Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

msimeowmix

Missed calls/duplicate texts (Baltimore, MD)

I get text messages that were sent over a year ago, that I never received when they were sent. Sort of difficult to explain text messages from an ex boyfriend from a year ago to your current boyfriend.

Also get missed calls without my phone ringing, with no apps to block calls on it.
    Last edited by admin; 05-01-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Title to reflect location.

2. Remove this advertisement.

What kind of phone do you have?

From time to time we experience duplicate texts down here in Austin/Round Rock. I don't know how ones that old could be resent in the system.

msimeowmix

Huawei Ascend (I know it's cheap ). This happened when I had a msgm8 too!

You don't use Google Voice do you? Do you have a quick list of apps that you do have installed?

I'd go to Market, hit the menu button and go to My Apps. Should show what non system apps you've installed.

msimeowmix

I do not use google voice, i think it is loaded on my phone but I have an auto task killer to kill the process. I'll remove it.

Should I do this now or after my service has been restored?

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

When I switched to custom ROMs, the duplicate messages stopped for me. Just FYI

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 2.0%

You can go ahead and do it now if you don't use it. That's not like the source of your problems. If you ever forwarded your number using *74 or something like that, it might be causing problems.

Our flashed phones usually do very well. It might be software based.

CricketRepTommyD

Actually, its all in our network programming.. The thing thats causing that is a failure to send message that pings our system back as not sent, when that happens, the system automatically regenerates the message to be sent out, as all computer systems, there is a glitch that makes it happen multiple times..(remember the windows vista loop messages?) similar to that.. Its actually to help out, but it does the opposite and gets annoying. As for the old messages coming in, the system may have somehow showed the system date as the same dates the messages were sent, causing them to be resent.(just a guess). And for the missed calls.. That is currently being worked on by our techs.

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by CricketRepTommyD View Post
    Actually, its all in our network programming.. The thing thats causing that is a failure to send message that pings our system back as not sent, when that happens, the system automatically regenerates the message to be sent out, as all computer systems, there is a glitch that makes it happen multiple times..(remember the windows vista loop messages?) similar to that.. Its actually to help out, but it does the opposite and gets annoying. As for the old messages coming in, the system may have somehow showed the system date as the same dates the messages were sent, causing them to be resent.(just a guess). And for the missed calls.. That is currently being worked on by our techs.
    So this has been a KNOW issue by Cricket for a while now right? Do you know what is currently being done about it?
    I would get messages up to 5 times on my ascend. It got SUPER frustrating. Flashing a ROM def helps.

Thread Information