Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

ok after reading some of this, it made me want to register and tell my complete BS story about this crap update.

ok so i bought my mercury in feburary and had ZERO problems with it. it ran smoother than my 3 year olds butt. then i got a notice that there was a firmware update that needed to be downloaded. little did i know that this would totally destroy my beloved phone. so i downloaded it and within the first 30 seconds i knew there was trouble. my phone usually would go from off to on in less than a minute, and it took almost 3 minutes to turn its self back on. i thought perhaps it was just since it did an update that the phone was installing the update. BOY was i wrong... ok, so before installing the update, i backed up my information. after the install, my calender had been wiped clean. everything else was put in play, but not the most important thing on my phone. i mean, sure my contacts were all important, but the IMPORTANT numbers, i knew by heart, and the rest would be a quick sync from facebook away, but NO my calendar was erased. then about half the time i would open and try to update the wall on facebook, the app would crash, when i would go to my music downloader, crash, walgreens app, crash. so i go into cricket demanding help from them. they say oh sorry you are having problems, but you are the first person we have had complain about this. everyone else the update fixed all their problems. but it was huawei that did the update, not us. sorry your calendar was erased, and you missed a meeting that cost you a couple thousand dollars... but you need to complain to huawei, not us. so i just tried to deal with the crashes, the phone acting like it had spyware/adware on it, not being able to send pictures, and missing a couple appointments. then i gave in and called huawei. they quickly helped me fix my calendar, 2 days to late.... and told me, i dont know why they said we did that update, it was just about their music service, they did it. so both hands were pointing at the other. all the while cricket is telling me, you are the only person we have heard about having issues with this update...then i start getting error code 98... the girl at cricket says you can just turn off your wifi, take the battery out while the phone is off and leave the wifi off, i told her she was crazy. when i can use wifi i use it. i bought a phone with wifi on it, i was going to use it. she acted like she didnt believe me about the error code, so i sat outside and called 3 different people till i got the error message. i took it in to her and she documented it and said if i had the problem again to take it back to them and they would swap the phone out for a new one (with a 20 dollar charge which is BS) i did, then paid them, got a new phone. i was like at least i wont have that stupid a*s update on it, and they said i am afraid you will. we opened all boxes and updated everyone that we have. so yes, i get the new phone, go 2 days with no issues, now my phone is crap again, and they are not wanting to help me.

all the while, my wife has the same phone, and she updated hers the same time i did, and she hasnt had ANY problems with hers, and we have the SAME apps... wait a second, mine has DTS stereo on it, hers doesnt... could that make a difference?!?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    June 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I hear what you are saying and I have had additional problems as well. The MMS service dies upon bootup and bluetooth now gives an error "paired but not connected" and will not connect with the Huawei compatible Motorola bluetooth headset that worked so well with it for 2 weeks. Once I have some time in the future this phone is getting rooted and that good generic ROM I've seen talk of here put in.

Overall activity: 1.0%

i actually just went to complain to the corporate store about people getting credits to cover the cost of the swaps... they gave me a 20 credit, AND they told me that they were aware of the issue, and that there will be an updated firmware out within 2 weeks. so at least they are admitting there is an issue and they are trying to fix it. or they are flat out lying to me... this remains to be seen....

Customer Since
    June 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Well, hopefully they will update the firmware. Considering the experience I had with this one I will ask here and see what success others have had before installing the next one. And once I get one that works that's it!

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Having the same problem also. Called Cricket Tech Support dude pissed me off. But I have noticed that I can not send MMS if I have WIFI on. So if I turn it off and resend it the damn thing goes through but still takes about3-5 min to send.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmike1269 View Post
    Having the same problem also. Called Cricket Tech Support dude pissed me off. But I have noticed that I can not send MMS if I have WIFI on. So if I turn it off and resend it the damn thing goes through but still takes about3-5 min to send.
    Mms only sends on 3/4g

Sent from my M886

If anything they will upgrade to 2.3.7 or just a less buggy 2.3.6 . ics? Doubt it.

Sent from my M886

did nothing

i have error 98 on my phone when calling. asked for new phone, i have warranty. said will only do it if they can replicate the problem. of course, they played with it for an hour. nothing. as soon as i left it started acting up again. they don't want to do anything. i told them do you want me to go on the internet and make a webpage that says cricket is garbage. they didn't care.

tech says he has same problem!!!! but wouldn't admit it was them.

Customer Since
    June 2007
    Phone
    Huawei Mercury

Well, I have everything working om my phone now. I started reading up on Android in general as opposed to Huawei issues as there seems to be somewhat of a scarcity of info out there on the Mercury. I found that for me if I "strip away" the settings for a service and let it re establish itself - then things start working properly again. MMS just started working though so I am not much help there but I was getting an error message on SNS as well and once I deleted all the accounts on the "HuaWei Social Club" my error messages on bootup disappeared. When I re-established those accounts SNS is now working. Same for Bluetooth, was getting "paired but not connected" error, I deleted the device and let it scan and reinstall and now works right. I was in the Cricket Store Paying my Bill and was told they were having a heck of a time with the Huawei phones with the Muse update on them. Well, for me no upgrading the stocck unrooted phone any more without waiting to see how others do with an upgrade. WILL TREAT UPGRADING just as I do a Windows Desktop or Laptop

Phone
    htc one sv

i hear there is an update fix coming very soon for those people who been having problems since the muve update in my case it is memory problems my settings reset them self everytime i restart my phone im hoping the update will fix the problem. i also heard the merc was pulled from sale because of software issues untill they get a fix out for them

New firmware was published 06-06. Unfortunately, it didn't fix squat! Still having problems sending large SMS and any MMS files. Folks let's face it, with cell service, you get what you pay for, and Cricket (as well as ALL prepaid carriers) suck ass. If you're just looking for phone service w/o data they're ok I guess. But if you're a regular data user like me, do yourself a favor and go with Verizon, ATT or Sprint, because going through this much bullshit with piece-of-shit Cricket is NOT worth the aggravation.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

HEY HEY HEY know >_< Call down... first off, Its not the cricket service that is having the problem! Its the phone! and its UPDATE! Flashed phones are not having this issue, nor ppl that have not updated to the muve! I think other phones are having this issue but they too have been updated to muve! So before you go about bashing cricket for there SERVICE, bash them for there stupid updates! There are fixes to this! Install a rom thats not updated! this should fix ur problems! Or get a flashed phone such as HTC, LG, Moto, samung... etc . . . there are ways around this without spending 100 a month for an unlimited plan at another carrier

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto G

Have to admit It's very odd the Mercury was removed from Crickets website I wonder why they're having so many issues with these updates...

Anyhow you might visit the Stock rom replacement thread and flash one of those for now, I've ran both the 2.3.6 Optimized and currently Revokster ROM, They both work fine if you don't mind not having Muve support, I send and receive MMS on a daily basis and have had no problems even if wifi is enabled.

EDIT: There's also a newer custom rom by another developer but I haven't tried it yet: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...6-ice-rom.html
    Last edited by Mathesar; 06-11-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

muve update is vey gay lol . . . Google search: "music box pro 2.1 apk"

ok just so u know, i got that error code 98 also.. they formatted my phone and not one issue since BUT... cricket has been calling and texting everyone with our phone to come in a replace it for free... take advantage of this... my sister has the same phone and no issues at all then poof for no reason issues where as i had them from the get go till the formatting now non!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information