Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I'm dropping 3G consistently now... Took me 5 mins. just to post this.

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Customer Since
    Jan. 2010

This is crazy...right when I try to get my Evo flashed over the networks are having issues. I really wanted to keep my cricket account, but might have to get flashed to Page Plus and port my #. Dina I appreciate your help the other day trying to get my Evo going!

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    People, try this hybrid for me please. Attachment 2967
    i loaded it to a droid bionic and same problem 3g keeps dropping randomly, its a little more steady than other prls but still dropping

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Doesn't Cricket use sprint/verizon towers as well? Asking because in another forum I frequent folks are complaint that they are losing connectivity too...

Hey guys, this may sound crazy but maybe this does have something to do with that big solar flare last week ??? Today in MD it is very cloudy and raining and I have great 3G coverage !! Its seems that night time and early morning also has been the best 3g connection (when the sun is not high in the sky and the rays are blocked by the earth ??? Dont know, maybe something happened to the towers ??? Ive tried every PRL available with no change in my connectivity... Im just thinking out loud here ????? Test ON !

Overall activity: 62.0%

Customer Since
    Jan. 2010

So would the flare only affect flashed phones though? My standard cricket phone has no issues

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by yellaboiy View Post
    So would the flare only affect flashed phones though? My standard cricket phone has no issues
    the solar flare would affect every phone on a tower. solar flares only affect the tower's connection to the 'backbone' network. and only if they use satellite up-link. it is more expensive and most of the time is not what your towers are using.

Cellular network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by RoWilJr View Post
    Doesn't Cricket use sprint/verizon towers as well? Asking because in another forum I frequent folks are complaint that they are losing connectivity too...
    you use cricket's towers and partner towers.
    examples;
    1: CORE WIRELESS
    • can use flashed phones, no contract, unlimited minutes, pay in advance month to month service

• must live within cricket tower area, uses cricket and partner towers.

• you can roam on verizon, u.s. cell, almost any cdma carrier for extra fee ($5/mo per 30min or $0.25/min)

• if over %50 of your usage is outside of the cricket owned towers your plan may be limited or terminated without notice.

2: PAY-GO
    PAYGo | Cricket PAYGo Service | Cricket Wireless

• no flashed phones, no contract with limited minutes pay as you go plans. not month-month (pay like boost mobile)

• must live in any cricket or partner coverage area.

• no roaming, no family plan, no insurance, less data allowances.

this map shows when you live in a cricket tower area.

capture1.jpg

this map shows when you live in a partner coverage area or are outside of coverage.
    (pay-go only, no flashed phones)
    capture1.jpg

Last edited by indica; 07-21-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Supporting Member

i think im gonna start flashing to pageplus now.. with all this issues with cricket.. at least pageplus internet is a lot faster, i did a razr and 3g was a lot faster than cricket or sprint.. only problem its gonna be to get the phones on the account

Just an update I also live in maryland and have been plagued with this, my girl's ascend 2 works fine my x2 and x both wont connect. however my evo shift will. On a side note I tried switching the esn's back over from the x to EVO just ten minutes ago and the reps would not allow my dual band phone on their tri-band network. At least over the phone they won't now I have to go to the store tomorrow.

EDIT: nevermind the EVO is just as sporatic...
    Last edited by onelowzx6r; 07-23-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

One person in PA has this problem on his evo, he went to the cricket store, rep's evo was doing the same thing. He has a coworker with the same phone and it works normally. It is weird, but not every person is affected..

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Still having the same issues here (St Louis area)

A very big thanks to Dina for getting my phones back to stock. I highly reccommend her and her service very helpful and fast. Also I have gave up on waiting for my service to come back it was starting to cost me money. Best of luck to the rest that are having issues

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

THANKS a bunch everybody for trying the prl. Welcome to those who I helped a little

Now observations:
    1) Sent out two phones running 45551 prl (retrieved from an original cricket phone in PA-seems like this is the one all the phones come preloaded with on many Triband Cricket phones). 1 to Chicago, and 1 to another city in IL. Both had 3g issues right after receiving. The one in Chicago would not show 3g at all. The one in other city had intermittent 3g. Downloaded 42600 for the one in Chicago, and 3g came right back...Downloaded 45713 to the one in a different city, 3g works better.

2) 45551 was downloaded the other day to RoWilJr's phone, and he gets about 900kbits download speed on 45551 hybrid (St. Louis is a triband market). So PRL is good...

3) Customer in MD gets 3g sometimes (has same 45551 prl). It comes and goes....

4) No issues in regular cricket markets, or west coast triband markets. Nevada is the biggest one and no issues.

5) Louisiana is also triband, and no issues there (although, had one person say that 3g went away, but then came back later).

Flash is something that if it is done correctly, it will show 3g...It is not a "temperamental woman" where it will work with 3g sometimes, and then not work the other time. It either works or not. The fact that it shows 3g at certain times is interesting. The fact that prl 45551 would not work for Chicago is interesting. It is a triband PRL that is originally retrieved from the Cricket phone...totally confused there.

I will keep posting until we find some sort of a solution. If 3g is working at certain times of the day it is not a PRL issue. That I can say for SURE.
    Last edited by Dina; 07-26-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

i honestly think it's a system issue. we've been having small back-end issues errors and much fun! on days we are not busy. . . perhaps they rolled out the new plans too quickly, or their data tracking software is fumbling things up.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Thx Dina for the assist! What's so frustrating is that WHEN I'm on 3G (read:consistently), my phone ACTUALLY works as advertised... But there lies the problem! My phone will NOT lock into 3G... It will connect then drop and try to reconnect. :banghead:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information