 in different phones, droid razr evo droid x , photon and some samsungs and i never get the activation it just gives me an error, maybe im doing something wrong..

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Doninfor View Post
    @dina ##4357* its info mode
    thanks anyway

like i said i have a
    ascend II for ppl to open account even if i do a phone swap and the phone is out of the account the internet keeps working...
    and ive been testing with it, and internet service its fine (even faster than my sprint iphone) .. its just the flashed phones
    im currently streaming some youtube. and a flashed droid x has no 3g next to it...

It would be interesting to know if its just phones with accounts labeled as CPE_Smartphone.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

No big issues here in the St. Louis area (lately). I did experience no data awhile back and was chatting with Dina on this... That's when I found out the I'm in the triband area as well. I do occasionally drop 3G but connect back once I exit an app that's trying to use data (FB, YouTube, etc)
    I'm on a flashed HTC Thunderbolt FWIW.

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt using Tapatalk 2

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Worked on one Evo shift yesterday from St. Louis. He has the same issue with dropping 3g for a few seconds. At least his 3g works!

As far as CPE device and label, that has no impact.

*228 never works on flashed phones in triband markets. Do not even try.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

And *228 never hurts the flash on HTC Sprint phones, and motorola Verizon phones (if you are able to use *228 of course). Samsung devices should not be *228-ed, and verizon HTCs.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Losing 3G for that few seconds can get frustrating but yeah, overall 3G, works!
    @ Dina... Will *228 kill the flash on Verizon HTC's???

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoWilJr View Post
    Losing 3G for that few seconds can get frustrating but yeah, overall 3G, works!
    @ Dina... Will *228 kill the flash on Verizon HTC's???

Yup. It will revert PPP

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Hybrid PRL

People, try this hybrid for me please. 45551hybrid.prl

Overall activity: 62.0%

Customer Since
    Jan. 2010

Quote Originally Posted by RoWilJr View Post
    No big issues here in the St. Louis area (lately). I did experience no data awhile back and was chatting with Dina on this... That's when I found out the I'm in the triband area as well. I do occasionally drop 3G but connect back once I exit an app that's trying to use data (FB, YouTube, etc)
    I'm on a flashed HTC Thunderbolt FWIW.

I'm in St. Louis and have been trying to get an Evo 4G flashed over from Sprint to my Cricket account for the past few days and the 3G works but is REALLY slow. It also cuts off but will come right back on. It took an hour just to download an Adobe update. My Zio that's the original Cricket phone is working just fine with no 3g issues at all.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information