Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    feb 2012
    Phone
    Droid X2

Missterious problem with Cricket porting a Number...

Hello, (sorry if I posted on the wrong place)
    Anyways, I am trying to get information to help the customer service reps at cricket.
    Allow me to explain:

I convinced mother to switch to cricket,,, I explained the coverage and this and that..blah.
    I get a Cricket Account 03/15/12.
    However I had to give mother my X2 (ugh)
    Well everything is working fine.

Right away I call the port number department and it begins.
    1 day , as usual (for previous experience) NOTHING, really annoying lady..

2 day ,You gotta always Double check!, As usual ,a mistake...wrong account number,,

Just to check ,I dial the old number every couple of hours...and It says "the cricket number you called is no longer in service" AT THIS POINT, i know the number is already with cricket.

3rd day I call again just to make sure everything is fine..... But a man tells me there is a mistake, they put in the process the porting number was coming from t-mobile (??). He "escalates" the issue to god or something (lol)

later on ,actually 8 hrs later, I call again and surprisingly this guy takes my call again, and tells me to wait and be patient and gets my number and blah blah...

4th day Monday, I call just to double check (or push :P) this thing and a lady answers, I explain myself...poorly...i guess.....and then she mentions that the problem was the account where that number belonged was cancelled ... I didnt say anything about it, but instead I explain again the situation.

Somehow, she kinda gets it... but I can see she is confused (she realized whatever she told me, was wrong)
    She puts me on hold forever and gives me the option to get the people who actually make the porting (a different company,?) or to wait.
    So I say to her: I need help, what can you do? she says, I just see an error on my screen...
    So she made another report to be "escalated" to the porting people again. and Wait 24 hours.

I can already "sense" they re not gonna solve anything.... so basically what can I do?
    So far The number already belongs to cricket.
    I was thinking to use the "change your phone number" link on mycricket.com and try to get the number I want?
    or can a cricket dealer "re-activate that number" somehow?(is gonna be expensive I can figure)

Does it make any sense? ,lol, well, Thank you for your time and hopefully anybody here can help or at least provide a phone number so i can call.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

the best i can do is give you the porting center number 1-866-351-7678

the account must be active you wish to switch the number to cricket. you cannot switch a cricket number to cricket. if any information at all is wrong on the port request it will not go through. 'escalated' means they put in a trouble ticket or re-submit the port request which can take 24-48 hours. trouble tickets can take up to 7 business days to be taken care of, and if they made a trouble ticket you will get a ticket number.

Customer Since
    feb 2012
    Phone
    Droid X2

well, I will ask for the ticket number tomorrow when I call again.
    So basically we just have to wait and pray for them to pull it right???

thank you for the info
    Last edited by gigaferz; 03-20-2012 at 12:49 AM.

Overall activity: 2.0%

Were both ports under the same name? If the first number was under your moms name and you hook up the cricket phone in your name it will not port. Also make sure the first number was not cancel. When the port goes though it will cancel automatic from the old carrier.

Customer Since
    feb 2012
    Phone
    Droid X2

Let me provide some info:

Mother's account was a Pay as you go At&t, However the NAME on the account was "PREPAID CUSTOMER", I mentioned a couple of times to the ladies and gentlemen reps.
    And ,no, since it's her phone number , I got her OWN account with cricket.

The number with at&T had just ran out of credit, BUT to cancel any account (even prepaid) I believe is a 30 to 90 day period until they cancel .

So Yesterday I called again, Now they are escalating this issue to a team (?) called "PETA" (or feta ,lol) and hopefully they will get something done, there were 3 errors on the record of the port.
    He wouldnt tell me, however I did NOT ask directly...anyways
    I did ask for a ticket number and looks like they do not do it anymore,
    Well I'll call later before they close.
    Thanks !!

Customer Since
    feb 2012
    Phone
    Droid X2

I just dialed the number i wanted to port and...sends me to voice mail..!!!
    and I dialed the temp cricket number....is out of service!!!!! yay!!!

I guess what I learned is to keep calling until they get it done, if not...well.... can you imagine if youre a salesman and lost your number, like, forever....???? anyways....
    thank for your feedback, I apreciate your bussiness

Thread Information