Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

My Experience with Roaming

Reliability: 9/10 - I only was disconnected a few times, and it didn't last any more than a minute. Regardless of which network I was on, Cricket or otherwise, my service continued to work. I was tethering (and still am now) and switched from Sprint, to MetroPCS, and then to Cricket, and only noticed a brief disconnection of less than minute or two.

Speed: 6/10 - The speeds seemed to vary a lot. For the first time, I noticed a HUGE difference in the speeds during the day, and in the middle of the night. I mostly got 100 - 600 Kbps, and in the middle of the night I got over 750 kbps.

Overall, I am satisfied with the way my service worked. The only thing I'd like is to be able to roam on Verizon, but I don't have enough money in my Flex Bucket account for that.

The Whole Story:

I went to Pennsylvania and stayed there for the past three nights. I had solid Cricket coverage through New Jersey, through Delaware, and through some of Pennsylvania. Then, I had 1x service, so I knew I was roaming.. I figured I was roaming on MetroPCS. So, after a while, I thought to myself "Hmmm, I didn't think MetroPCS reached this far." So, I continued traveling. I finally got 3G. I was confused as to why I got 1x for some of the way there, but I was happy that I had 3G when I got closer to my destination. As I went around town, I saw a MetroPCS store! So, that must mean MetroPCS expanded their coverage area. That is why I was getting more 1x coverage. Thankfully, Sprint roaming was 3G, like I thought it was supposed to be.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Reliability: 9/10 - I only was disconnected a few times, and it didn't last any more than a minute. Regardless of which network I was on, Cricket or otherwise, my service continued to work. I was tethering (and still am now) and switched from Sprint, to MetroPCS, and then to Cricket, and only noticed a brief disconnection of less than minute or two.

Speed: 6/10 - The speeds seemed to vary a lot. For the first time, I noticed a HUGE difference in the speeds during the day, and in the middle of the night. I mostly got 100 - 600 Kbps, and in the middle of the night I got over 750 kbps.

Overall, I am satisfied with the way my service worked. The only thing I'd like is to be able to roam on Verizon, but I don't have enough money in my Flex Bucket account for that.

The Whole Story:

I went to Pennsylvania and stayed there for the past three nights. I had solid Cricket coverage through New Jersey, through Delaware, and through some of Pennsylvania. Then, I had 1x service, so I knew I was roaming.. I figured I was roaming on MetroPCS. So, after a while, I thought to myself "Hmmm, I didn't think MetroPCS reached this far." So, I continued traveling. I finally got 3G. I was confused as to why I got 1x for some of the way there, but I was happy that I had 3G when I got closer to my destination. As I went around town, I saw a MetroPCS store! So, that must mean MetroPCS expanded their coverage area. That is why I was getting more 1x coverage. Thankfully, Sprint roaming was 3G, like I thought it was supposed to be.
    What part were you in? i'm near philly, 50 miles from ny and 30 from jersey lol. We have great coverage almost everywhere there

Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    What part were you in? i'm near philly, 50 miles from ny and 30 from jersey lol. We have great coverage almost everywhere there
    I was in Reading, PA. It was roaming there.

Where I'm at now, South Jersey, service is great!

Thread Information