Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garbage

Overall activity: 2.0%

Garbage

They tell u on the website u get unlimited web its a lie 1gb are u serious I pay 67$ a month I have huawei ascend2 garbage.... I tried watch vid on u tube vid froze friend wit 3 yr old verizon watched vid before mine even came up... So my question to cricket is in the begining this phone was a bargain how are u gonna keep your customers when bigger competitors promise better price an better service. I have been loyal to your service an you have gouged my pockets for the last time. Next month I will switch to any other service that is cheaper you are selling paper wieghts not androids...... GOOD BYE FAIRWELL...! Hello better service

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Samsung Indulge

Which competitor offers a better price on unlimited talk/text/1GB data on an Android?

Can you pass a credit check? If so, check out Sprint if you need unlimited data. Oh...I just re-read...you want to pay LESS. Good luck with that.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

So if youre leaving Cricket, why did you come here?
    Things to remember about this forum:
    It's not owned by Cricket
    It's not affiliated with Cricket
    It's not staffed by Cricket
    We don't forward complaints to Cricket.

That said, welcome to the forum. If you have an issue you'd like to specify, I am sure someone here will try to help.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    So if youre leaving Cricket, why did you come here?
    Things to remember about this forum:
    It's not owned by Cricket
    It's not affiliated with Cricket
    It's not staffed by Cricket
    We don't forward complaints to Cricket.

That said, welcome to the forum. If you have an issue you'd like to specify, I am sure someone here will try to help.
    +1 to what he said

+

Most people's arguments look better if they are properly written out and appear that them come from a credible source. All I saw was "I write like a 3 yr old".

Cricket isn't for everyone. Data hogs, you might want to look elsewhere. I have two Verizon lines as well, but I love Cricket still. This Droid 4 would really tick me off if I had to pay Verizon prices to have it. I had to put up 800 bucks for deposit for my fiance to start these lines. No credit or bad credit... Get your wallet out.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 02-16-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

And of course this "drive by" poster will never come back ..... Ok found the upside all on my own.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

My guess is this guy has a Boost mobile store in a town full of Cricket.

The "unlimited" term doesn't mean the service is without limits anymore. Cricket will tell you it is unlimited, meaning your service doesn't stop. They do, however, limit your data speeds. It isn't truly unlimited, and if you are looking for true unlimited I'd suggest Sprint like the member above mentioned.

You can search for alternatives to Cricket, but chances are, the speeds will be slow all the time, or it will be unlimited for a while until the policy changes. Currently, Virgin Mobile is unlimited, but I've heard reports of slow data speeds in areas, and there has also been talk about throttling (which is what Cricket does currently). You might be interested in this thread in regards to Virgin Mobile and throttling:
    True Unlimited Data - For How Long?

Your bill is probably $67 per month because you have something else added on the plan, such as insurance or Muve Music. If you're looking to save some money, you can remove them from the plan.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    The "unlimited" term doesn't mean the service is without limits anymore. Cricket will tell you it is unlimited, meaning your service doesn't stop. They do, however, limit your data speeds. It isn't truly unlimited, and if you are looking for true unlimited I'd suggest Sprint like the member above mentioned.

You can search for alternatives to Cricket, but chances are, the speeds will be slow all the time, or it will be unlimited for a while until the policy changes. Currently, Virgin Mobile is unlimited, but I've heard reports of slow data speeds in areas, and there has also been talk about throttling (which is what Cricket does currently). You might be interested in this thread in regards to Virgin Mobile and throttling:
    True Unlimited Data - For How Long?

Your bill is probably $67 per month because you have something else added on the plan, such as insurance or Muve Music. If you're looking to save some money, you can remove them from the plan.
    emphasis mine...

It is truly unlimited. It will work and give you unlimited access to the web. It will NOT be full speed all the time. People are just as guilty of assuming unlimited means a certain thing as are some carriers at redefining it.
    Nowhere does Cricket say "unlimited at full speed".

I'll sit here patiently waiting for the drive by to post the specs of his/her replacement service and the details on how it's cheaper.

emphasis mine...

It is truly unlimited. It will work and give you unlimited access to the web. It will NOT be full speed all the time. People are just as guilty of assuming unlimited means a certain thing as are some carriers at redefining it.
    Nowhere does Cricket say "unlimited at full speed".

I'll sit here patiently waiting for the drive by to post the specs of his/her replacement service and the details on how it's cheaper.
    I guess you're right. They allow people to access the web as much as they want. It definitely can get confusing though.

I've seen people complaining that they're not told about the throttling when they're making the purchase.

Woof, at your store, do you tell the customer that it will slow down after 1 GB, or do you just tell them it is unlimited data? Have you ever had customers come in upset about the throttling? If so, what is usually your response?

I understand why people are getting upset, but at the same time if the salesperson were to say "Just so you know, your speeds will slow down to a speed that is almost unusable." then they'd be losing customers. So, I'm trying to understand both positions here..

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I guess you're right. They allow people to access the web as much as they want. It definitely can get confusing though.

I've seen people complaining that they're not told about the throttling when they're making the purchase.

Woof, at your store, do you tell the customer that it will slow down after 1 GB, or do you just tell them it is unlimited data? Have you ever had customers come in upset about the throttling? If so, what is usually your response?

I understand why people are getting upset, but at the same time if the salesperson were to say "Just so you know, your speeds will slow down to a speed that is almost unusable." then they'd be losing customers. So, I'm trying to understand both positions here..
    I tell everyone about the 1 gb limit. Ok I try to tell everyone. I usually do as part of the wifi explanation.

I tell everyone about the 1 gb limit. Ok I try to tell everyone. I usually do as part of the wifi explanation.
    That's good.. That's a good idea to mention WiFi also. That can really help.

Overall activity: 2.0%

I feel if you use more than 1 gb you need to get a life beyond your phone.
    Last edited by captainkirks; 02-17-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    I feel if you use more than 1 gb you need to get a like beyond your phone.
    These are my feelings exactly.. I have no idea how a grown person has time to play games, download apps and watch videos that often.. Even if they're killing time and being unproductive at work...

Don't you have something to do, family, a significant other? If not, get your face out of the phone and acquire some.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    I feel if you use more than 1 gb you need to get a like beyond your phone.
    Exactly, people should stop complaining that they cant use their phone like a gaming computer. It's a phone first!!

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

lol, i do use quite a few GB for streaming music, radio, sharing pictures, etc etc. . over wifi. i explain to customers "there are only so many gigabytes on a tower and to be 'fair' cricket makes sure everyone gets the same usage with the 'fair usage policy'" yes i know this is not exactly the truth, but most of my customers are like 3 year olds and this over simplified explanation placates them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information