Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

That's partially correct, your 3G connection doesn't shut off completely with Wifi on and your MMS should still work. If you're phone hasn't been able to send mms while connected to Wifi it has been broke since you bought it or you don't know what you're talking about. When you send an MMS while connected to Wifi the phone should suspend the wifi connection for a moment and send the MMS through your 3G connection. The only time your 3G connection is actually turned off is when you turn it off manually or for whatever reason your icon(s) turn white. The update has, for whatever reason, borked some people's Mercurys from being able to manage these connections properly to send MMS and Cricket is LYING about it to their customers. This thread is proof and I intend to print this out and take it into the store with me when I go in tomorrow and demand they either fix my phone or give me a new one for free. Otherwise my next step is going to be seeking out legal council b/c this is total BS and they know it.
    Last edited by SilverRain79; 04-28-2012 at 04:42 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    htc one sv

well good luck with that sir cause you are gonna need it cause you know juat as well as i do they are gonna tell you there is nothing wrong with your phone and will not replace it once again good luck to you

Phone
    Mercury

I think the majority of our problems are WIFI and 3g related since we did some troubleshooting of our own. We can't have WIFI enabled when we send a picture it will not send with it on. I have always been able to send MMS messages prior to the update, after i updated that's when it would not allow me to send mms anymore.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

@ drob - Thanks, but I don't need luck... I've got determination and documented proof that this issue is network wide and not an isolated event. So, other than how MMS works, you seem to be very knowledgeable about other Cricket phones and processes, or at least that's what I gathered from your posting history... Do you work for Cricket or a retailer?

@ Teck - I'm going to see if there is someway for them to reflash my phone back to the original firmware when I go in tomorrow. There's got be a copy of that firmware somewhere... I found a website when I had my Ascend that had copies of almost all of Cricket's original firmwares but I can't find it, I'm sure it was probably shut down. I guess I should just be patient and hope for the best but I have a feeliing Cricket is just trying to sweep this under the rug.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Error 98 after recent update..anyone get this? - Android Forums

I found more users having the same issue... They can't ignore this much longer...

Last edited by SilverRain79; 04-28-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Customer Since
    June 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by drob6368 View Post
    wow never realized how may peolpe where having problem with there mms i guess i just lucked out cause mine has worked perfect since the update i could be wrong about this but i was allways told for mms to work on the merc you had to have you 3g active for it to work i have noticed that as soon as i shut off my 3g mms will stop working and it has never worked with my wifi even before the update
    Well, I settled on the Merc for long call time primarily so ok for now. lol..... I am a tech industry worker so I found it interesting that Android devices are essentially Linux Computers. In toys it is definitely numbah 1 but for pure business I still like the BlackBerry though RIM isn't doing too well stateside these days.... Particularly if driving.
    The iphone/Android way requires WAAAY too much attention to the phone if you are doing anything other than receiving a call or calling out while driving.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

We have 2 Mercury's here and there's definitely a problem with the muve update, both phones wouldn't send MMS after the update 90% of the time and disabling Wifi only helped a little (still had a lot of failures) I tried doing everything I could to fix it, I even did a factory reset / wiped cache partitions etc. every time I got MMS working again it was only temporary and the problem would return.

I said the heck with it and installed custom recovery + Revokter on one phone and Optimized 2.3.6 ROM on the other, both phones work great now and MMS is back to normal even with Wifi enabled (Thanks to Oriax123 for these roms!).

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

See, I'm wary of going that route for a couple of reasons... 1. I keep hoping Cricket will release an update fix, 2. When I rooted/flashed my Ascend to CM7 my phone's clock stopped working properly and (as I use it for my alarm clock) it affected my job, and 3. If I do root/flash my phone it voids my warranty with Cricket... However, their insurance is kind of a huge joke anyway seeing as how you have to pay 1/2 of your phone's original price to replace it. *sigh* And I know what they're doing, they're hoping that the people too stupid to figure out what's going on will either use their insurance to replace perfectly good phones or root and void their warranties releasing Cricket from Liability. And I just want to crucify their sorry backsides for all to see... So which of the two ROM's you flashed do you prefer? And have you noticed any issues with either of them?
    Last edited by SilverRain79; 04-30-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Running custom recovery and revokster as well. I'm also running Zepps V6_SuperCharger. No issues here...

Sent from my Merc

Phone
    htc one sv

i think that since a huge number of people are having this problem i think it will be a matter of time before we see an update fix for this issue

Phone
    Mercury

one could hope at least. lol

Quote Originally Posted by drob6368 View Post
    i think that since a huge number of people are having this problem i think it will be a matter of time before we see an update fix for this issue

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Well I broke down and installed Custom Recovery and Optimized 2.3.6 by Oriax123, thanks Mathesar, and my Mercury is working perfectly now. And no idiotic Muve Music app on my phone. The infamous Muve Music Update let me know it was available, since it still saw me as SP02, and I ignored it. I figure if/when they do release a fix I might restore to my backup and run their fix, or I may just leave the custom rom on it since it works like a dream now. I don't really want to go flash happy on my phone, that's when my Ascend started acting stupid.

On a side note, I was a little annoyed that Oriax123 kept the Muve Music splash screen... Anybody know how to kill that? It's so GD annoying...

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

So cricket just called me and offered me a $30 credit... $20 to cover an in-store exchange for a new Mercury w/o the Muve Music Update on it and $10 for the inconvenience I've suffered. I WIN! MUWHAHAHAHA!!! Of course they still denied that there was any issue with the OTA update, or that anyone else had complained about the same issue... Which really would have made me giddy... But they admitted defeat, b/c if they'd really not been at fault I seriously doubt they would have made that offer to me... So I'll take that as an admission of guilt. =-D

So if you're one of the people being affected by this I urge you to contact customer service, or go into a corporate store, and reference this post... Hold them accountable and get your phones replaced and accounts credited. Or just root/flash and go on with your bad selfs... Either way, there's a couple of options for you. I have to say I was getting pretty pissed at Cricket over this issue... But the guy that called was nice, helpful, and perfectly willing to make the situation right. Regardless of whether or not that was genuine or them trying to fix a situation before it got out of hand... Either way, they probably just saved me as a customer.
    Last edited by SilverRain79; 05-02-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I went and exchanged my phone today... It was a hassle b/c the CSR at the store was determined to find some reason to not do the exchange but he eventually caved, albeit reluctantly. And, ironically enough, it was the douchebag that bold face lied to me the first time I brought it into the corporate store for this issue. The new Mercury's already have the 2.3.6 Android operating system and the 2.6.35.7-perf kernel... Which is what the update was supposedly supposed to do to the one's carrying 2.3.5... If they ever did, I'm beginning to wonder... So if you've bought a phone with the up to date firmware and you don't want Muve Music then there is NO reason to risk doing the update. He said *maybe* my update got screwed b/c I did it over Wifi and not on the Cricket 3G network, but whatever... I'm not risking the update a second time, especially since it apparently offers nothing other than Muve which, especially for someone like me that listens to obscure European electronic music, is a huge waste of time and money. Anyway, there ya have it. My saga is over. Ta da.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I'm working on the splash screen now will be ready next week ... its a 10 min hack but I don't have Linux here on flordia ... on vacation

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Somebody please tell me how to install revokster to fix the muve music issue. No one explains how, they jusy say to do it. Will it wipe my phone out? I don't want that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information