Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    OG D, DX

Fully flashed Droid X - Data suddenly lost

Scroll to bottom for Tl;dr...

Back in December I bought a stock Droid X. I rooted, flashed MIUI, then fully flashed it to Cricket (Thanks to the forum for QPST settings).
    Now this is where it gets weird. Everything was working fine: talk, text, data (no mms since its not in the plan) BUT at this point I had only loaded the 42900 PRL and written the 12 NV items from Whiterabbit. I did NOT change (or set) any APN settings and none were selected (green dotted), and I did NOT use u2nl. Like I said, data was working fine and the 3G icon was visible.

About a week ago my data stopped working. I did not install any app, nor did I flash any roms. The 3G icon now shows that data is going out (uploading) but is not receiving any data (downloading). I then manually added the $45 cricket APN, saved, selected, and restarted the DX about 3 times. Data still did not work, it would only show the 3G upload symbol. Call/txt still work fine.

Now my question is this, what in the world happened that would cause me to loose data overnight?

Tl;Dr = DX 3G working fine for 2 months, then one day it stops working. No APNs used EVER before; put Cricket APN, still not working. What gives?

Also the phone is in the "Cricket All In $35" plan. The previous phone was a OG Droid (A855) with the same plan. 3G and mms (?) worked fine.

2. Remove this advertisement.

I am having the same problem ... but cannot find any answers.. did you ever get it working?

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

If ur on 45 plan u need I enable proxy setting with greenk45 app or autostart and/or anycut method to get proxy setting I enable market or apps.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

what if it errors? It asks me if the 3g logo is visible in the notification bar.. but only has ok. What would cause my internet capabilities to just stop?

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    feb 2012
    Phone
    Droid X2

Well, I am not an expert, BUT the $35 dollars plan does not say it has any kind of data.
    I have heard only some people can have everything working for 35 a month but is a secret , can you imagine if we all could do it?
    To have DATA at least you need the 45 plan and use an app from the market called greenK or use the old hack.
    If you did Have data on a 35 plan ,well id say you got lucky on some software or somebody's error.

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by booteh87 View Post
    what if it errors? It asks me if the 3g logo is visible in the notification bar.. but only has ok. What would cause my internet capabilities to just stop?
    Make sure u have su update with busybox installer from the market. There no trick to it. As long as u have unlimited data or ur on the 30 plan and pay for $5 unlimited data.

What u need: root, update su, greenk45 or autostart, and maybe mess with the proxy setting to make the apps and market work.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

I am on the $45.. I just wanted to know if he found out what was wrong with his. Ihave all of the programs.. I am not sure about the update su. I have messed around with it alot, changing the proxy, reflashing,, factory reset.. and still not even an icon for internet other than wireless. It wont even try to connect. It was working fine a week ago..

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Update your prl to a hybrid

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

When using greenk leave proxy settings blank

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ok, I will try that.. ty

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

I did what you said and It could actually find my ip, which is a big change. I was checking my apns and chose the cricket not verizon then nothing.. same ip unreachable. Just starting over now.. gonna do all that again.

ok.. just to update. I redid everything. I have superuser elite, easybox, and all the other root apps.. then greenk45 still wont work because my phone is no longer able to even display the 3g icon. I am about ready to give up.. spent too many nights trying to figure it out. Short of paying someone $60 and that is if they can even do it. It wont even find my ip addr. network is still unknown and mobile network status is connecting.. which is as good as it gets.

Phone
    3VO

I think this is what it should be the problem with your phone. When you were on android plan you were set as a android phone in Model. You should move yourself to a non-android phone or maybe a different model. This is one, that I think should be your problem. The other can be a fix if maybe some setting got change may have remove web. Use the Rsdlite to put your phone back to stock and re-root your phone. Re-Flash your phone and install either greenk45 or autostart.

Phone
    OG D, DX

Wow, I forgot about this thread. What i did was call cricket and told the CS agent that i was having problems with calling/texting/internet. She said she would "refresh" my account and to run the *228 in 15 min.
    I just turned off the phone for 30 min and when it turned on my 3G was working great with no APNs set, no proxy, and no u2nl.

Unfortunately I later updated to MIUI 2.1.20 and lost data/mms. I've tried everything and still no dice.
    Btw, I was on the 2012.1.8 build before.

My plan is weird. I'm on a $35, 1.5yr old grandfathered plan. It's strange b/c I could send/receive mms.

Thread Information