Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Man that suckssss. So is there any type of phone that will allow enough speed to maintain my gameplay during a tether?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by TJOnline1991 View Post
    Man that suckssss. So is there any type of phone that will allow enough speed to maintain my gameplay during a tether?
    How much speed do you need for your games? Are you sure 100 kbps isn't good enough? It won't work well with computer gaming but it might work with gaming on a DS.

I was surprised when I was able to hold a voice call over data at 100 kbps. It might be better than you think. Remember, you can get it and always return it if you don't like it.

Keep in mind root voids warranty though so you would need to unroot it.

Overall activity: 2.0%
    Phone
    Droid X

Not with Cricket since all Cricket phones rely on the same data. I hear that Sprint offers an unlimited package without throttling for $80 a month (I could be wrong). But yeah man, it does suck but you get what you pay for in a way

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Im not sure how much speed I actually need to keep the online games running well, nor do I know a way of finding out. But like you said, Cricket does off a 30 day return plan, so if I dont like it I can always return it.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfool View Post
    Not with Cricket since all Cricket phones rely on the same data. I hear that Sprint offers an unlimited package without throttling for $80 a month (I could be wrong). But yeah man, it does suck but you get what you pay for in a way

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I think it's $69.99/month.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

They slap on this:

You do lose your unlimited talk and text. It's 450 minutes plus some other free stuff, but check the rates on the text since it's only unlimited within their network.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    They slap on this:

You do lose your unlimited talk and text. It's 450 minutes plus some other free stuff, but check the rates on the text since it's only unlimited within their network.
    I forgot about that. That is still new. It used to be included. So, I guess they charge $10 for 3G and another $10 for 4G now. That is getting expensive.

haoleflip719

Cricket has 4G? And has it been confirmed that u can somehow get more data usage a month? I've heard a few rumors...

Tap'd by my Evil Fascinate
    **Evil Fascination 3.6**Peanut Butter Jelly Time Voodoo Kernel**QS Rating: 1,657**

Phone
    EVO 4G

Cricket does not currently have 4G. I have it on my EVO thru Clear. 4G is not throttled.

I've tried about every trick in the book to bypass the Cricket throttle and it won't happen. Android $55 plan is throttled after 1gb and the $45 plan is not throttled but will be slower than the Android plan.

Sent from my King's Alliance Evo running 4G data

Phone
    HTC Desire

So after I use up the 1gb (which will probably happen no matter what I do) the speed drops that much? BTW i have no idea how fast 1000kbps or how slow 100kbps is, but i dont think 3DS or Wii gaming is that "intense" where you would need that many kbps to keep it from lagging. Also does anybody have a hauwei ascend 2 to confirm if it can tether or be rooted yet?
    TJ This is calclan1234 from youtube, I didnt really know about the data caps and transfer rates (viewing this topic i kinda know now lol), but from what i can see game lag varies on the game and the players you play against. From playin SSF4 and the speed is decent enough to play others intensely. To also comform, resident evil: the mercenaries 3D is flawless on my 3G hotspot.

As for the root for the Huawei ascend 2, rooting is possible.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I forgot about that. That is still new. It used to be included. So, I guess they charge $10 for 3G and another $10 for 4G now. That is getting expensive.
    They use to do this for 4G phones and now they do it for every smartphone I think. Even when they did it just for 4G phones, they'd slap it on there regardless of whether or not you were in a 4G area.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    They use to do this for 4G phones and now they do it for every smartphone I think. Even when they did it just for 4G phones, they'd slap it on there regardless of whether or not you were in a 4G area.
    I don't like how they're charging more for 3G now. I understand that they need to charge for 4G though. I think the fee keeps the cost of the phones down too. If they gave out free 4G they'd need to make up for it somehow.

cricket is a great deal, seriously i did not know about the 1gb limit, ill be sure to let my customers know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by XCALIBIR View Post
    TJ This is calclan1234 from youtube, I didnt really know about the data caps and transfer rates (viewing this topic i kinda know now lol), but from what i can see game lag varies on the game and the players you play against. From playin SSF4 and the speed is decent enough to play others intensely. To also comform, resident evil: the mercenaries 3D is flawless on my 3G hotspot.

As for the root for the Huawei ascend 2, rooting is possible.
    Oh hi Calclan1234, didnt expect to see you here. From what youre saying, the lag in the matches really depends on who playing with, (even after the cap). Which Is all I really needed to know, I always wanted a Andriod Phone, but When I found out you can turn it into a mobile hotspot that sealed the deal. . And if it could handle all those zombies coming at you on Resident Evil: Mercenaries ONLINE, I KNOW it could handle SSFF4. This should be a great buy.

Phone
    Huawei Ascend II

Hey Gang,

New to the forum and Cricket. Apologies if this has been asked/answered before, but if I have two phones/plans on the same account, does that mean 1GB for EACH phone/plan? Is that shared, or no? 1GB per plan totalling 2GB for the account seems logical to me, but idunno how they work it. I looked at the website and data usage, but couldn't really distinguish between phone numbers, just "my account."

Your help is appreciated!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information