Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Quote Originally Posted by ksechrest View Post
    APNs and PRLs should be the same regardless of what rom you flash. They stick with the phone and are not determined by the ROM. At least, that is my understanding.
    Right, don't you have to do a data wipe inorder to flash the ROM?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfool View Post
    Right, don't you have to do a data wipe inorder to flash the ROM?

A data wipe will always give you the best error free flash, but it's not always required. I always do it. You can use Titanium Backup free version to install your apps back.

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    EVO 3D

Ok so if I do a bridge payment will my data usage reset? And get good speeds?
    Also I edited the first post on how to check your data usage. Just trying to help

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Phone
    EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfool View Post
    Right... have you tried the throttle.zip?? Its meant to do the same thing: delete those files and then reboot. That didn't work immune Droid X. Maybe it had something to do with the network and the way Crikey sends data? Or maybe we have to do it when we are NOT throttled?

I successfully completed the services.jar mod and rebooted just fine. I don't have immediate speed increase results just yet, but I'm already throttled so I may have to wait until my next billing cycle for it to work. I will test it the next couple days to see if my data usage changes on the website. i'm curious if it blocks data usage tracking or what. I did notice that the /data/system/ folder no longer has the Throttling file in it. It normally pops right up after I delete as soon as I browse the internet. It's no longer showing up now.

I will update again in a few days.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

I successfully completed the services.jar mod and rebooted just fine. I don't have immediate speed increase results just yet, but I'm already throttled so I may have to wait until my next billing cycle for it to work.
    the point of doing the services.jar mod is so you don't have to wait until your next billing cycle to get back up to speed; you should be back up and running good speed if it worked.
    i have tried this but it didn't seem to be worth it to me because on some phones (like mine) it can make some errors and you wont be able to get into some of the options on the phone.
    I used something called 3g_edge_update.zip (version 2) and it doesn't actuarially remove the throttling info from your phone but it changes the build.prop to allow a wider data range. I am throttled right now and getting 550 - 750kbps download speed results with speedtest.net app (my normal throttle speed is 80 - 110kbps)
    I can not wait until my billing cycle restarts because my normal (unthrottled) speed results are 550 - 650kbps and now getting better than that while throttled.
    there has been reports of people doubling there unthrottled download speeds with this method. and you can even tweak these new lines in the build.prop by hand some have been able to get crazy speeds this way (buy as i found the hard way by making a typo in the build.prop you can boot-loop your phone if not carefull)

Phone
    EVO 4G

Cool. Thanks for info. I saw that file you mentioned but haven't tried it yet. Will though and let you know. I've been running the services.jar mod today. Going to check data usage on the website tomorrow and see if it blocked data reporting to Cricket.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

Cool. Thanks for info. I saw that file you mentioned but haven't tried it yet. Will though and let you know. I've been running the services.jar mod today. Going to check data usage on the website tomorrow and see if it blocked data reporting to Cricket.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk
    Ok.

On your phone can you access menu/settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks
    This is the big prob with the services.jar mod. And on my phone it caused problems with me sd card not wanting to mount (even after tring to put it mack to normal)

I tried doing the 3g edge update in conjunction with the services.jar mod (both services.jar mad first and after the update and my dl speed was slower than just the update by itself
    Swyped from my Cricket Droid os 2.3.4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by whitefiretiger; 07-15-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Phone
    EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    Ok.

On your phone can you access menu/settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks
    This is the big prob with the services.jar mod. And on my phone it caused problems with me sd card not wanting to mount (even after tring to put it mack to normal)

I tried doing the 3g edge update in conjunction with the services.jar mod (both services.jar mad first and after the update and my dl speed was slower than just the update by itself
    I downloaded the 3g_edge_update file numerous times and kept getting an error when trying to flash it. So I just executed the file inside(hack.sh) by using root explorer. I also copy/pasted the lines of code into the build.prop file. Neither of these things increased my speed and I'm definately throttled.

When I run a speed test, the DL speed will start high like 1Mbps and then immediately drop off down to .12Mbps. Are you sure you are throttled? Maybe post your 3g_edge_update file or tell me what you did to flash it? Thanks

As for the services.jar mod, I checked mycricket.com this morning and my data usage was not blocked yesterday. I'm still not sure exactly how the services.jar mod is supposed to work. By the way, I don't get errors on this mod except can't access mobile network settings. Not a big deal because I setup the mobile network settings how I wanted them before I did this mod. No need to access them.
    Last edited by ksechrest; 07-16-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

I downloaded the 3g_edge_update file numerous times and kept getting an error when trying to flash it. So I just executed the file inside(hack.sh) by using root explorer. I also copy/pasted the lines of code into the build.prop file. Neither of these things increased my speed and I'm definately throttled.

When I run a speed test, the DL speed will start high like 1Mbps and then immediately drop off down to .12Mbps. Are you sure you are throttled? Maybe post your 3g_edge_update file or tell me what you did to flash it? Thanks

As for the services.jar mod, I checked mycricket.com this morning and my data usage was not blocked yesterday. I'm still not sure exactly how the services.jar mod is supposed to work. By the way, I don't get errors on this mod except can't access mobile network settings. Not a big deal because I setup the mobile network settings how I wanted them before I did this mod. No need to access them.
    I'm throttled. If I put my build.prop back to normal I go back to like 90kbps dl speed.
    I used the newest cm recovery to flash the update with no prob

Phone
    EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by whitefiretiger View Post
    I'm throttled. If I put my build.prop back to normal I go back to like 90kbps dl speed.
    I used the newest cm recovery to flash the update with no prob

so the update file just adds those 7 or 8 lines to your build.prop?

Phone
    EVO 4G Cricket

so the update file just adds those 7 or 8 lines to your build.prop?
    After a bit ill do a line for line compare of the modified and the original I thought I saw like 10 lines

Phone
    lg optimus c

cricket should raise the cap to 2g. i cant wait to see 4g in cricket phones

Quote Originally Posted by davelopez View Post
    cricket should raise the cap to 2g. i cant wait to see 4g in cricket phones
    Yeah, I also think the soft cap should be raised to 2 GB.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I'm pretty much at 1gb now. Dangit. I need 2.5 -3 really. Let me pay 5 bucks more or something.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I'm pretty much at 1gb now. Dangit. I need 2.5 -3 really. Let me pay 5 bucks more or something.
    I won't pay more..

But I use around 4 GB/month even when throttled.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information