Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by onelowzx6r View Post
    Dina i got that test as well asking me to *228 however my droid x/droid x2/evo shift wont OTA. Ive got the screenshots ready give me a second to post them.
    EDIT: i have to resize crop and blur out my MDN MIN etc
    Thank you
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

2. Remove this advertisement.

ok here we go also I should note that when I backed up my NV items, I backed up once with whatever the default popped up i think it was 0-3944 but I also did another back up from 0-9999 just to see if there was anything on those lines and sure enough there was. Don't know what that means but more info for the pot.

Anywho heres the screen shots of my Huawei Ascend 1 (this has CM7 on it although I wouldn't think it matter for these settings)
    Edit: I just noticed paint didn't do a good job of hiding my info, I will kindly ask that you all don't abuse it.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg6.jpg12.jpg14.jpg16.1.jpg16.2.jpg16.3.jpgcdma-ascend-factory.jpgcdma-ascend-factory-main.jpg
    Last edited by onelowzx6r; 07-28-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Hey thanks for the post. MIP profile in this case would not a play a big role because cricket uses the PPP username for internet connection. However, I noticed in your ppp (UM) optimized dormand handoff and 1xEVDO to 1x are not checked.....normally they are. When you open an HTC EVO in qpst, it has the UMTS System preferences. In the sytem tab for preferred mode, yours are empty, and evo says to use the UMTS system tab...I will try to copy the exact settings (except for the phone number and such) to one of the MD phones, and see how that goes. Wish I lived in MD...my market never had any issues.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Trust me Dina, you DON'T want to live in MD. lol Set aside the fact that we are on the mass death list if any country wants to raise it's middle finger to us via nuclear (or any other large weapon for that matter) arsenal. lol With summers reaching over 110 degrees and 99% humidity, hardly any snow anymore(maybe 3 inches) and Cricket screwing with my 3G on my flashed phones....I'm thinking North or South Dakota maybe the new paradise! lol I digress...

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Trust me Dina, you DON'T want to live in MD. lol Set aside the fact that we are on the mass death list if any country wants to raise it's middle finger to us via nuclear (or any other large weapon for that matter) arsenal. lol With summers reaching over 110 degrees and 99% humidity, hardly any snow anymore(maybe 3 inches) and Cricket screwing with my 3G on my flashed phones....I'm thinking North or South Dakota maybe the new paradise! lol I digress...
    Nebraska is not a paradise in terms of weather either. It is super hot during summers, and super cold in winters. Well, at least our 3g is always good!

Thats it...just keep rubbing salt in our wounds Dina...lol

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Lol'd...

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt using Tapatalk 2

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Put some pepper on that too! Hey, just set up everything on Droid x same way you have in QPST, and no luck.

yeah my x2 and my evo shift are still setup for cricket. Ive been watching them all day on the table here and it LOOKS stable but as soon as you use it...poof! 3G cuts out and the space-time continuum collapses causing chaos across all known dimensions. At least thats my theory....

Odd though how the 3G seems to work fine from like early morning (5am) till almost exactly mid day every day...

My hope is that when Cricket finishes upgrading this horse-camp network to accommodate the iPhone 4G (as I was told be 4 different reps) then I can maybe figure out how to snatch the setting from the iPhone and port them over to my EVO, and if that doesn't work I'm buying carrier pigeons.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

I just don't understand how, no matter what the network change 3g would work sporadically.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I just don't understand how, no matter what the network change 3g would work sporadically. It was nice to finally see a carrier allow flashed phones as there is a huge market for those of us that bought our 400,500,even $600 phone and would like to keep them not just let them collect in a drawer or god-forbid sell them for pennies on the dollar to some soul-patch,vest wearing douchebag on TV saying we could re-coupe "some" of our money spent. I LOVED my X and quite frankly could care less who the carrier was as long as it was $40-60 per month with no contract, unlimited talk, text and and data and....heres the kicker...KEEP MY PHONE!

But seeing as how putting a man on the moon cost billion and employed 400 thousand people I guess what we want is just "too hard".

/rant

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Customer Since
    July 2012

Don't no

What do *228 do?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.A View Post
    What do *228 do?
    You cannot *228 on a flashed phone in a triband market.

Dina I have my evo shift hooked up and I dont see these UMTS settings you speak of on the system tab in QPST. Whatch you talkin bout willis?

This may be just a fluke so i will continue to test throughout the day and report later.. Anyway, yesterday as normal (last 3 -4 weeks anyway) my phone did its 3G cycle (on in the morning from 5am until around 12noon, then cut off 100%). Around 4PM I was trying to sync my phone with my wifes new car with BlueTooth (i never had BlueTooth activated before) and as soon as I enabled Bluetooth my 3G came back and has been on ever since !!!! I even left Pandora running as a test for about 4 hours !!!! Not sure if its a fluke or not !?!?? Just thought I would report !!!

Overall activity: 62.0%

Customer Since
    Jan. 2010

Let's hope it's not a fluke!

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Dina I have my evo shift hooked up and I dont see these UMTS settings you speak of on the system tab in QPST. Whatch you talkin bout willis?
    Sorry for the late reply. It was on the regular evo...Droid X does not have that field either, so I assume UMTS should not be an issue.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tjocus View Post
    This may be just a fluke so i will continue to test throughout the day and report later.. Anyway, yesterday as normal (last 3 -4 weeks anyway) my phone did its 3G cycle (on in the morning from 5am until around 12noon, then cut off 100%). Around 4PM I was trying to sync my phone with my wifes new car with BlueTooth (i never had BlueTooth activated before) and as soon as I enabled Bluetooth my 3G came back and has been on ever since !!!! I even left Pandora running as a test for about 4 hours !!!! Not sure if its a fluke or not !?!?? Just thought I would report !!!

Nice find.. Had one person try it in MD, 3g comes back when you turn on bluetooth, then goes away after 2 mins. Droid X2 was tested...not sure about an evo.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information