Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

I say have a soft cap at 2 GB, and then throttle at 500 kbps until you hit 5 GB. After 5 GB throttled at 250 kbps. After 10 GB, throttle at 100 kbps for the remainder of the billing cycle.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Anything would be better than it is now. I'm thinking about going back to the $45 when the 3D has permanent root.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    EVO 4G

For any risk takers out there and folks who like to tinker, you can always give the nitriscript unthrottling method a try.

I did it this past weekend and I can't say it does or does not work. I can say it did not mess up my phone at all. Search nitriscript on google. Turn off your antivirus when you run it or else your AV will go nuts. You just plug your phone to PC, extract, and run the .exe file. Follow the instructions and that's it. I did a reboot, not sure if it's required.

1/2 way through my billing cycle, I am at 1.93GB of data usage. I have been maintaining 0.90+mbps DL speed and around 0.50+mbps UL based on the speedtest.net app. I pretty much run Pandora all day and watch alot of Netflix.

If anyone else tries it out, I would be curious about your results. Also, it would be a good time to check a couple PRLs from the PRL thread to ensure you have the best one running for your area.
    Last edited by ksechrest; 07-12-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    For any risk takers out there and folks who like to tinker, you can always give the nitriscript unthrottling method a try.

I did it this past weekend and I can't say it does or does not work. I can say it did not mess up my phone at all. Search nitriscript on google. Turn off your antivirus when you run it or else your AV will go nuts. You just plug your phone to PC, extract, and run the .exe file. Follow the instructions and that's it. I did a reboot, not sure if it's required.

1/2 way through my billing cycle, I am at 1.93GB of data usage. I have been maintaining 0.90+mbps DL speed and around 0.50+mbps UL based on the speedtest.net app. I pretty much run Pandora all day and watch alot of Netflix.

If anyone else tries it out, I would be curious about your results. Also, it would be a good time to check a couple PRLs from the PRL thread to ensure you have the best one running for your area.

I don't really want to do anything like that. I'd feel like I'd be ripping Cricket off. I think I'll just continue complaining about the way things are right now.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend

Same here, i just rather use wifi when its available.
    Last edited by myautoview; 07-14-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Phone
    EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I don't really want to do anything like that. I'd feel like I'd be ripping Cricket off. I think I'll just continue complaining about the way things are right now.
    I see where you are coming from . I guess I just look at it like another mod/tweak I'm doing to my phone! On a side note, my throttling has kicked in more since I posted last. I'm lingering around 130-700 kbps DL speed now. UL speed staying the same.

I see where you are coming from . I guess I just look at it like another mod/tweak I'm doing to my phone! On a side note, my throttling has kicked in more since I posted last. I'm lingering around 130-700 kbps DL speed now. UL speed staying the same.
    You sure you're throttled if you're getting 700 kbps? I'd like to get that speed right now.. I usually get around 100 kbps down and upload usually does stay the same.

Phone
    EVO 4G

I was getting 0.90+ all day last few days. Now on the speedtest, I get around 0.70mbps out the gate and it drops up and down as low as 0.13mbps. My uploads have actually increased alittle to around 0.65-0.70mbps.

I was getting 0.90+ all day last few days. Now on the speedtest, I get around 0.70mbps out the gate and it drops up and down as low as 0.13mbps. My uploads have actually increased alittle to around 0.65-0.70mbps.
    That's weird.. Maybe you are throttled then.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

That's weird.. Maybe you are throttled then.
    I know I am I'm getting 90-110kbps download.

Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Personally Cricket needs to lose the 1GB limit and raise it to 5GB. Whats the sense of Cricket wireless providing all these new phones and web streaming services knowing people are going to go over their limit.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    Personally Cricket needs to lose the 1GB limit and raise it to 5GB. Whats the sense of Cricket wireless providing all these new phones and web streaming services knowing people are going to go over their limit.
    That's the question. I've often wondered of they like making people mad at them

Phone
    EVO 3D

I say have a soft cap at 2 GB, and then throttle at 500 kbps until you hit 5 GB. After 5 GB throttled at 250 kbps. After 10 GB, throttle at 100 kbps for the remainder of the billing cycle.
    I like avenues idea it would be much better if they had different throttle levels.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang915 View Post
    I like avenues idea it would be much better if they had different throttle levels.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    He has a lot of good ideas and that's one I really little too.

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    original Ascend

Yeah, I think they should allow purchases of more GBs before you're throttled down. But I also read somewhere that something like 95% of smartphone users use less than 1 GB, so maybe Crickets just catering to the 95% trying to get them the cheapest possible price

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information