Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No service!

FedUp

Angry No service!

I'm annoyed & fed up with my cricket service!! So i paid my bill 3 days before it was due. The day before my new billing cycle was to begin i couldn't use my phone anymore. I had full service (all four bars) & i could not make or receive any phone calls, texts, nor could i use my web browser, i basically had no service even though i paid for it. I called customer service & here's what happened...1st i was told the whole system was down & to call back in 2 hours. Called back was told my acct would be reset on their end-next day,still had no service.

Called back & iwas told to go through the "power cycle" cut the phone off for about 30 minutes, then cut it back on. I cut it off for TWO hours & still no service when icut it back on. Called again & no one had any solutions to why ihad no service-recived a trouble ticket and iwas told customer service would contact me in24hr period-3days no call i had to call them because apparently the tech support is not available saturday and sunday-wasn't told that until monday. was told to take it to the nearest store, my handset is not the damn problems every time i try and make a call it tells me my ACCT is NOT VERIFIED

So my last solution to the problem was to cancel service and get a refund. But here's the killer, my acct is not canceled im still getting billed for next months service and istill cannot use my phone, oh and yeah im not entitled to a refund. So if im not entitled to a refund and my acct isn't cancel why can't iuse my dam...n phone stil...l?!?!!! Since my acct is still active and i was lied to about it being cancelled, what can ido to restore service to my phone. I feel extremely cheated and i feel like i've been robbed and giving the run around. I want my phone or my money either one will do. Please help.Phone #2027061173

2. Remove this advertisement.
    CricketRepTommyD

have u tried to reprogram your phone? what troubleshooting did they do on customer service end?

FedUp

i was told that my phone would be reset on their end. When that didn't work-a trouble ticket was summited to tech support. And i was told someone would contact me in a 24 hour period. No one ever did. I don't know what kind of trouble shooting was done because no one ever contacted me from customer service or tech support to inform of wat was going on. all i know is that i still have no service, and/or no refund. Im not a phone tech and i was not instructed to program my phone so i did not try to program it. I dont know how to do it either.

CricketRepTommyD

If you dont need all of your data, or you can back it up, do a factory reset on your phone, then dial *228 then send, and let your phone reprogramm itself..if they refreshed your acct. Then it wont work til u *228 it.

FedUp

just did it and an automated mssg came on and said " the number or code you have dailed is incorrect please check the number or code and try again. mssg 7 switch 191"

FedUp

and i just lost all my ringtones and games from resetting my phone is there anyway ican get them back with out paying for them again if services are ever restored to my phone?

CricketRepTommyD

no way you can get them back for free, thats why i told you if you didnt need your data.. are you in your cricket coverage area when you attemt to dial the programming code?

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I'm guessing this is you....

"04/25/2011 06:15 AM EST by CCR9588BG6551
    9588:***** SAVES ***** Name of Customer:MS. HARVEY 2027061173 Reason for Call:CANCEL THE LINE BECAUSE SHE CANT USE HER PHONE Action/s Taken:CANCELLED THE LINE/FILED A PAYMENT REFUND/FAX DOCU TO THE CORP. DEPT./ Issue Resolved (YES/NO):Y"

I believe they think it's resoled. Let me see if I can poke around and do anything. Can't make things worse right?

EDIT: Made some small modifications. I'm trying to trigger anything that would make changes in the network. I don't know why you're on this migration plan, and I can't change it to anything else. Have you ever seen this before Tommy? Try *228 again btw.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-01-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

FedUp

it's not the fact that i NEED the data it's the fact that i PAID for it and now i've lost it due to NO FAULT of my own. so EXCUSE me for thinking im entitled to be reimbursed for it. So if my services ever get restored i'm going have to spend more money replacing things i previously paid for because cricket reps told me to reset my phone as a means to try and rectify my situation. You guys are gonna make money by any means necessary i see. And by any means i mean screw the customer as much as you can in the wallet. And YES i am in a coverage area when i dial the code and what do you know STILL no phone, but to top it off i have no apps that i paid for either. Isn't that nice.

FedUp

@chrisngrod so on my account is saying the issue is resolved? what is a migration plan and why would i be put on it without notice? i have no knowledge of this plan. and i tried *228 again and still nothing, but the automated mssg saying the code is incorrect.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I was just showing what they had entered in the system. Apparently not much headway has been made since then. I've never seen that plan personally. I wish we could do more, but I don't even work for Cricket.

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

CricketRepTommyD

well, apps should have been backed up to your gmail.. if those are android apps u r talking about..they are in no way related to cricket.. and dont get your panties in a twist, i would have said the same thing if u were in my store.. these are things i would do.. and ur one of the random cases where these things do not work..you know why they didnt work, or u cant dial *228? ur line is canceled...apparently u asked for that sometime along the way.(04/25/2011) i have no way of telling if u somehow modified ur phone or whatever else may have happened..... im just trying to help so dont kill the messanger.. u swear like im getting paid to be on here or am going to benefit u losing your stuff in anyway.. im glad i dont have to be as nice as if u were in my store..

FedUp

CricketRepTommy<<----excuse me for thinking you were going to provide some professional customer service-i mean that shouldn't have crossed my mind with a name like "cricket rep tommyd and a subtitle of cricket representative" my line is NOT canceled. It's still active, this is one of the reasons i came on here and posted my problem. And as far as u being nice to me in your store-im pretty sure you'd be just as rude and demeaning in person as u are here. You haven't done anything to help or clarify my situation. But chrisngrod has. You're the professional, im a fed up customer im pretty sure ur trained to handle people like me. You have a nice way of showing it. Thank you anyway for all you've done. And thanks for the inspiration to take this situation more seriously. I appreciate it.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I have done some new things to the account. Please let me know how it's functioning. If it doesn't work after power cycling the phone, dial *228 again.

I talked to my local representative today, and his regional rep told him gave him some info on how to reset data/talk/text. I'm trying to test it out and hope it works for you.

Phone
    HTC EVO Supersonic

Lightbulb Programming Protocol

First of all, even if Cricket registers your ESN in their system, and tells you to press *228 to activate OTA (over the air) programming, it is not going to do you a bit of good because the handset cannot access the Cricket Network unless it is programmed to do so. This can be accomplished either manually using programming codes like ##073887* which is a code that will get you into the service programming menu for a Motorola V3 or the Moto Q. Alternatively, you can also program (or flash as it is often referred to) your phone using a USB connection, a NAM file, and appropriate software like QPST, RSD, CDMA Workshop, etc. If you tell me what kind of phone you have, I might be able to give you a service programming code. I also have the NAM settings, but if you do not live in my area (Portland, Oregon) they may be slightly different.

I feel your pain when you talk about customer service. A few months ago it got so bad that they just shut down customer service for a month, but they did not tell anyone. You would spend about 15 to 20 minutes listening to options, pressing entries only to be hung up on without an explanation. Grrr!

Anyhow, good luck. As for me, I am on a mission to get MMS working on my new EVO. I swear, programming is the easy part; it is configuring WAP and MMS that always hangs me up.

Best Regards,

Pinki Tuscaderro
    Sprint HTC Supersonic EVO 4G on Cricket
    Verizon Motorola Q9m on Cricket

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information