Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

No 1700Mhz, will it work in a tri-band area?

I am flashing my wife's LG G2 to Cricket (Originally Sprint) and noticed her area (Northern VA) is a tri-band network area. Somebody told me that even though the G2 is not a tri-band phone (I've hear conflicting stories on that as well, something about the LTE radio using 1700Mhz), that it will still work in a tri-band area by piggy backing on the Sprint towers. If I flash to Cricket, will my G2 work in Northern Virginia? Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Sprint claims the G2 is tri-band, but it's for their Spark LTE network, is it still applicable to Crickets need for a "triband" phone? Or will it at least "piggyback"?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

from what i know if it lacks the AWS bands at 1700/2100 and you reside in a zipcode outside of cricket's own towers it will be on the sprint mvno network. cricket claims that if 51% of your usage is outside of the cricket network the service may be limited or terminated without notice. this has happened once in the last 2 years that i know of

Thread Information