Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0%

Losing internet access due to Cricket Tethering webpage constantly

Have any of you been affected with the new cricket tethering policy? I have. Recently while im surfing online on my Flashed Evo 3d on every browser i tried i get the Cricket tethering page on my phone after a certain time using the internet. Saying that my phone is tethering. Which im not. Im just browsing online. This makes me lose my internet. which affects my ebay app and other apps that require an internet connection. Anyway to avoid this. I don't want to pay 10 dollars on my 55 dollar plan just so i can stop that annoying webpage message and getting my internet cut off.

I found out that i have to turn off my phone and go to my recovery and clear cache...and dalvik cache. After i turn it on it is temporarily fixed but i receive the webpage again after a while.

Any info or help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove this advertisement.

I'm not aware of a solution, but I have heard of others having the problem, even with Cricket branded phones, such as the Huawei Mercury. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Overall activity: 12.0%

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I'm not aware of a solution, but I have heard of others having the problem, even with Cricket branded phones, such as the Huawei Mercury. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    This does happen and has happened to me. The quick fix is to delete the browser history/cache in your phone. To tether internet from a windows machine without paying the $10 fee, you actually need to change the defaultttl settings in registry

Phone
    LG Optimus C

I get this every now and then where my mobile web will disconnect on me and my phone tries to redirect to the tethering page (but never actually loads it). When I put it on airplane mode and back on again it works again, though it seems like certain pages are causing it like when I go to gmail and it tries to connect to google chat, sometimes it just goes out randomly. I guess Cricket just keeps trying to waste their time with this anti-tethering nonsense.

Posted using a PC tethered to a Cricket Wireless phone.
    Last edited by funnyboy243; 03-02-2012 at 12:33 AM.

You're not the only one. I've noticed it happening more frequently on my Epic 4G, though it may be due to using the 3G network more often since I no longer have wired internet at my house. I'm not talking about tethering, just browsing on the phone.

I can usually get it to go away by turning on flight mode for a minute or two, but who wants to do that five or six times a day? It's becoming a major inconvenience and is starting to get on my nerves.
    Last edited by Hesster; 03-04-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

I would reflash your phone to see if it would fix the issue.

Not sure what effect reflashing would have. It has the latest PRL and OTA works fine. Internet works fine when it's not throwing up that infuriating tethering page. Everything was hunky dory before this whole tethering nonsense started. I really don't want to reload my ROM, since the latest version includes a modem update, which would require going through the flashing process all over again.

It's just rediculous the number of times a day this stupid block comes up. Seriously, it came up halfway through loading this page, and I had to cycle through flight mode three times to get it to work so I could make this post.

Anyone know a solution for this other than buying the damn tethering feature? It's happening at least three or four times a day and it seems completely random. It will work for awhile, then I'll go to a site like ebay and the damn screen will come up. I cycle through flight mode and clearing the cache a few times, and it may or may not fix the problem. Today I rebooted the phone, and five minutes later the problem was back. I'm seriously considering switching carriers over this, because at $65 a month I could get service from a carrier with a larger, faster network.

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

Make sure you have you're phone set to view webpages in mobile view. Should be in settings, mine did this and one I put it in mobile view I haven't seen that since

OH THANK GOD, IT WORKED!

I had Dolphin set on desktop mode because I usually don't like sites formatted for phones and it was easier than hunting down a switch link on the page. Come to think of it, the page would usually start showing up after visiting a site with a separate mobile site. I wonder if Dolphin was setting it off by querying the mobile site first then switching to desktop? I was getting so frustrated I was about ready to throw my phone against the wall.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

+1 thank you! Cant believe i overlooked that! I just about threw my epic a couple times i was so frustrated.

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

Very welcome glad it worked

Well, i got excited a bit early. At first it seemed to solve the problem but now its back and worse. I have maybe 4 pages untill i get it. Tried it with dolphin, firefox, and stock browser all set to mobile view. I did notice that even with dolphin (which i use most) even if it is set to mobile view some pages dont seem to use it. For example, google .com gives me an error message when i toggle mobile view saying it isnt possible for that page!?! Wtf? It happens if im trying to access the market (it notifies me of lost connection) or if im using an ap like the on.e for this forum. Ive done everything i know to do, searched every forum (this one was the only one i even found a thread describing my problem) , ive called cust service who obviously didnt understand my issue, all to no avail. Im going to keep trying customer service to see if i can by chance get the US center. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A couple of other notes, my wife has a optimus s on the same account i flashed over from sprint and has the same problem but not nearly as much. One other oddity is that right before i get the tethering page of death the ad-sense banners on whatever site im on are advertising the $10 cricket tethering plan!

Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the page as well. Not as often as I used to, but it still appears. Now that Straight Talk is offering a bring your own device program on GSM phones (including smartphones) with 'unlimited' everything and access to the native carrier's high speed networks for $45 a month, I'm having a hard time justifying staying with Cricket.

I really love my Epic and I haven't found an affordable GSM phone with a keyboard that I like as much. I guess my other option is to buy a junked Boost Mobile phone and transfer the ESN/MEID into the Epic and activate it on Boost.

Up until now I've been pretty happy with the service, to the point where I bought a cheap Verizon perpaid for intermittent use in my office, which is the only place I don't get Cricket service. It really stinks this policy is driving customers away.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the page as well. Not as often as I used to, but it still appears. Now that Straight Talk is offering a bring your own device program on GSM phones (including smartphones) with 'unlimited' everything and access to the native carrier's high speed networks for $45 a month, I'm having a hard time justifying staying with Cricket.

I really love my Epic and I haven't found an affordable GSM phone with a keyboard that I like as much. I guess my other option is to buy a junked Boost Mobile phone and transfer the ESN/MEID into the Epic and activate it on Boost.

Up until now I've been pretty happy with the service, to the point where I bought a cheap Verizon perpaid for intermittent use in my office, which is the only place I don't get Cricket service. It really stinks this policy is driving customers away.
    I read through this quickly. Is everyone here on the 45 dollar plan? If you are on the 45 dollar plan, what method are you using for proxy?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information