Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Dec 2011
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

How might Cricket & AT&T signals work together?

From my understanding, right now Cricket uses CDMA for voice and 3G data. Cricket also has roaming agreements with Sprint to use their CDMA towers.

For 4G LTE coverage, from what I can figure out Crickets phones use Band 4 (except the Galaxy S 4 which also does Band 25). Sprint only does Band 25. So for most phones they won't be able to roam to Sprints towers, only Crickets?

Once AT&T merges with Cricket, they have 4G LTE Band 4 towers. So does that mean that users could use CDMA on Sprint for voice and AT&T for 4G?

Here in Milwaukee Cricket doesn't have 4G coverage yet, but I see that Sprint and AT&T both have it completely covered. So I'm trying to understand all of this tower configuration, why my speeds are so slow, and what my options are. Any help (or pointers) appreciated!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Customer Since
    May 2011
    Phone
    Droid Razr

When the merger is complete Cricket will no longer control or have any CDMA network/devices in use. In order to use AT&T's network once the transistion has started you will need a GSM (not CDMA) Phone which means you will not be able to use Sprint's network.

Thread Information