Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    I AM in the area now. As I told whomever it was spouting nonsense on facebook, "maybe I want to travel to that area", and ya well, I did go the area. I'm here right now as I type this.

So, while driving up here I discovered there is a 70 linear mile area without any Cricket service - for the past 6 days. And still corporate and 800Cricket continue to allege that there's no outage, which is obviously untrue. So either Cricket has no idea what status their network is in, or they're lying. Not sure which.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

As I said, I'm there now. And this outage affects all areas along I-70 west of Denver, over 70 miles long. And for the record Dillon, Frisco, Silverthorne, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Copper Mtn are all within a stone's throw of each other, and the entire area is a huge tourist destination, and the whole area has no Cricket service.

I'm switching to Boost Mobile, as a subsidiary of Sprint they use the Sprint network and there is good service all over Colorado.
    Guess it's a good thing that Cricket isn't the only cell provider huh?
    Until we know the cause of the outage, your vitriol may be misdirected. Switch carriers. No one cares really. It doesn't affect us which provider you choose.
    Sh*the happens.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    That's what started the outage. And that took out service for ALL phone lines and Internet - even the local land line phone company was down. The cable was repaired overnight and everyone had service restored in less than 24 hours, except Cricket. They're the only company whose customers still have no service. And tomorrow morning will be the 7th day of the outage. At this point the outage has nothing to do with fiber cables, it has to do with Cricket's network. And customers leaving has everything to do with them not offering any information about the outage. All they'd have to do is say "Ya, it's down. Here's why. And here's when it'll be restored." But no, they don't do that. Instead they claim to not know anything about an outage - even though they and their resellers around here have received a huge number of complaints.

That's what started the outage. And that took out service for ALL phone lines and Internet - even the local land line phone company was down. The cable was repaired overnight and everyone had service restored in less than 24 hours, except Cricket. They're the only company whose customers still have no service. And tomorrow morning will be the 7th day of the outage. At this point the outage has nothing to do with fiber cables, it has to do with Cricket's network. And customers leaving has everything to do with them not offering any information about the outage. All they'd have to do is say "Ya, it's down. Here's why. And here's when it'll be restored." But no, they don't do that. Instead they claim to not know anything about an outage - even though they and their resellers around here have received a huge number of complaints.
    Cricket is slow about things. After they get this fixed, request a credit for the days you were without service. In order to prevent service interruption in the future, always have $15 or so in your Flex Bucket account. If the service is ever out again due to an outage, I think Cricket would refund any Flex Bucket balance used because of the outage.

With Boost Mobile, if there were to be an outage like this, you would be stuck, without the ability to roam on any other provider. This is where Cricket beats Boost Mobile in terms of coverage.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I guess it's a good thing you don't have to buy your way out of a contract.
    Boost sucks pretty good too, fyi.

While I agree Cricket could be handling this better, we don't really know all the facts. You could look at the bright side and enjoy 7 days in the mountains unfettered by technology (like everyone in Colorado did before cell phones) but I think you'd rather bash Cricket.
    Please let us know when you find a perfect cell phone service.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    With Boost Mobile, if there were to be an outage like this, you would be stuck, without the ability to roam on any other provider. This is where Cricket beats Boost Mobile in terms of coverage.
    With Boost, if there is ever an outage like this, it will affect all Sprint customers too because Boost is a subsidiary of Sprint/Nextel, and I think we all know they don't let this sort of thing happen to their networks. In fact, when the cable was cut in Dillon and all phone networks went down in the entire multi-city area Sprint had their service restored overnight. As for roaming, I don't need it. The only people who do need roaming are moderate to heavily travelers.

As for using a Cricket Flex Bucket, I shouldn't have to do that when I'm already paying for a unlimited account and have not gone outside their coverage area. The MAIN PROBLEM here is that Cricket support in this on-going outage is pathetic - it's literally non-existent ! And there's is absolutely no excuse for that whatsoever.

So I'm switching to Boost. Getting a Warp Android for $200 plus a free month of unlimited service.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    but I think you'd rather bash Cricket.
    I'll take a guess that you have a vested interested in protecting the reputation of Cricket. Are you reseller? Or phone flasher? Or paid Cricket employee?

I'm not bashing anyone. I'm deliver facts, which incidentally also serve as a complaint: There is no service in an area here than stretches over 70 miles, and that service has been down for 6 STRAIGHT DAYS. And, I'm complaining that after innumerable phone calls that nobody at Cricket's Corporate offices, nor anybody at 800-Cricket, will even admit that there IS an outage!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

With Boost, if there is ever an outage like this, it will affect all Sprint customers too because Boost is a subsidiary of Sprint/Nextel, and I think we all know they don't let this sort of thing happen to their networks. In fact, when the cable was cut in Dillon and all phone networks went down in the entire multi-city area Sprint had their service restored overnight. As for roaming, I don't need it. The only people who do need roaming are moderate to heavily travelers.
    Ya I can tell you know a lot. Sprint has had outages. Boost as well. Verizon even. Were you aware all cell companies do? Enjoy your Boost.

As for using a Cricket Flex Bucket, I shouldn't have to do that when I'm already paying for a unlimited account and have not gone outside their coverage area. The MAIN PROBLEM here is that Cricket support in this on-going outage is pathetic - it's literally non-existent ! And there's is absolutely no excuse for that whatsoever.
    Ya that flex bucket comment made no sense whatsoever to me. As to excuses, everyone makes em. As I said before sh*t happens. It's clearly not your only means of communication. So whats the big deal.

So I'm switching to Boost. Getting a Warp Android for $200 plus a free month of unlimited service.
    Goody for you.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

I'll take a guess that you have a vested interested in protecting the reputation of Cricket. Are you reseller? Or phone flasher? Or paid Cricket employee?
    Look at the signature. Right there is plain sight.

I'm not bashing anyone. I'm deliver facts, which incidentally also serve as a complaint: There is no service in an area here than stretches over 70 miles, and that service has been down for 6 STRAIGHT DAYS. And, I'm complaining that after innumerable phone calls that nobody at Cricket's Corporate offices, nor anybody at 800-Cricket, will even admit that there IS an outage!
    Ok we get it. The service is out. You haven't got your satisfaction of an admission of the problem. So if they admit there's a problem are you going to shut up, or will your focus change to "It's been out for 6 straight days and no fix".

One little outage in the boonies of Colorado will not have a lasting impact on Cricket. Yes it sucks for those affected. So did the oil spill in the gulf, but BP is still chugging along. We'll miss you, but you'll have Boost and it's way better because Sprint doesnt break anything.

Again for those who missed it. THIS isn't Cricket. We sympathize with our fellow users that are affected by this outage. If the outage has lasted this long there must be a reason and it will be resolved. In my experience Cricket has some the most responsive and capable network people around. There is a reason this has lasted so long and contrary to what Mark thinks it's not because Cricket doesn't care. We may find out it's not even Crickets issue. But until we know what the details are it's just an unfortunate situation for a small area of Colorado.

Phone
    Mercury M886

I've seen several confrontations on this board.....you guys are brutal!!!!

Though I have to admit that there are personality issues at times on my Board as well, but we don't allow them to go on for days!

A thread like this would have been locked down long ago...just my 2cents
    Last edited by Sport; 11-06-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    I've seen several confrontations on this board.....you guys are brutal!!!!

Though I have to admit that there are personality issues at times on my Board as well, but we don't allow them to go on for days!
    I just me. I have low self esteem and when people make completely rational complaints, it bothers me.

Or maybe the pointless posts irritate me. I can't remember which.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    I just me. I have low self esteem and when people make completely rational complaints, it bothers me.
    Or maybe the pointless posts irritate me. I can't remember which.
    woof; as a Super Moderator you should be above the petty bickering and should have explaind that CU is not affiliated with Cricket or Leap Comm. and therefore although we respect your need to vent; CU has absolutely no power to change things

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Sorry guys, I'm out of line! I was thinking back on my board....what/how/if you handle things is your business, not mine!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    woof; as a Super Moderator you should be above the petty bickering and should have explaind that CU is not affiliated with Cricket or Leap Comm. and therefore although we respect your need to vent; CU has absolutely no power to change things

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Sorry guys, I'm out of line! I was thinking back on my board....what/how/if you handle things is your business, not mine!

Putting Super Moderator in my profile doesnt not make me immune to whining and stupid. It actually gives me the power to delete both. I am however reluctant to do anything of the sort in a conversation I am involved in because it may look like an abuse of power. No one is above petty bickering and in Post 14 I said this isn't Cricket. Post 21 I said again this isn't Cricket.
    Again for those who missed it. THIS isn't Cricket. We sympathize with our fellow users that are affected by this outage. If the outage has lasted this long there must be a reason and it will be resolved. In my experience Cricket has some the most responsive and capable network people around. There is a reason this has lasted so long and contrary to what Mark thinks it's not because Cricket doesn't care. We may find out it's not even Crickets issue. But until we know what the details are it's just an unfortunate situation for a small area of Colorado.

And it's printed at the top of every page.

People are welcome to come here and vent about their issues with Cricket and we will do whatever we can to help or fix their problems. Seriously. But when you come in my house (and the SM title makes it mine) and do nothing but gripe and complain and act entitled, I will get upset and I will respond. Sure I'll defend Cricket, they are my livelihood. I agree they suck in this case because they haven't owned this mistake, but maybe there is a logical explanation for that. If someone doesnt want that or believe that and wants to leave then go. STFU and change carriers. It's ok. The great thing about Cricket is you can choose to leave any time you want, so when someone says crap like "I'm gonna switch to Boost if they don't......." It just really pisses me of. SWITCH already. You dont like Cricket, fine, go. Hanging around and complaining over and over again makes you look like a child and yes arguing with those folks doesnt help me, but I'll take the chance. I will defend Cricket because I believe in them.

So now I am going to use my power, reluctantly. The subject of Dillon Colorado and their ongoing outage dies here and now. It sucks and we empathize with those affected but the discussion is over. If you feel the need to bash Cricket for their performance in the matter, go to Facebook or the media or to your mom, but not here.

And Sport, you weren't out of line. At least I didnt see it that way.

Thread closed. Good night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information