Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Non activated phones still get internet for free?!

Okay i've been wondering this for a while. I switched phones two montsh ago from the touch pro 2 to the evo3d. But my old touch pro 2 phone still gets internet. hell it still got incoming call notifications you could pick up hte phone calls at times and receive text messages on both phones at teh same time. However I cannot send text messages or make calls on the old touch pro 2.

This old touch pro 2 phone the internet still works it's been 2 months. I decided to change the mobile directory and Min to someone elses. It stopped receiving text messages and calls. But that other person it receives their text messages at times. Plus the phone still gets internet. While this other persons account doesn't even have a internet plan.

Anybody have any insight into this?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

Usually that happens for up to 30 days sometimes. But 2 months is a little crazy.

Anybody have any good ideas?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

51 days actually. Just double checked.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

It happens sometimes, you're just lucky, I think. I think it has to do with the way they do provisioning to keep text messaging on after a bill is late. It will stop working (or should) eventually.

Phone
    Ascend 860 2.3.5

you will receive text messages for the first 30 days of being off once you turn the turned off device to a wifi u will be able to access the web only u cant send text only use the web i think it is like that so u can pay your bill or turn on the off device but the only thing that can be used on a device that been turned off is the web and its only from a wifi

Quote Originally Posted by BRAINS View Post
    you will receive text messages for the first 30 days of being off once you turn the turned off device to a wifi u will be able to access the web only u cant send text only use the web i think it is like that so u can pay your bill or turn on the off device but the only thing that can be used on a device that been turned off is the web and its only from a wifi
    wow longest run on sentence ever. I had difficulty understanding what you wrote.

the wifi is off and the phoen still gets interent. It's been 55 days now with no service being paid on the phone.

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

It probably is programmed with your oldphone#@mycricket.com in data settings. He is using "your" internet so to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by mraabhimself View Post
    It probably is programmed with your oldphone#@mycricket.com in data settings. He is using "your" internet so to speak...
    It is still programmed with the old phone number. But still couldn't i just know of some guy who has a cricket plan and if i have his phone number enter it in any dead phone and get internet for free? This loop hole seems too easy.

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Well, it is that easy. I am pretty sure measures could / would be taken to stop that from happening if it is heavily exploited, but at this point, that is exactly how it works.

You guys @ CU may want to delete / remove this information...

Quote Originally Posted by mraabhimself View Post
    You guys @ CU may want to delete / remove this information...
    I don't see anything illegal or against Cricket Wireless' Terms of Service in here, so I think it's alright.

Supporting Member

I brought this up before remember guys? lasted 3 months for me. I used my lg optimus like a little tablet to watch netflix and listen to pandora on while I used my blackberry as my normal phone on cricket. all while not paying for the second phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    I brought this up before remember guys? lasted 3 months for me. I used my lg optimus like a little tablet to watch netflix and listen to pandora on while I used my blackberry as my normal phone on cricket. all while not paying for the second phone.
    That's awesome.. I wonder if Cricket doesn't know about it or if they just don't care to fix it because it's not happening to a lot of people.

Does your new phone plan have internet still?

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Ever since I switched my line to a new phone back in July the Internet is still working on the old phone and it even still receives text messages, though it only receives calls when I have both the old phone and new phone on at the same time and it acts very glitchy especially if I answer the call on both phones at the same time. Also when using the web on both phones at the same time is also glitchy since it causes one of them to timeout.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Romspert View Post
    That's weird, must be some kind of bug. They way the Network works is that is checks what MEID/ESN is tied to your phone number and only provides service to that phone. Cool, though. Never seen that happen before.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information