Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Recognized Developer
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    That's weird, must be some kind of bug. They way the Network works is that is checks what MEID/ESN is tied to your phone number and only provides service to that phone. Cool, though. Never seen that happen before.
    Then how come I can program a non-activated phone with a working accounts MDN@mycricket.com and get data, regardless of ESN / MEID registered on the account? Keep in mind I have seen this phenomenon on multiple occasions and have tested this theory pretty extensively. Don't make me dig up my PPC6700 and make a post from it from a Cricket connection. =)

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by mraabhimself View Post
    Then how come I can program a non-activated phone with a working accounts MDN@mycricket.com and get data, regardless of ESN / MEID registered on the account? Keep in mind I have seen this phenomenon on multiple occasions and have tested this theory pretty extensively. Don't make me dig up my PPC6700 and make a post from it from a Cricket connection. =)
    That's what I'm trying to figure out. Maybe works differently than voice service? I wish I knew more technical aspects of the network like that haha. I've got no real answer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    That's what I'm trying to figure out. Maybe works differently than voice service? I wish I knew more technical aspects of the network like that haha. I've got no real answer for you.
    CDMA voice queries a HLR for confirmation of active status as an active mobile. I have always seen this as MIN,MDN and ESN/MEID requirement for sucess. Data sessions are different, if the data session is originating on the 1x side of things(non 3G) it will still query the HLR first since it goes over that subsystem, but then route the session over to a PDSN router which then again will also verify the customer information as active against a AAA server.

EVDO (3G) is not hard tied to the CDMA voice side, and can exist separately... as such it can just authenticate against the AAA server. What the PDSN and AAA decide as the key pieces of information in that process is up to whatever was configured. With all the growth that cricket has had in the data service these past two years, it would not surprise me if this is just a known temporary patch as they re-engineer their internal network.

My question would be more along the lines of wondering if I sold my phone to someone and did not reset the MIN/MDN, and they tether without making their own account... Is it acting against my 1G a month allowance of data?

Overall activity: 2.0%

Same here. Dec. 7th or so, my zio bootlooped on me so I bought the best phone in the store at that time (cause I was losing jobs). Just after the new year I was able to get some help from, now, a good buddy of mine, and fixed my zio. Ever since, still full blown internet. I use it as my mini tablet around home, basically a media player for junk to keep my personal phone clean from "junk". Sometimes I run em both without any problems.

Overall activity: 2.0%

e. I also had another used Ascend lying around so I programmed it with the same settings and it also had data.

Just purchased a new ZTE Score from Best Buy and programmed it with the same info but no data. Is this because the new Cricket phone has never been activated before?Could it be a different PRL?

that is weird if i was you i would check it over

Overall activity: 1.0%

Hey that's the same with my old huawei I rooted it before i got my new phone and i could still use it as a wifi hotspot for my laptop cricket is great aren't they.

Customer Since
    08-08
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

"My question would be more along the lines of wondering if I sold my phone to someone and did not reset the MIN/MDN, and they tether without making their own account... Is it acting against my 1G a month allowance of data?"

Yes it will. I know this because when I gave my evo design to my wife we had the ESN changed and she started using the phone. A month later I checked data usage and mine was over 2 gigs and hers was 0. So what i do now if i sell a phone and they don't want it on their account right now I go in and remove the data settings

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You know what? I know I do these tutorials and don't block out my number because it is just so time consuming. My data has been eaten up even though I don't use the phone and half the time it isn't charged. I actually changed my number as well. Frick. I guess I'll change it this month as well.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Customer Since
    April2008
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 sch-r530

This happens to any phone programmed with a number that gets reactivated. I today got a data cutoff notice and my usage says I've used only 1gb of my 5gb plan. I'm getting ready to sue cricket talking to some lawyers tomorrow. I've been using cricket forever an know friends who get their phones cut off. Few months down the road whenever someone gets ur phone number you get cdma on ur phone again. Today proved to me that I'm officially fed up with it. I'm sick of crickets lack of security with my paid data plan. I'm suing asap.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You would think after that silly old lady spilled hot coffee on herself and won a lawsuit that you could easily sue for anything and win. However I don't think you'll get jack. Just my opinion.

Let us know how much you win or lose minus all fees.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

for your average customer manually programming the phone off of the network is the best solution when you sell it, or change accounts.

1. dial ##626*
    2. enter the security key 333333
    3. edit the mdn and min settings to all zeros 0000000000
    4. save and exit.

this will fix "ghost calls" and is probably one of the factors in the duplicate text message issue.

-cricket honestly doesn't care what you do on your line and is as secure as any other telephone company imo.
    -no one can "listen in" or receive your calls if you don't do this. (i have never seen it, so i can be wrong)

good luck suing. unless it's a state or local thing cricket has good lawyers and you agree to everything in that 16 pages of miniature terms and conditions book when you use their service.

i apologize for your inconvenience

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

My understanding was cricket started doing mobile serial no. checks as well as MIN/MDN checks quite awhile ago. I even remember having to do a call test plan in my market when it was activated.. So with that said, I do not think thats whats going on in this recent discussion.

I will check on my old phone which has my MIN/MDN tomorrow which was turned off when I changed phone. I will report back tomorrow.

Last month I bought an HTC one SV (4GLTE)to correct an abortion I bought two months ago called a Huawei ascend 2(3G). I don't get calls or text on the HA2, but I do still receive data. In fact I tether my HTC and pc to it to save 4G data. The HA2 was supposed to correct another mistake I owned called the Sanyo ZIO by KAYOCERA. guess I should check that one too. (If my 6yo son will give it up.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information