Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Unhappy Phoenix, AZ- Muve music service, and twitter widget not downloading/updating.

Phoenix market, Samsung Suede, 602-488-xxxx, I've had my phone since Feb., and starting April 29th I started to get a warning that read something like "Muve service expired, to renew service, please call 1800-cricket" The first time it happened, I hit the Back button, and my download started right away, so I chalked it up to just a glitch. The next day it happend again, this time it was when I was browsing in "my Music". By Sunday night, it was getting to the point where it would seize up, and get stuck with the "please wait" spinner when I would even attempt to start up the Muve Music App.

On May 2nd, or 3rd I called 1800 cricket, and they told me to take the battery out and let my phone sit for 2mins. I did, and then dialed *228; it went into its reprogramming mode and that seemed to fix the problem. By the 5th, it was acting up again and I called a second time. Went through the *228 reprogram, and this time it didn't really help as much as it did the first time. I could download music, but a lot of the music would come in clipped, as if only part of it got downloaded. I'd get 10 seconds of Aerosmith, then 20 seconds of Lupe Fiasco, and a couple of complete songs, the another clipped song.

On the 7th, I noticed that songs that I had placed on download back on the 5th hadn't even been downloaded! So I tried cancelling those downloads and downloading a couple more songs, one that I had requested on the 5th, and another one that I hadn't. I looked at the Icons, and saw the Data Call icon, which was normal, but instead of being followed by the Downloading Music Icon, I get the Dormant Data Icon.

I called 1800cricket, I was advised to do the *228 thing again, and I also got a ticket number for the tech support escalation, they said I should hear from them by the 11th.

Usually, how I go about getting new music is that I'll select 25-50 songs. Usually downloading a few albums at a time, and letting the download happen overnight while the phone is charging.

As for the twitter widget not updating, my wife had been told in the past by the 1800 cricket call center that you need to go to the browser, clear the cache, cookies and history. then restart the phone. That worked for my Twitter Widget.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Ah well please keep us updated. Either I heard about the same problem or I saw your post on Facebook. Everything is a blur.

----- Sent on my Cricket Gingerbread Droid 2 on Cricket (tapatalk)
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thumbs down

Yup, that's the same guy you saw on the Facebook post.

Here's an update:

I was told that the Tech support was going to get in touch with me by today. I called the !800Cricket number (CCS), and they told me that the Tech support had reviewed my issue, and declared it a null point.

We have two lines in my name, one is my wife's phone, the standard $45 line; and mine which is the Muve service for $55.

Turns out that when I called the third time and got the tech support ticket, the lady that placed the ticket had referenced the phone on the $45 plan. So, when tech support reviewed the Issue, they saw plainly that the phone was not on the Muve music service, so of course it didn't get Muve.

I am currently on the phone with their CCS line and had it very well explained by my new rep Sam, that Joy hadn't gotten around to placing my ticket in the cue. He's taking care of that now. He gave me the ticket number "OTTO 320 252"

I was told they'd get back to me within 24 hours.

I've worked in customer service before, and it's obvious that English is not their first language, so I'm being as patient as I can.

No reply yet, called this morning they requested that I give them another 24 Hrs.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Someone was having a problem with their "expired" Muve service and dial *228 to fix it.

What's your current status?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

hey im sorta having the same issue here(TX), got my phone was activated succesfully, i can make and receive calls and text, but i cant launch any app cause it says expired service, so i called and told me remove battery *228 but still no solution, so he then tells me to do it over and over, then issues me a trouble ticket, and i will receive a call in 24 hours waited 48 hours no response, called again, same thing just that the rep did not have record or info on my acct about the issue so again with the *228 over and over, then gives me a ticket than i will receive a call, and tells me to go to local center, went to local center representative tried everything and no solution still so... yeah no update no call back and no change on service, funny the first ever phone i ever bought (which was because i didnt like any of the other service providers, and well unlimited music) and im having this problem...

Overall activity: 7.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    623-329-6058

muve music phoenix on my engage mt

I have had phone for 1 month and app opens and will start playing sing then message comes up saying unfortunately muve music has stopped working and tech support has been no help in resolving this matter

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright4u2 View Post
    I have had phone for 1 month and app opens and will start playing sing then message comes up saying unfortunately muve music has stopped working and tech support has been no help in resolving this matter
    Have you checked the Google Play store to see if you're on the latest version?

Also you can go to settings > apps > Muve and see if you can clear data. That might help.

Overall activity: 7.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    623-329-6058

clearing data

Thanks for you input Chris yes I do have updated virson , I tried your suggestion on clearing data and all it did was erase all 459 songs so i redownloaded them and issue remains the same

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

my suggestion is to factory reset the device. after you backup your contacts and stuff. also check for a firmware update for the phone. i think there was one recently

Customer Since
    May 2013
    Phone
    Galaxy Ex i437z

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    my suggestion is to factory reset the device. after you backup your contacts and stuff. also check for a firmware update for the phone. i think there was one recently

It may be the Muve errors we saw when we upgraded a while back. I uninstalled Muve, deleted the entire Muve folder and then rebooted my phone. I then reinstalled Muve and downloaded all my music again.

Thread Information