Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 106
  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    I say have a soft cap at 2 GB, and then throttle at 500 kbps until you hit 5 GB. After 5 GB throttled at 250 kbps. After 10 GB, throttle at 100 kbps for the remainder of the billing cycle.

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #17
    Jumpmaster
    Points: 2,456,084, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Chris Rodriguez's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 456
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,421
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5



    Anything would be better than it is now. I'm thinking about going back to the $45 when the 3D has permanent root.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

    If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

  4. #18
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    For any risk takers out there and folks who like to tinker, you can always give the nitriscript unthrottling method a try.

    I did it this past weekend and I can't say it does or does not work. I can say it did not mess up my phone at all. Search nitriscript on google. Turn off your antivirus when you run it or else your AV will go nuts. You just plug your phone to PC, extract, and run the .exe file. Follow the instructions and that's it. I did a reboot, not sure if it's required.

    1/2 way through my billing cycle, I am at 1.93GB of data usage. I have been maintaining 0.90+mbps DL speed and around 0.50+mbps UL based on the speedtest.net app. I pretty much run Pandora all day and watch alot of Netflix.

    If anyone else tries it out, I would be curious about your results. Also, it would be a good time to check a couple PRLs from the PRL thread to ensure you have the best one running for your area.
    Last edited by ksechrest; 07-12-2011 at 05:32 PM.

  5. #19
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    For any risk takers out there and folks who like to tinker, you can always give the nitriscript unthrottling method a try.

    I did it this past weekend and I can't say it does or does not work. I can say it did not mess up my phone at all. Search nitriscript on google. Turn off your antivirus when you run it or else your AV will go nuts. You just plug your phone to PC, extract, and run the .exe file. Follow the instructions and that's it. I did a reboot, not sure if it's required.

    1/2 way through my billing cycle, I am at 1.93GB of data usage. I have been maintaining 0.90+mbps DL speed and around 0.50+mbps UL based on the speedtest.net app. I pretty much run Pandora all day and watch alot of Netflix.

    If anyone else tries it out, I would be curious about your results. Also, it would be a good time to check a couple PRLs from the PRL thread to ensure you have the best one running for your area.

    I don't really want to do anything like that. I'd feel like I'd be ripping Cricket off. I think I'll just continue complaining about the way things are right now.

  6. #20
    Junior Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14
    Phone
    Huawei Ascend



    Same here, i just rather use wifi when its available.
    Last edited by myautoview; 07-14-2011 at 09:29 AM.

  7. #21
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I don't really want to do anything like that. I'd feel like I'd be ripping Cricket off. I think I'll just continue complaining about the way things are right now.
    I see where you are coming from . I guess I just look at it like another mod/tweak I'm doing to my phone! On a side note, my throttling has kicked in more since I posted last. I'm lingering around 130-700 kbps DL speed now. UL speed staying the same.

  8. #22
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    I see where you are coming from . I guess I just look at it like another mod/tweak I'm doing to my phone! On a side note, my throttling has kicked in more since I posted last. I'm lingering around 130-700 kbps DL speed now. UL speed staying the same.
    You sure you're throttled if you're getting 700 kbps? I'd like to get that speed right now.. I usually get around 100 kbps down and upload usually does stay the same.

  9. #23
    Member
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    207
    Phone
    EVO 4G



    I was getting 0.90+ all day last few days. Now on the speedtest, I get around 0.70mbps out the gate and it drops up and down as low as 0.13mbps. My uploads have actually increased alittle to around 0.65-0.70mbps.

  10. #24
    Senior Member
    Points: 51,481, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    avenue's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 51
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,805



    Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    I was getting 0.90+ all day last few days. Now on the speedtest, I get around 0.70mbps out the gate and it drops up and down as low as 0.13mbps. My uploads have actually increased alittle to around 0.65-0.70mbps.
    That's weird.. Maybe you are throttled then.

  11. #25
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    That's weird.. Maybe you are throttled then.
    I know I am I'm getting 90-110kbps download.


    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

  12. #26
    Senior Member Hexley's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 16
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    California.
    Posts
    263
    Phone
    LG Optimus C



    Personally Cricket needs to lose the 1GB limit and raise it to 5GB. Whats the sense of Cricket wireless providing all these new phones and web streaming services knowing people are going to go over their limit.

  13. #27
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    Personally Cricket needs to lose the 1GB limit and raise it to 5GB. Whats the sense of Cricket wireless providing all these new phones and web streaming services knowing people are going to go over their limit.
    That's the question. I've often wondered of they like making people mad at them

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

  14. #28
    Member
    Points: 1,471, Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%
    Mustang915's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    82
    Phone
    EVO 3D



    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I say have a soft cap at 2 GB, and then throttle at 500 kbps until you hit 5 GB. After 5 GB throttled at 250 kbps. After 10 GB, throttle at 100 kbps for the remainder of the billing cycle.
    I like avenues idea it would be much better if they had different throttle levels.



    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

  15. #29
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,825, Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    whitefiretiger's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    472
    Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket



    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang915 View Post
    I like avenues idea it would be much better if they had different throttle levels.



    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    He has a lot of good ideas and that's one I really little too.

    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk

  16. #30
    Member
    Points: 802, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Cricket User's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    50
    Phone
    original Ascend



    Yeah, I think they should allow purchases of more GBs before you're throttled down. But I also read somewhere that something like 95% of smartphone users use less than 1 GB, so maybe Crickets just catering to the 95% trying to get them the cheapest possible price

 

 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 12:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner