Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

here it is the 25th of june and i am still unable to use the web on my ascend other than using wifi. has anyone heard any new news about this because customer service isnt helping

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by irishknuckles View Post
    here it is the 25th of june and i am still unable to use the web on my ascend other than using wifi. has anyone heard any new news about this because customer service isnt helping
    supposedly its been all fixed and they are telling everybody where i live to
    "turn off your phone and leave it off for 10minutes. then turn it back on and call *228 or *22804 if you have a flashed phone. when your phone is updated turn it off and remove the battery for 10minutes and then turn it back on the problem should be fixed. If you have a real cricket phone and are still having problems after the update please bring your phone into the store; if you have a flashed phone and are still having problems I'm sorry we cant help you other than to tell you to take it to a location that flashes phones and have them confirm that your phone is properly flashed."

Customer Since
    Aug. 2008
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    supposedly its been all fixed and they are telling everybody where i live to
    "turn off your phone and leave it off for 10minutes. then turn it back on and call *228 or *22804 if you have a flashed phone. when your phone is updated turn it off and remove the battery for 10minutes and then turn it back on the problem should be fixed. If you have a real cricket phone and are still having problems after the update please bring your phone into the store; if you have a flashed phone and are still having problems I'm sorry we cant help you other than to tell you to take it to a location that flashes phones and have them confirm that your phone is properly flashed."
    does.it.work.tho?

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Forbidden View Post
    does.it.work.tho?
    got me back up and running if that doesnt word go to the store or if flashed check settings/reflash or take it to who flashed it

Phone
    HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    got me back up and running if that doesnt word go to the store or if flashed check settings/reflash or take it to who flashed it
    I never tried *228 or *22804.... But trying *228 says the code you have entered is invalid(recording by cricket) then if I try *22804 it says call lost. But I know its advised not to do the OTA on a flashed phone so I just wait to be updated on here or see one of my other lines has an updated PRL

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mendoza View Post
    I never tried *228 or *22804.... But trying *228 says the code you have entered is invalid(recording by cricket) then if I try *22804 it says call lost. But I know its advised not to do the OTA on a flashed phone so I just wait to be updated on here or see one of my other lines has an updated PRL
    *22804 is for flashed phones

It does happen that some phones wont do ota after flash

Mcallen texas no 3g

Well i have had data speed issues with my phone since june..Max download of 30kbps.. i have an htc evo and i thought i flashed it wrong or qpst settings were off.. But i guess its offical that its CRICKET!! not my phone or flashing... I live in mcallen texas and i guess 3g outage is happening here too.. I put my phone on Craigslist and i'm getting the new Motorola triumph from virgin mobile July 19th... i had no issues with virgin and download speeds on my optimus v where around 400kbps!!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamoverture View Post
    Well i have had data speed issues with my phone since june..Max download of 30kbps.. i have an htc evo and i thought i flashed it wrong or qpst settings were off.. But i guess its offical that its CRICKET!! not my phone or flashing... I live in mcallen texas and i guess 3g outage is happening here too.. I put my phone on Craigslist and i'm getting the new Motorola triumph from virgin mobile July 19th... i had no issues with virgin and download speeds on my optimus v where around 400kbps!!
    Sorry to hear you're having issues. You might be throttled, which means you're using more than 1 GB of data. You can check that on
    Cell Phone Plans | Cell Phones | Mobile Broadband | Cricket Wireless

and check your data usage.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

McAllen is also a tri band area IIRC. I'm guessing they had to use some hybrid PRL. Never heard a report from McAllen about them. Looks like it must work a little.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-07-02_12-27-22_753.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	430

That's unthrottled Cricket 3g on the outskirts of UTs Campus in Austin.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    Sorry to hear you're having issues. You might be throttled, which means you're using more than 1 GB of data. You can check that on
    Cell Phone Plans | Cell Phones | Mobile Broadband | Cricket Wireless

and check your data usage.
    sounds like being throttled to me (when i get throttled i cant wait for the next nomth to start.) but it could be the triband causing probs too

heres a screenshot

of average unthrottled 3g on my Droid A855 on paygo in the heart of lincoln, ne with the 35313 hybrid prl (not near as impressive as chrisngrod's results but about double the speed as i got on regular prl im also about 98miles from the closest server to test)

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-04-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Sorry for the dumb question... So what does that mean tri band?? i used the 42700 prl 42900, 45568. and 45513... The best for me is 45513 witch i'm getting about 30kbps.... Oh and im not being throttled i'm no where near being throttled.... Witch prl do you recommend i use in my area?

Wow! Impressive data speeds!!! What prl are you using chrisngrod??
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-04-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: posts merged

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Sorry for the dumb question... So what does that mean tri band?? i used the 42700 prl 42900, 45568. and 45513... The best for me is 45513 witch i'm getting about 30kbps.... Oh and im not being throttled i'm no where near being throttled.... Witch prl do you recommend i use in my area?

Wow! Impressive data speeds!!! What prl are you using chrisngrod??
    Tri band in our case replies to most Cricket branded phones. They operate in the normal CDMA frequencies (800/1900) and AWS (which is actually two more frequencies, but one is send and one is receive). There are markets where these are the only approved Cricket towers. Flashed phones don't work in some of those areas even if you use the hybrid prl.

What phone do you have? The Droid X in that picture had the 45513 hybrid...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

3g speeds

I have the HTC evo. using 45513 prl. The fastest speed igotten has been around 50kbps and thats around 2 in the morning. Do u think because of the tri band in my area I can't get higher speeds??

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I have the HTC evo. using 45513 prl. The fastest speed igotten has been around 50kbps and thats around 2 in the morning. Do u think because of the tri band in my area I can't get higher speeds??
    Using 45513 or 45513 hybrid? 45 or 55 plan?

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)

3g data

The 45513 hybrid prl on $55 plan.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information