Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Outage in Dillon Colorado - 4 days in a row now

So - up here in Dillion Colorado (huge tourist destination for skiers at Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail, etc) we're experiencing a loooooooooooong term network outage. We've had ZERO service for 4 entire days.

We've called 800-cricket, we've called corporate offices in Denver, etc. All of them continue to claim there is no outage! BUT, even the local Cricket resellers are telling everyone that YES, there is an outage and that they have no information about when it will be fixed.

This all started 4 days ago when a road crew cut a fiber cable along the highway while digging up the roadside, and that mistake took out all phone service to the land line phone company, ATT, Verizon, Sprint, Boost, etc. No one had phone service after the cable was cut. They got that cable repaired overnight. But, now everyone except Cricket customers have service again.

Ridiculous. And adding insult to injury is the fact that everyone at Cricket is playing dumb about it, saying there's no outage at all !!!

So I want to report that here and ask if anyone else in the area has any useful info?

And, if anyone wants to help out with this issue then please call 800-Cricket and complain about it, and call Corporate on Monday too and ask for "Consumer Relations" and complain there also: 303-734-7220 Monday through Friday.

The more complaints they get, the sooner they'll stop pretending there's no outage and give us all better customer service.

Thanks for the help people!

M
    Last edited by marke; 11-04-2011 at 08:52 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 4.0%

That totally sucks. We are in Castle Rock and lost service on Monday completely like you are experiencing, but service was restored the next day. I can't believe you have been out that long. No excuse! Sucks.

Overall activity: 0%

Let me guess, when you call they try to tell you to do *228 and troubleshoot the phone?

I guess you need to keep calling. If the service is out where the Cricket dealer is, what are they telling their customers? I would think they would have a dealer support line where they can call somebody about it. The next time you go (or call) ask if they have a dealer support number that they can call to report the issue. Is it just one area that is out (just one tower) or is it all over? If it's just one tower, and there aren't a lot of Cricket customers in that particular area, you might be the only one complaining.

The outage affects Dillon, Silverthrone, Frisco, Keystone, Breckenridge, etc - that whole area. Dealer says to call 800-Cricket. I took it a step further and called corporate directly, as I mentioned. Dealer says they're getting loads of calls about it, and then they ask if we want to switch to another carrier...

Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    The outage affects Dillon, Silverthrone, Frisco, Keystone, Breckenridge, etc - that whole area. Dealer says to call 800-Cricket. I took it a step further and called corporate directly, as I mentioned. Dealer says they're getting loads of calls about it, and then they ask if we want to switch to another carrier...
    I would ask them if they have a dealer support line or something. They should have someone they can contact about these problems. People go to the dealers looking for assistance, and then the dealer points you to another carrier? I'm sure Cricket wouldn't like that.

Have you called 1-800-CRICKET? What did they say?

>> Have you called 1-800-CRICKET? What did they say? <<

LOL. They're idiots.

During one call I said "Hi, I'd like to check on an outage in my area" -- the woman on the line had no info about me or my location at all. She says "We are experiencing a nationwide outage at the moment", to which I replied "Oh really, well I'm calling you on a Cricket phone right now so obviously what you say isn't true" -- and it went down hill from there. At the time I was in another city not affected by the outage mentioned in this thread.

I called last night again. The guy on the line told me they have no record of any outage in the affected area. He then suggested I try *228, and I reminded him that if I have no signal then *228 wasn't going to work and then I asked him if he was reading a script or what?

800-Cricket is useless when there are service problems. The very first time we called about the outage the Cricket rep said "You need a new phone" -- WTH?

Cricket would do well to stop hiring out there support to foreign countries and instead hire some people in the USA and train them properly, and stop lying about their outages.

>> Have you called 1-800-CRICKET? What did they say? <<

LOL. They're idiots.

During one call I said "Hi, I'd like to check on an outage in my area" -- the woman on the line had no info about me or my location at all. She says "We are experiencing a nationwide outage at the moment", to which I replied "Oh really, well I'm calling you on a Cricket phone right now so obviously what you say isn't true" -- and it went down hill from there. At the time I was in another city not affected by the outage mentioned in this thread.

I called last night again. The guy on the line told me they have no record of any outage in the affected area. He then suggested I try *228, and I reminded him that if I have no signal then *228 wasn't going to work and then I asked him if he was reading a script or what?

800-Cricket is useless when there are service problems. The very first time we called about the outage the Cricket rep said "You need a new phone" -- WTH?

Cricket would do well to stop hiring out there support to foreign countries and instead hire some people in the USA and train them properly, and stop lying about their outages.
    Their customer service definitely needs improvement.

The location of their customer service representatives doesn't matter to me, as long as they are informed and trained properly.

Do you know any other Cricket customers? What have they been doing (other than calling the store)?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

It's odd that you arent able to get service at all since it seems from the map that Sprint covers that same area pretty well. If Cricket service wasn't available the phones should roll automatically to Sprint partner coverage.

Mark, I'd assume your the Mark from Facebook that was talking about this issue. Since you're not actually there, how do you know there is no signal?
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    It's odd that you arent able to get service at all since it seems from the map that Sprint covers that same area pretty well. If Cricket service wasn't available the phones should roll automatically to Sprint partner coverage.

Mark, I'd assume your the Mark from Facebook that was talking about this issue. Since you're not actually there, how do you know there is no signal?
    I don't think there is in-market roaming with Sprint. At least there wasn't the last time I checked. In order to roam on Sprint, you would need to leave the Cricket market.

There is in-market roaming on Verizon though, so the phone should definitely roam on Verizon if marke has money in the Flex Bucket account and has a roaming PRL.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I don't think there is in-market roaming with Sprint. At least there wasn't the last time I checked. In order to roam on Sprint, you would need to leave the Cricket market.

There is in-market roaming on Verizon though, so the phone should definitely roam on Verizon if marke has money in the Flex Bucket account and has a roaming PRL.
    Agreed but it MIGHT be different out there. Dillon is a small area on I70 with limited Cricket coverage. In some areas, sprint roaming is on along with Cricket to support so so coverage. This may be the case out there. Just a thought. Either way, there would be a signal of some kind.

Mark isnt there anyway according to his posts on facebook, so I am not sure how good his info may be.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Agreed but it MIGHT be different out there. Dillon is a small area on I70 with limited Cricket coverage. In some areas, sprint roaming is on along with Cricket to support so so coverage. This may be the case out there. Just a thought. Either way, there would be a signal of some kind.

Mark isnt there anyway according to his posts on facebook, so I am not sure how good his info may be.
    I understand.

Well, you can't really say if the service is working or not if you're not at the location, so we'll see when marke replies.

I AM in the area now. As I told whomever it was spouting nonsense on facebook, "maybe I want to travel to that area", and ya well, I did go the area. I'm here right now as I type this.

So, while driving up here I discovered there is a 70 linear mile area without any Cricket service - for the past 6 days. And this area had excellent Cricket service for the past several years. And still the people at corporate and 800Cricket support continue to allege that there's no outage, which is obviously untrue. So either Cricket has no idea what status their network is in, or they're lying. Not sure which.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

As I said, I'm there now. And this outage affects all areas along I-70 west of Denver, over 70 miles long. And for the record Dillon, Frisco, Silverthorne, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Copper Mtn are all within a stone's throw of each other, and the entire area is a huge tourist destination, and the whole area has no Cricket service.

I'm switching to Boost Mobile, as a subsidiary of Sprint they use the Sprint network and there is good service all over Colorado.
    Last edited by marke; 11-06-2011 at 08:00 PM.

I AM in the area now. As I told you, or whomever was spouting nonsense on facebook, "maybe I want to travel to that area"

So, I discovered there is a 70 linear mile area without any Cricket service - for the past 6 days.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

As I said, I'm there now. And this outage affects all areas along I-70 west of Denver, over 70 miles long. And for the record Dillon, Frisco, Silverthorne, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Copper Mtn are all within a stone's throw of each other, and the entire area is a huge tourist destination, and the whole area has no Cricket service.

I'm switching to Boost Mobile, as a subsidiary of Sprint they use the Sprint network and there is good service all over Colorado.
    Sorry to hear you're leaving. Cricket is more reliable than Boost Mobile because there is roaming as an option. If you had added money to your Flex Bucket account before the outage, and had done *228, you would be roaming right now. That would give you unlimited text messaging and would allow you to make calls at a per minute rate. I actually think Cricket would refund you for the money used to roam if you asked them to. If they're smart, they would do it to keep you as a customer.

Please let us know when the service is working again or if Cricket gives you some information regarding the outage. Cricket does need to work on communicating with their customers.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I AM in the area now. As I told whomever it was spouting nonsense on facebook, "maybe I want to travel to that area", and ya well, I did go the area. I'm here right now as I type this.

So, while driving up here I discovered there is a 70 linear mile area without any Cricket service - for the past 6 days. And still corporate and 800Cricket continue to allege that there's no outage, which is obviously untrue. So either Cricket has no idea what status their network is in, or they're lying. Not sure which.

Ya we know. And while we sympathize with anyone affected, this isn't cricket. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon and more details on the cause come to light. I'll bet it's not even crickets outage. My guess is infrastructure of some kind.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Ya we know. And while we sympathize with anyone affected, this isn't cricket. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon and more details on the cause come to light. I'll bet it's not even crickets outage. My guess is infrastructure of some kind.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Here is the problem:
    Guardrail work blamed for Colorado cellphone outages - The Denver Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information