Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Customer Since
    Jan. 2010

Yeah, I'm in St. Louis and my Evo 4g is still having issues with cricket 3g as well. It works better at night time though. Seriously thinking about switching over to Page Plus so i can enjoy my phone.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

I have the same issue, I have tried different PRL's and all mentioned solutions to no avail. Im in Oklahoma and it seems this issue started about 3 weeks ago. Sometimes I can do a HOT REBOOT and it will work for an hour or so then once i start doing the HOT REBOOT that no longer works. Almost seems like its switching on and off....hope a solution is near.
    Im using HTC EVO 4G Mik ROM. Thanks in advance for anyone that has a tip!

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    One person in PA has this problem on his evo, he went to the cricket store, rep's evo was doing the same thing. He has a coworker with the same phone and it works normally. It is weird, but not every person is affected..
    Maybe they should pull the data from each phone and compare to see any differences, they could have the answer!!
    Wishful thinking!

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Boot your thunder in DIAG mode, and load PRL in Roam tab on QPST.
    I use ##775 to change PRLS.

Overall activity: 0%

the last 2 day have been pretty weird !!!! from early am ti about 12:30 ( almost on the dot) my 3G has been working GREAT (almost better than ever!) but as soon as 12:30 or so hits BAM, 3G drops like a bad habit !!!! the 3G logo will remain on my top display bar until i try to use data then the 3G logo will disapear and I will get (connection timeout) error... this will continue until about 11 PM or so and then my 3G will come back in full effect and like i say its screaming fast !!!! Phone and normal text is never effected although i do loose phone signal bars when the 3G logo drops but the phone signal bars will come righ back when the 3G remains OFF... Text is also not affected but picture mail (sms) goes hand in hand with the data issue !!!! I think this is a NETWORK issue... Somehow the system knows what is or is not a flashed phone, I think we are sent to the back of the line during peak data useage hours !!!

Has 45551 been posted anywhere? I'm in Northern VA and want to give it a try. I'm getting a few seconds of 3G every 20 minutes or so with 45722.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Maybe they should pull the data from each phone and compare to see any differences, they could have the answer!!
    Wishful thinking!

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

I asked him about it. He said the guy had a training somewhere. When he gets back, we will be able to connect and compare.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by tjocus View Post
    Somehow the system knows what is or is not a flashed phone, I think we are sent to the back of the line during peak data useage hours !!!
    I once thought is was the "CPE Smartphone" id on the account. Maybe its some ID in the build.prop? Or maybe its just that particular area is being changed/upgraded or has connection issues. If people forced roaming does it drop? If the network is changed to home or affiliated instead of "auto" does it drop? Phones rescan all the time looking for better towers so i wonder how thats related? Is it dropping using 3g hybrid PRL's? My $45 plan green45k works in houston, does the $45 plan drop in these same areas?

I asked him about it. He said the guy had a training somewhere. When he gets back, we will be able to connect and compare.
    Sounds good!

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    I once thought is was the "CPE Smartphone" id on the account. Maybe its some ID in the build.prop? Or maybe its just that particular area is being changed/upgraded or has connection issues. If people forced roaming does it drop? If the network is changed to home or affiliated instead of "auto" does it drop? Phones rescan all the time looking for better towers so i wonder how thats related? Is it dropping using 3g hybrid PRL's? My $45 plan green45k works in houston, does the $45 plan drop in these same areas?
    Funny i tried that too thinking it was getting stuck between towers, but still they same issues. I think I have tried everything even clicking my heels together 3 times saying theres nothing like a working 3G signal.....hahaha...

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldman View Post
    It is only an issue in triband markets. Regular markets like Houston are not affected. It is dropping 3g no matter what prl you put on the phone. It does not look like a prl issue. Again, not all triband markets are affected. Seems like the ones on the east and IL..

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I am thinking it could be an issue on Sprint towers too. Just looked online and it seems like customers with sprint have been experiencing 3g issues recently. Cricket mostly utilizes Sprint in MD, PA and IL for roaming. And flashed phones roam....

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Network Vision 3G Improved? - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates - Page 2

They talk about Network Upgrades on Sprint for new LTE devices...

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Overall activity: 2.0%

Phone
    evo4g/e3drom/45722

something is definatly up in the dc md area. even cricket phones are losing their 3g, they have to take out the battery for it to comeback

Supporting Member

It is only an issue in triband markets. Regular markets like Houston are not affected. It is dropping 3g no matter what prl you put on the phone. It does not look like a prl issue. Again, not all triband markets are affected. Seems like the ones on the east and IL..

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I am thinking it could be an issue on Sprint towers too. Just looked online and it seems like customers with sprint have been experiencing 3g issues recently. Cricket mostly utilizes Sprint in MD, PA and IL for roaming. And flashed phones roam....

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Network Vision 3G Improved? - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates - Page 2

They talk about Network Upgrades on Sprint for new LTE devices...

i have a sprint phone and havent had any problems with 3g, in the same area the flashed phones to cricket have no 3g...
    this is in md

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

As a test, has anyone tried forcing their phone to stay on 3g by changing the mode to "EVDO only" instead of "(CDMA)Auto"? Or by changing their build.prop from "ro.ril.def.prefered.network=4" to "ro.ril.def.prefered.network=6" and "ro.telephony.default_network=4" to "ro.telephony.default_network=6" Of course, it will not connect to 1x if you go outside 3g areas.

Id like to re-chime in on this. Dina you are right, it isnt the PRL as I have PRL (45722) that worked flawlessly up until these issues started happening. I grew tired of it and switched back to my ascend. I hooked the ascend up to CDMA Workshop and QPST. Interesting to note that the ascend has NO settings in the MIP tab. and it was set to simple ip only. Also before going back to the ascend i noticed that the 3G worked great from 5am (thats when I get up) to almost 12 noon on the dot.
    I could post the screen shots of my Ascends settings from QPST if that would help?

Customer Since
    Feb 2011
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

I am having the same issues with my 3g. One minute I will have 3g, then 1x, then nothing. It keeps cycling like this. This only occurs while I'm at work in Kernersville, NC, which is not a tri-band area. It is a Cricket 3g area. I live about 15 miles away and my 3g works all of the time at home, it does have a low signal (only 1 or 2 bars) but it does not drop out. This has been happening for about a week now. I have never had any issues in this area before now. I have tried *228 and did not receive a different prl. I will try to manually load different prls with qpst later.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by onelowzx6r View Post
    Id like to re-chime in on this. Dina you are right, it isnt the PRL as I have PRL (45722) that worked flawlessly up until these issues started happening. I grew tired of it and switched back to my ascend. I hooked the ascend up to CDMA Workshop and QPST. Interesting to note that the ascend has NO settings in the MIP tab. and it was set to simple ip only. Also before going back to the ascend i noticed that the 3G worked great from 5am (thats when I get up) to almost 12 noon on the dot.
    I could post the screen shots of my Ascends settings from QPST if that would help?
    Please post the screenshots Also, it would be nice if we had screenshots before *228 and after (if somebody could do that of course).

*228 normally downloads nam settings like mdn, min, and prl...however, something could also change, and side by side comparison would help.

Interesting thing: some customers in triband markets got a text from cricket on their phones about dialing *228 in order not to have service interruptions (about a week before the issues started)..I never got a text like that in my area (which is a normal market). Just food for thought.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

AJW6381, I have that happen to me on my droid 4...there are few spots in Omaha that have that issue no matter what prl I download. It just switches to 1x and stays there until I move to a different spot.

Dina i got that test as well asking me to *228 however my droid x/droid x2/evo shift wont OTA. Ive got the screenshots ready give me a second to post them.
    EDIT: i have to resize crop and blur out my MDN MIN etc
    Last edited by onelowzx6r; 07-28-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information