Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: MMS Slowness

Overall activity: 0%

MMS Slowness

I have noticed slowness with MMS messages on my wife's Moto X. Today it took 30 minutes to receive a picture message from my wife. Other times she is part of Group MMS threads and doesn't see everything or sometimes nothing where as my Verizon Moto X sees everything. Contacted Cricket support this morning they say they are aware of the issue and it's their problem not a AT&T issue. They didn't have any time line for the fix. Their answer was to use Whatsapp....come on really.

Anyone else seeing this issue? It's been an issue for about a month or more for her. Thinking of switching to GoPhone if it doesn't get fixed.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Yesterday 1 MMS took 10 minutes while another one to my wife's phone took almost 5 hours to show up. Sending picture messages are hit and miss also as some work and others she never gets. I contacted support and they pushed updates out to my phone but that didn't fix the issue.

My wife is having this same issue. Group text messaging is huge for her and her friends, so if this cannot be fixed soon, we are going to have to bail on Cricket. She is using the Samsung Galaxy s5, called Cricket support, they had her try all sorts of resets, but nothing worked. She still gets the group messages, but they are all out of order, and sometimes hours late. Texting one-on-one with someone works fine. There are only issues with the group texts.

The Cricket tech support eventually said it is not their service, but the phone itself and gave us the Samsung tech support number to call. So we call the Samsung support line, and after watching the problem occur (via the Samsung tutor app), they say it is the service and not the phone.

I have the Samsung Galaxy s5 as well, but on T-Mobile (we are trying both to compare), and I receive all group text messages. This is incredibly frustrating. We have tried all the other messaging apps (smsPro, Handcent, etc.) and they all have the same issue.

Anyone else having an issue with group text messages lately?

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Chompsms and maybe handcent have the ability to send thru their network. But you pay a fee for it. Might try it out.

Gold Member
    Customer Since
    years
    Phone
    Droid X2 & A955

WhatsApp works really well, I use it because of friends & family that do not have unlimited txt but have Data. I use Chomp for my normal txt people & it works great, Though I do not pay for there servers as I do not have any speed issues with MMS normally. This is on the LTE Moto G in the Pittsburgh PA & Morgantown WV area's..
    Last edited by Jack_move; 12-16-2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Location

Thread Information