Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Droid X and Droid Pro....MMS STOPPED WORKING..... Used to work fantastic

I'm no noob to flashing. Ive been doing for a little bit now, but Im starting to think Im certainly no expert. I just went back to using the cricket phones. I picked up a Droid X and a Droid Pro. Both, at time of third party purchase, worked flawlessly on Verizon.

Everything has been working great on these phones, except the mms has been a little hit or miss on the droid pro. Now, neither will work. I've exhausted every idea. Let me tell you what is on them and what Ive done... I'm in the Chattanooga TN area, so I don't know if theres a better prl out there for me, but this is the one that I get with a regular cricket phone and program it. I've been using these phones for over six months without this problem. Now Ive been battling this issue for the last month with no resolution. Please, someone help me...

-Droid X

running 2.3.3
    sbf'ed to 2.3.3 then flashed to Liberty 2.0 w/ prl 35313
    using Bootstrap and Clockwork, I installed the cricket edify v10 mms fix.
    Used Voice Dialer apn backup etc., to set the apn to
    Name: Cricket
    APN : Internet
    Proxy: wap.mycricket.com:8080
    Port: 8080
    Username (phonenumber)@mycricket.com
    password: cricket
    Server: wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: (not Set)
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 004
    Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
    APN type: default,mms,dun

Using GreenK45 Free - This has always worked for me

running old $35 paygo -

Never once have I ever had issues accessing the internet or sending and receiving mms.

Now, though there are still no issues with internet, mms is a total bust. The only way I can send is through GoShare, and I cannot receive any at all. I have tried Handcent, GoSMS, and the normal messaging app. I have the same issues with all of them. I cannot send or receive anything, with the exception of being able to send using GoShare in GoSMS.

Droid Pro

running 2.3.5
    sbf'ed to 2.3.3 then flashed to 2.3.5 then flashed to CyanogenMod 7.1.0 RC1-Venus2-KANG w/ prl 35313
    using Bootstrap and Clockwork, I installed the cricket edify v10 mms fix.
    Used Voice Dialer apn backup etc., to set the apn to

Name: Cricket
    APN : Internet
    Proxy: wap.mycricket.com:8080
    Port: 8080
    Username (phonenumber)@mycricket.com
    password: cricket
    Server: wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: (not Set)
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 004
    Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
    APN type: default,mms,dun
    APN protocol: IPV4/IPV6

Using GreenK45 Free - This has always worked for me.

running $45 monthly plan

Internet has always worked, always. MMS has kind of been hit or miss for awhile. Now, MMS won't work at all except same as above, I can send through GoShare in GoSMS. It will not work in any other program. It will not work in default messaging app. I cannot receive mms in any form through any app. Also, as a sidenote, for whatever reason, the wifi wont connect either. It will say connecting, and then just says error.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by jnk2469; 07-22-2012 at 11:10 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

I would suggest moving up from the $45 a change is coming to cricket August 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    I would suggest moving up from the $45 a change is coming to cricket August 1st
    That may be applicable with the Droid X, but not the Droid Pro, as the Pro is already on the $45 monthly, and they both have the same issue... So I am really thinking that this is not a plan issue.

The Droid X has been flashed back when the $35 plan was the old version before it revamped, and for some reason, I had all the old stuff with it... GreenK45 works with it...

well, did anyways. Both can use the internet, neither can send or receive mms....

I just have to comment on this thread because I have been thinking the same shit for the last few days espe..no...last few weeks, that this DroidX is fukin up and wtf is up with that? It's a fact, this shit is just..worse for some reason which is why I've been running stock since the last ota because I thought it'd help if it ran in it's natural environment...but nope. Thinking of switching to this HTC Hero I just came up on

Okay, no comments or suggestions... that's weird for this site... anyways, here's a new development....

I uninstalled GoLauncher from both of these phones. On the Droid X, it didn't change a thing, except now the phone doesn't look as cool as it did, lol

On the Droid Pro, however, I temporarily (2 days) gained the ability to send and receive mms. Weird, right? However, as of yesterday, I almost never have the green 3g icon, instead, when I have 3g, its the white one. Most of the time, however, I don't have any 3g. This is out of nowhere. I have always had really good service on this phone. I do a battery pull, Ive done a normal reboot, nothing seems to offer a permanent resolution, and again I am back to no mms.

I realize I am no special case here, but if someone could please find the time to help me with this, I would really appreciate it. IF, and I mean IF, I can get the Droid Pro working, I WILL upgrade the Droid X to $45. As of now, though, the Pro is on the $45 and experiencing the same problems.

Again, if someone would please help me with this, this has begun to affect my work and that is something I really can't afford. Thank you in advance....

Btw, I tried to pm chrisngrod (did I spell that right?) as one of these discussion boards said, but I got an automated reply that he doesn't answer pms. I'm willing to try everything and anything.... please, help me out here.

RE:

O Lord! Ima bout 2 flash a Droid X myself! I've rooted phones, jailbroken phones, jailbroke PS3's, modded XBOX 360's & Nintendo Wii's but I've never attempted to flash a phone from 1 carrier 2 another! Wish I could help u & I hope like hell if the same thing happens 2 me that I can b helped! Lol subscribing 2 this thread 4sure! If I succeed I'll try 2 help u out! Wish me luck lol (gotta Droid X for $35 on Craigslist, so I couldn't pass it up!)

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

strange that it was working and it just stopped. Edit your APN and set the proxy right and you should be able to send and receive MMS if not then might be an account issue or might be a network issue

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    strange that it was working and it just stopped. Edit your APN and set the proxy right and you should be able to send and receive MMS if not then might be an account issue or might be a network issue

You said to edit my APNS and set the proxy right. I have my settings listed above. Are they incorrect? If so, what should the settings be?

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gh0stw34p0nx View Post
    O Lord! Ima bout 2 flash a Droid X myself! I've rooted phones, jailbroken phones, jailbroke PS3's, modded XBOX 360's & Nintendo Wii's but I've never attempted to flash a phone from 1 carrier 2 another! Wish I could help u & I hope like hell if the same thing happens 2 me that I can b helped! Lol subscribing 2 this thread 4sure! If I succeed I'll try 2 help u out! Wish me luck lol (gotta Droid X for $35 on Craigslist, so I couldn't pass it up!)

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Thread Information