Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Member
    Points: 2,884, Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    mexiking713's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    213
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE



    I've passed 1gb on $55 plan. Now what?

    I passed the 1gb by 36mb yesterday. How long till cricket slows me down and how bad is it going to get? This is the first full month I'm on the $55 plan.

    Send from my HTC EVO powered by MikG v2.41

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Member
    Points: 1,888, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    kennyfool's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    134
    Phone
    Droid X



    Quote Originally Posted by mexiking713 View Post
    I passed the 1gb by 36mb yesterday. How long till cricket slows me down and how bad is it going to get? This is the first full month I'm on the $55 plan.

    Send from my HTC EVO powered by MikG v2.41



    Your speeds will slow to about .10 mbps untilled your next billing cycle. It sucks.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Yeah, that's one thing that I really don't like about Cricket. If I switch to Virgin Mobile that will be my main reason.

  5. #4
    Member
    Points: 2,884, Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    mexiking713's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    213
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE



    I'm at about 1gb and 50 mb. Haven't really seen a slow down. Ima try to hit 2 gb

    Send from my HTC EVO powered by MikG v2.41

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Points: 921, Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0%
    Ked King KaeDee's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20



    WiFi also?

    Does this include the speeds for using WiFi or for internet pass through with pc as well do u know by ne chance?

  7. #6
    Member
    Points: 1,888, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    kennyfool's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    134
    Phone
    Droid X



    Quote Originally Posted by Ked King KaeDee View Post
    Does this include the speeds for using WiFi or for internet pass through with pc as well do u know by ne chance?
    Throttling is only for mobile data. You can use WiFi as much as you want.

  8. #7
    Member
    Points: 2,884, Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    mexiking713's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    213
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE



    This month Im at 2.108 GB. Again I have not seen the big slow down in data that others experience. This is my data usage as stated in the mycricket website
    September, 2011 2.108 GB



    September, 2010 1.706 GB
    October, 2010 0.918 GB
    November, 2010 2.218 GB
    December, 2010 3.729 GB
    January, 2011 1.543 GB
    February, 2011 1.297 GB
    March, 2011 2.294 GB
    April, 2011 3.223 GB
    May, 2011 1.891 GB
    June, 2011 2.548 GB
    July, 2011 1.638 GB
    August, 2011 1.219 GB
    September, 2011 2.108 GB

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by mexiking713 View Post
    This month Im at 2.108 GB. Again I have not seen the big slow down in data that others experience. This is my data usage as stated in the mycricket website
    September, 2011 2.108 GB





    September, 2010 1.706 GB
    October, 2010 0.918 GB
    November, 2010 2.218 GB
    December, 2010 3.729 GB
    January, 2011 1.543 GB
    February, 2011 1.297 GB
    March, 2011 2.294 GB
    April, 2011 3.223 GB
    May, 2011 1.891 GB
    June, 2011 2.548 GB
    July, 2011 1.638 GB
    August, 2011 1.219 GB
    September, 2011 2.108 GB
    Do you ever remember being throttled? Maybe in April or December?

  10. #9
    Member
    Points: 2,884, Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    mexiking713's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    213
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Do you ever remember being throttled? Maybe in April or December?
    I've been on the $55 plan since July. I have my girlfriends EVO on my account but she is in the $45 plan. She stays home and her phone is always on WiFi. I do about 90% of the data usage

    Sent from my HTC Evo in 3D

  11. #10
    Colione
    Guest



    The throttling is on a market by market basis. So it really depends on how congested the network in your area gets and how your usage is affecting it. Of course markets with less congestion are going to throttle less because they want to use that bandwidth and it gets them good word of mouth. In a bigger market (philly, chicago) they're going to throttle more because more people are on the network. This is how it was explained during a visit with a network tech a few months ago...

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by Colione View Post
    The throttling is on a market by market basis. So it really depends on how congested the network in your area gets and how your usage is affecting it. Of course markets with less congestion are going to throttle less because they want to use that bandwidth and it gets them good word of mouth. In a bigger market (philly, chicago) they're going to throttle more because more people are on the network. This is how it was explained during a visit with a network tech a few months ago...
    Is it possible that they will throttle more in Philly than a small town outside of Philly, or will the throttling be the same regardless of where you are in the market?

  13. #12
    Colione
    Guest



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Is it possible that they will throttle more in Philly than a small town outside of Philly, or will the throttling be the same regardless of where you are in the market?
    It is a market by market basis. So Philly, Delaware and Jersey are considered 1 market under the cluster's they use, so it'd be the same in AC as it is in Vineland or Reading.

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by Colione View Post
    It is a market by market basis. So Philly, Delaware and Jersey are considered 1 market under the cluster's they use, so it'd be the same in AC as it is in Vineland or Reading.
    Alright, thanks for the information.

  15. #14
    Member
    Points: 829, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    blankiss's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    86
    Phone
    huawei ascend



    time to use wifi whenever available lol

  16. #15
    Colione
    Guest



    Just an FYI to everyone. There are rumors of giving customers the ability to increase their data plan via an add on plan. Don't hold me to it, but the rumors I usually hear usually are true.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FAQ: Is 411 included with my plan?
    By avenue in forum General Discussion / FAQ
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 08:47 PM
  2. Youtube Video $45 Plan vs $55 Android Plan
    By Chris Rodriguez in forum Flashed Android (Google) OS Devices
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 08:05 AM
  3. Create Your Plan!
    By avenue in forum General Discussion / FAQ
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 07:57 AM
  4. HTC EVO Shift 4G might have passed FCC approval?
    By CU-News in forum Android News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 07:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner